Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,718 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Advice This Lawyer - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Advice This Lawyer (580 Views)

Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? / My Sordid Experience As A Female Lawyer Job Hunting. / Lawyer/law Firm / Lekki Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Advice This Lawyer by praise010(m): 2:28pm On Feb 26, 2015
The joy of being a lawyer is in litigation. However, this joy soon fades away when a young lawyer realises that legal practice hardly pays. This is my ordeal. Over 3yrs post call experience, yet my annual savings can't secure a room apartment.

I got a job (legal officer)at a bank. The salary is more than double my present salary. Although I agreed to resume on April 1st, I still have a burden in my heart leaving litigation. Moreover, I am about to resume lectures for my Masters in Unilag and the Bank may not allow that.

I just hope I can find advice from the house. Thank you.
Re: Advice This Lawyer by kayphyzee(m): 12:10pm On Feb 27, 2015
Bro, my advice is pretty simple. It depends on where your interest lies. If you still desire litigation, then you may have to reconsider the bank job cos it's going to take you out of practice.

@the masters prog, i guess you are yet to pay your tuition. If yes, you may forgo whatever fees you've already paid and then do the course in UI which you know is a very good school.

In the long run bro, where do you see yourself ten years from now. As a litigator or corporate/commercial law practitioner? That will guide you in making up your mind.

(1) (Reply)

Job Interview / Urgent Vacancy For Engineers / Latest Nigeria Jobs At Stresert Services Limited (8 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.