Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,121 members, 7,957,199 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 08:56 AM

South Korean Court Decriminalises Adultery - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / South Korean Court Decriminalises Adultery (2458 Views)

New Study On How To Avoid Adultery In Your Marriage / Should Adultery Be Criminalized? / She Confessed To Have Committed Adultery.advise Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Korean Court Decriminalises Adultery by Adesiji77: 10:03am On Feb 26, 2015
South Korea’s Constitutional Court has struck down a 60-year-old statute outlawing adultery under which violators faced up to two years in prison.
The nine-member bench ruled by seven to two that the 1953 law was unconstitutional in a judgement handed down on Thursday.
“Even if adultery should be condemned as immoral, state power should not intervene in individuals’ private lives,” said presiding justice Park Han-Chul.
It was the fifth time the apex court had considered the constitutional legality of the legislation which had made South Korea one of the few non-Muslim countries to regard marital infidelity as a criminal act.
In the past six years, close to 5,500 people have been formerly arraigned on adultery charges – including nearly 900 in 2014.
But the numbers had been falling, with cases that end in prison terms increasingly rare.
Whereas 216 people were jailed under the law in 2004, that figure had dropped to 42 by 2008, and since then only 22 have found themselves behind bars, according to figures from the state prosecution office.
The downward trend was partly a reflection of changing societal trends in a country where rapid modernisation has frequently clashed with traditionally conservative norms.

http://www.punchng.com/news/south-korean-court-legalises-adultery/

cc RoyalRoy,Tgirl4real, Ishilove
Re: South Korean Court Decriminalises Adultery by johnjon: 10:04am On Feb 26, 2015
wow.. great news
Re: South Korean Court Decriminalises Adultery by Dyt(f): 10:07am On Feb 26, 2015
grin cheesy cheesy
Re: South Korean Court Decriminalises Adultery by Baddestguyp(m): 10:11am On Feb 26, 2015
not my business
Re: South Korean Court Decriminalises Adultery by joystickextendr: 10:13am On Feb 26, 2015
shocked
Re: South Korean Court Decriminalises Adultery by yemicoal(m): 10:22am On Feb 26, 2015
cool
Re: South Korean Court Decriminalises Adultery by phabuloz(m): 10:38am On Feb 26, 2015
Na dis kind law naija suppose d adopt#smile
Re: South Korean Court Decriminalises Adultery by SAMBARRY: 10:46am On Feb 26, 2015
johnjon:
wow.. great news
yes great news indeed. Now the state has legally or unknowingly empowered open relationships where a man and a woman is free to sleep with as many men and women as they want. Now that the door is opened and it's no longer an offence husband and wives will respect themselves and keep their private parts to themselves since both of them have the legal rights to cheat tongue

Chillisauce
cococandy
Sophyrocks
Francis tony
EfemenaXY
KanwuliaJara

come put mouth o

next
Re: South Korean Court Decriminalises Adultery by SAMBARRY: 10:54am On Feb 26, 2015
phabuloz:
Na dis kind law naija suppose d adopt#smile
I second that motion

when men know that their wives have all the rights as they have to cheat in their presence or behind their backs let me see the man that will not lock his John Thomas

As men and women are all citizens abi tongue

this is a really good move. After all even in the Bible when God said that you can eat all the fruits except the fruit in this tree that was when eve eye shine on that particular one that God said she shouldn't eat but if there's no law restricting adultery the adventure is gone so if you catch your wife doing the same thing you are doing there's no court that will say otherwise after all what is good for the goose is also good for the gander.

If you look beyond your nose you will see the law is indirectly advocating fidelity and if you have no self control kuku do open relationships
Re: South Korean Court Decriminalises Adultery by johnjon: 11:36am On Feb 26, 2015
SAMBARRY:
yes great news indeed. Now the state has legally or unknowingly empowered open relationships where a man and a woman is free to sleep with as many men and women as they want. Now that the door is opened and it's no longer an offence husband and wives will respect themselves and keep their private parts to themselves since both of them have the legal rights to cheat tongue

Chillisauce
cococandy
Sophyrocks
Francis tony
EfemenaXY
KanwuliaJara

come put mouth o

next

Exactly, now they can feck as they want. Isn't that great...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South Korean Court Decriminalises Adultery by SAMBARRY: 11:47am On Feb 26, 2015
johnjon:

Exactly, now they can feck as they want. Isn't that great...
very very. Now where are the variety is the spice of life proponents undecided

All gender has the exclusive rights to cheat all thanks to south Korean policy makers

next

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South Korean Court Decriminalises Adultery by Adesiji77: 12:20pm On Feb 26, 2015
johnjon:
wow.. great news

How?
Re: South Korean Court Decriminalises Adultery by Nobody: 12:24pm On Feb 26, 2015
SAMBARRY:

Chillisauce
cococandy
Sophyrocks
Francis tony
EfemenaXY
KanwuliaJara
come put mouth o
next
In my opinion, the law isn't bad for whoever want to cheat but the government should illegalise it for married couples--I don't see any tangibe reason why married men and women should cheat...

It's disheartening for a married person to cheat on his/her spouse except if both of them agreed to it. The effects it would cost on the woman if her husband is caught cheating is bizarre.

I don't care if single ladies and men cheat because I abide strongly to each on their own.
Re: South Korean Court Decriminalises Adultery by SAMBARRY: 12:32pm On Feb 26, 2015
Yeah right it has given both parties in marriage the exclusive right to cheat so if you catch your spouse doing the same thing you're doing it means both of you have served each other perfectly and since you wouldn't want that both of you will respect yourself in marriage besides that since the door is opened it is no longer a question of if your spouse catches you. You will see that the men and women who claim they don't have self control will have because it is now a matter of 2 can play the game

variety is the spice of life men will behave themselves better
FrancisTony:

In my opinion, the law isn't bad for whoever want to cheat but the government should illegalise it for married couples--I don't see any tangibe reason why married men and women should cheat...

