Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

How To Give An Effective Business Presentation - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Give An Effective Business Presentation (834 Views)

Today's Global Business Presentation / 3 Effective Business Skills They Don't Teach You In School / How To Make Effective Business Phone Calls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Give An Effective Business Presentation by bizngr(f): 4:29pm On Feb 26, 2015
Presentations are important in the business community for communicating information in a clear and interesting way. This article will show you how to plan and give a successful and professional business presentation.

Focus

As you prepare, focus on your main points, and illustrate each one with a visual aid, which can be anything from PowerPoint slides to a flip chart to sample products. Studies show that people's minds begin to wander after 10 minutes of passive listening.

Clean Up Your Visuals

Go for a minimalist look in your visuals; educational psychologists have found that the fewer words and pictures you have on a visual, the more your audience will remember. Use the colour red to highlight important points; psychologists say it's the colour most quickly noticed and easily remembered.

Use Hand-outs

Prepare hand-outs that list all your main points. This will make it easier for the audience to follow along, and people will pay better attention if they don't feel pressure to take notes.

Practice

Practice your speech as much as you can – in the mirror, with a friend or co-worker, or in front of a video camera.

Check Your Surroundings

Before your business presentation, familiarize yourself with the room you'll be using. Make sure you have all the equipment you need, that it works properly, and that you know how to use it.

Visualize Success

Imagine your presentation going well. Research shows that visualizing success can help you make it happen. Do some tongue twisters before you take the stage; it's a favourite trick of speech-givers to loosen up.

Position Yourself Correctly

Stand to the left of the screen or your flip chart from the viewpoint of the audience, making it easier for them to see the material. Take a step toward the audience when you want to emphasize something; it unconsciously signals them to pay special attention.

Have A Strong Close

Save your most memorable lines for your close, because that is what your audience will remember most when the presentation is over.

Source

1 Like

Re: How To Give An Effective Business Presentation by JanettFlower: 12:27pm On May 25, 2022
Thank you for sharing your advice. I quite often have to make presentations and sometimes it takes a very long time to prepare. And in order to have time to make a successful business powerpoint presentation I ask for professional help. And then my presentations are guaranteed to be successful.
Re: How To Give An Effective Business Presentation by JunaPetr: 8:47pm On Mar 27, 2023
Realizing that presentations are important in the business community to convey information in a clear and interesting way, I try to make them as informative as possible and highlight information, focusing the viewer's attention on certain aspects. I always want to present information using interesting templates that I find on the https://masterbundles.com/ resource, which helps me to interest the audience and highlight what the customer needs to attract sponsors. It saves my time and allows my imagination to create interesting things.

(1) (Reply)

President Barack Obama's Africa Initiative Promotes Us-africa Trade. / Union Bank Emerges Top SME Bank / Is It A Scam Or The E-pin Is Invalid Or Something Is Missing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.