Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,028 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? (18880 Views)

Get These JOBS Today! / These Jobs Are Available / Get Your Profile Viewed On Linkedin If You Are Interested In Any Of These Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by goodgirl2409: 5:30pm On Mar 07, 2016
A friend of mine is confused on which of these jobs to take. Pls advice,which option should he go for?

First job
Company; law firm
Time; 7.30am-6.00pm
Days; monday-friday
Salary; 30K with other uncertain benefits
Salary per annum; 360,000naira

Second job
Company; music school
Days; wednesdays and thursdays only
Time; 12-2pm
Salary; 300K every 3 months
Salary per annum; 900,000naira
Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by Brigadier7(m): 6:36pm On Mar 07, 2016
He should follow his passion and do more of what makes him happy!!if its Music, Cool or if its Law, Fine also

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by unofficial(m): 6:58pm On Mar 07, 2016
Seen

4 Likes

Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by goodgirl2409: 7:01pm On Mar 07, 2016
unofficial:
...and why can't he do both The timing of one doesn't affect the other!

He wanted to do both but the law firm refused.
Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by Okijajuju1(m): 5:29pm On Mar 09, 2016
goodgirl2409:
A friend of mine is confused on which of these jobs to take. Pls advice,which option should he go for?

First job
Company; law firm
Time; 7.30am-6.00pm
Days; monday-friday
Salary; 30K with other uncertain benefits
Salary per annum; 360,000naira

Second job
Company; music school
Days; wednesdays and thursdays only
Time; 12-2pm
Salary; 300K every 3 months
Salary per annum; 900,000naira

Law job..

REASON: Relevant Experience..

The person should assess the Law firm and check if they have a good reputation in the industry. If its one of the top Law Firms, work for them and gather that invaluable experience which can get him/her into an even better Law firm in the future.

The second Job though it comes with better pay, adds nothing relevant the the persons resume and in the future when that job eventually ends, the person will be left with nothing but memories of a job that paid well but added no value to his professional life..

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by allanphash7(m): 5:29pm On Mar 09, 2016
Lol
Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by goldiam(f): 5:29pm On Mar 09, 2016
Tell your friend to go for the law firm and give me the link for the music school.

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by kentro95(m): 5:30pm On Mar 09, 2016
He should follow His mind.
. Chikena
Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by greatiyk4u(m): 5:30pm On Mar 09, 2016
If he is truly a Lawyer, then he doesn't need advice in this case cos the ans depends on his choice and priority.

Thank me later

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by Spactacle(m): 5:30pm On Mar 09, 2016
Hmmm.
Your friend should follow his/her heart..

The pay or the career

are you sure its not you!!!:.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by Mbkite(m): 5:31pm On Mar 09, 2016
Lie-nus Asi bu nkem

12 Likes

Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by orijintv(m): 5:32pm On Mar 09, 2016
Dude . . Seriously Is He That Dumb ?? Pls If He Is Still Confused, Let Him Work At The Law Firm ( Since He Studied Law) Nd Kuku Link Me To The Music Company smiley

6 Likes

Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by Jeromejnr(m): 5:32pm On Mar 09, 2016
Na wa o! People are trying.

Which kind of salary is this?

Abeg! That guy should go find himself a business to do.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by datbay(m): 5:32pm On Mar 09, 2016
Why did your friend study law,for money or for passion? If its for money,I bet your friend will get frustrated at that law firm(speaking from experience) because that law firm might frustrate him financially. How much is 30k? But only his/her passion will kip him/her going.So if he /she wants money, pls go to the music school ooo.Young lawyers are always at the mercies of their principals,which most times are wicked.(sorry to say).

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by Spactacle(m): 5:33pm On Mar 09, 2016
goldiam:
Tell your friend to go for the law firm and give me the link for the music school.

sharp babe...

7 Likes

Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by mekonglobal(m): 5:33pm On Mar 09, 2016
D higher d income d higher d bill....So op tell ur friend to take that which best takes care of his bill..... simple!

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by Tpeters(m): 5:33pm On Mar 09, 2016
Clap for urself #wellldone
goldiam:

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by olashas(f): 5:33pm On Mar 09, 2016
Take the second job. Then, during your spare time, look for a law firm that will allow you do Private practice (PP). This way, you learn the ropes at the law firm and you get a reasonable amount at the music school. Win/win situation bro.

You might regret taking the law firm job at the end of the month with this ridiculous salary.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by mrphysics(m): 5:33pm On Mar 09, 2016
Most law firms are very stingy and may over work you. I prefer him to go for the second work, most preferably, the school.

11 Likes

Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by Wallade(m): 5:35pm On Mar 09, 2016
You got the P/A salary calculations for Law firm job but that of music school job. I think it should be #1.2M.

I think he should blend the two jobs. He shouldn't have told the law firm about the possibility of blending the two jobs because they will be suspicious now.

He can take long breaks on those two days to make music school.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by MrFootball(m): 5:35pm On Mar 09, 2016
@Op
its 1.2M for d 2nd job.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by abbey621(m): 5:37pm On Mar 09, 2016
The decision should be based on the status of both companies. While the music school might pay more, do you know how stable the position or company is? For the law firm, the salary is definitely low but the experience outweighs that and if it is a good firm with solid reputation then within a year or two, it can lead to greater heights. unfortunately the economic hardship in Nigeria makes it difficult to not look at the money so it is understandable gravitating towards the company with the bigger pay but job security is a factor one must not overlook!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by hazyfm1: 5:40pm On Mar 09, 2016
wink

Law firm can shove their a$$ with their stipend

2nd job all the way

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 09, 2016
To be honest your friend knows what to do he just needs confirmation. I have learnt to sit back and let people make their decisions because deep inside before any adult ask for advise he/she already knows what they are going to do all they need is an affirmation to their deepest thought.

That aside, the only reason I am typing this is the time for the law firm job, 10hr and 30 mins? What type of firm is that, if I remember correctly labour law stipulates 8 hours a day. I understand that sometime people have to work long hours but in the interest of common sense and what seems legal and sensible is it wise to state that it is 8 hours but employee are required to put in long hours as the case arises?

Anyways "na dem be lawyer na dem sabi pass"

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by b0y(m): 5:41pm On Mar 09, 2016
@OP how did you arrive at 900k per annum when the quarterly pay is 300k

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by taurusmena1(m): 5:42pm On Mar 09, 2016
Go for the 2nd job cos
1) You have enof time in ur hands to pursue oda ventures
2) Beta pay
3)flexible working hours
4) can still scout for a law firm with a beta pay nd working hours
5)You can acquire oda professional certs while on d job.

Seriously ponder this cos u av a lot of opportunities to garner while looking for ur dream career job.

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by Kgdavid(m): 5:43pm On Mar 09, 2016
I would say if i were your friend, i would take the music job in a heartbeat, and look for unpaid work in a law firm somewhere. This way, he/she gets to earn a decent salary and still acquire the relevant legal experience. 30k is just not it, imo.

6 Likes

Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by Atlantian: 5:49pm On Mar 09, 2016
Follow the money.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by tellwisdom: 6:00pm On Mar 09, 2016
So you want to kee ya self because of peanut?? sad
Re: Which Of These Jobs Would You Advice This Lawyer To Go For? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Mar 09, 2016
The second job.

He has Mondays Tuesdays and Fridays free.

He can always volunteer in a good law firm and spend three days of the week there. Because of the fact that he won't be paid many lawfirms would gladly accept him.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) OND Internship Program 2019 - Nationwide / Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe / Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.