It's disheartening for a married person to cheat on his/her spouse except if both of them agreed to it. The effects it would cost on the woman if her husband is caught cheating is bizarre.

I don't care if single ladies and men cheat because I abide strongly to each on their own.
Re: South Korean Court Decriminalises Adultery by johnjon: 1:14pm On Feb 26, 2015
SAMBARRY:
very very. Now where are the variety is the spice of life proponents undecided

All gender has the exclusive rights to cheat all thanks to south Korean policy makers

next

This is a prime example of how some people cling to the false sense of security that making something illegal gives them. Many countries have banned alcohol, guns, drugs, and prostitution and none went away, only got worse.
To cheat or not to cheat is more about personal conscience than it is about society and its rules we must follow or be punished.

This should be a good debate though.. should cheating on your spouse be illegal?
Re: South Korean Court Decriminalises Adultery by LordReed(m): 4:43pm On Feb 26, 2015
Adesiji77:
Punch newspaper made it sound like they "legalized'' in the true sense.

cc RoyalRoy,Tgirl4real, Ishilove

And you decided to perpetuate the sensationalism right? The correct term should be decriminalised not legalised.
Re: South Korean Court Decriminalises Adultery by Adesiji77: 5:16pm On Feb 26, 2015
LordReed:

And you decided to perpetuate the sensationalism right? The correct term should be decriminalised not legalised.

Modified, thank you. At the time posting, I could not come up with the appropriate substitute. cool

1 Like

Re: South Korean Court Decriminalises Adultery by baralatie(m): 5:41pm On Feb 26, 2015
can a court of jurisdence outlaw a a constitutional law passed by the House!
It is impossible!
Re: South Korean Court Decriminalises Adultery by SAMBARRY: 12:49pm On Feb 27, 2015
EOD!

Next
johnjon:

This is a prime example of how some people cling to the false sense of security that making something illegal gives them. Many countries have banned alcohol, guns, drugs, and prostitution and none went away, only got worse.
To cheat or not to cheat is more about personal conscience than it is about society and its rules we must follow or be punished.

This should be a good debate though.. should cheating on your spouse be illegal?
Re: South Korean Court Decriminalises Adultery by johnjon: 2:33pm On Feb 27, 2015
SAMBARRY:
EOD!

Next

Re: South Korean Court Decriminalises Adultery by SAMBARRY: 2:40pm On Feb 27, 2015
You better don't let your head fall this one that you're rotating it like ibo fan

johnjon:

Re: South Korean Court Decriminalises Adultery by johnjon: 3:12pm On Feb 27, 2015
SAMBARRY:
You better don't let your head fall this one that you're rotating it like ibo fan

Mtcheeeew! Bye bye!!!

Re: South Korean Court Decriminalises Adultery by SAMBARRY: 7:25pm On Feb 27, 2015
johnjon:

Mtcheeeew! Bye bye!!!

na your sister you dey fling your leg over her back. grin

Pele to you and your sister o grin

1 Like

Re: South Korean Court Decriminalises Adultery by johnjon: 7:48pm On Feb 27, 2015
SAMBARRY:
na your sister you dey fling your leg over her back. grin

Pele to you and your sister o grin
Yio ba furo e. Onijogbon angry
Re: South Korean Court Decriminalises Adultery by SAMBARRY: 7:50pm On Feb 27, 2015
johnjon:

Yio ba furo e. Onijogbon angry
furo sister e lomaba.oniranu cheesy
Re: South Korean Court Decriminalises Adultery by johnjon: 8:26pm On Feb 27, 2015
SAMBARRY:
furo sister e lomaba.oniranu cheesy
Agbaya. Owa lara e. Oni furo dudu grin
Re: South Korean Court Decriminalises Adultery by SAMBARRY: 9:29pm On Feb 27, 2015
johnjon:

Agbaya. Owa lara e. Oni furo dudu grin
shey your own furo blue before. Oponu smiley
Re: South Korean Court Decriminalises Adultery by gidjah(m): 9:38pm On Feb 27, 2015
So whats gonna be the fate of those jailed for long , can some one help of with an answer ?whats gonna be the future of the youth and growing population of that same nation ?
Re: South Korean Court Decriminalises Adultery by johnjon: 9:43pm On Feb 27, 2015
SAMBARRY:
shey your own furo blue before. Oponu smiley

Hmmm. I know you shocked

Olori nla. Onidi pelebe bi slate.
Re: South Korean Court Decriminalises Adultery by SAMBARRY: 9:25pm On Feb 28, 2015
johnjon:

Hmmm. I know you shocked

Olori nla. Onidi pelebe bi slate.
awon sister e.onikati kati

ahen if you know me nko. What should I do with the information. Abeg scram joor
Re: South Korean Court Decriminalises Adultery by johnjon: 9:32pm On Feb 28, 2015
SAMBARRY:
awon sister e.onikati kati

ahen if you know me nko. What should I do with the information. Abeg scram joor

scram koo crime ni. Lo wo pata joo. elegbe.
Re: South Korean Court Decriminalises Adultery by SAMBARRY: 10:05pm On Feb 28, 2015
johnjon:

scram koo crime ni. Lo wo pata joo. elegbe.
comon go and clean up your room and stop constituting yourself as a nuisance on nl.kid

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Don't Want A Step Mother ! / If Your Parents Were To Be Divorced, Who Would You Go With Mum Or Dad? / Man Divorces His Wife Of 4months. See His Reason

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.