Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,319 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

Nairaland Saves Me From Hypertension - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nairaland Saves Me From Hypertension (2310 Views)

Diabetes, Hypertension And Cataract / How To Use Onions To Treat Urinary Tract Infections, Dry Cough, Hypertension / Tomato, Natural Cure For Hypertension! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Saves Me From Hypertension by Orikinla(m): 12:39pm On Aug 29, 2006
Right now coming on Nairaland is saving me from hypertension.

I often don't interact much with people offline, because most of them who claim to be Christians are even worse than pagans if you see what they do.

One of them owed me so much in thousands of Naira and was very reluctant to pay. And to avoid taking the matter to court, I reported to the pastors of our church and when they instructed her to pay me what she owed me, she and her husband left the church and chose to go to another church and never paid their debt. But I have decided not to ask them for my money. Because, I don't like headaches of going to ask for my money and their hide and seek games, apologies, regrets and excuses without end. Since 2000 to date I have survived without that money. Later the woman told me that her husband dumped her and illegally migrated to the US. What a life, what a pity.

I am also having the headaches of bearing with the apologies, excuses and regrets of another Nigerian woman who wants us to be business partners. But her unreliable words are making me doubt her credibility and reading her latest mail this morning nearly made me sick of her.

Then another one commissioned me to write articles for their UK magazine and since March to date, they are yet to pay me.

The last but not the least is a younger woman who has been trying to use different schemes to extort money from me.

Let me not even mention my experiences with fellow Nigerian men, including my own brothers and relations. Because, why I have not shot them is for my fear of God.

Most Nigerians tell lies, cheat, exploit, rob, and do other terrible unprintable things and most of them claim to be "Christians".

I have had both private and official relationships with White people and Black people since 1980 to date. And most of the White people are like God sent angels in contrast to most of the Black people.

For example the Dutch manager of our estate on Bonny Island told his Nigerian assistants to give me time for the performance of Poetry Night in one of the halls in the estate. They agreed. But immediately he went on vacation, they postponed my Poetry Night performance and they keep on giving apologies, excuses and regrets since July 2005 to date. And sincerely I would have shot these enemies of progress if not for my fear of God. Because, anyone who hinders your progress and success is your enemy. I am very angry, because I lost my leading colleague and actor Funso Alabi who played the lead role when I had the performance at the French Cultural Centre in Ikoyi, Lagos.

From the poorest of the poor to the richest of the rich, please beware of most Nigerians. Because, they can give you hypertension. My best advice is Don't Ever Trust Nigerians. Those who claim to be your friends could be your worst enemies indisguise. And most of the so called Christians are hypocrites and ingrates.

Imagine the Nigerian man who was trying to raise money for his flight to the UK and my kind cousin Emeka Enyiocha gave him half of the money and I gave him a very expensive Ankara textile wax print and some jewels to give to someone in the UK and he agreed to do so. But he never did and even when he returned recently, he kept away from me. I felt like shooting him. I knew him through a popular Nollywood actor in Surulere, Lagos.

I am not claiming to be a saint or Mr. Perfect. But I don't know how to hurt people. Because even the sight of someone who is ill can make me ill. The plight of the poor breaks my heart and that is why I give most of my earnings to the needy. Just to make those who are uncomfortable comfotable. But my friends and relations in Nigeria make jest of me calling me Father Christmas and Mr. Charity. But if I don't do the good God has commanded me to do, I would be depressed.

For some weeks now I have been having headaches caused by fellow Nigerians at home and abroad. And if you ignore them, they will say you are arrogant.

Please, we should do our best to be good, honest and transparent always. Because, your apologies, excuses, lies and wickedness can give your victims hypertension.

I come on Nairaland to just read humourous posts and interact with others to amuse myself and forget about these headaches lest I break down.
Re: Nairaland Saves Me From Hypertension by Phenom(m): 12:46pm On Aug 29, 2006
I find it funny About the absconding church members.its kind of funny but i hav always believed that 95% of people who go to church are sinners.
Re: Nairaland Saves Me From Hypertension by queen2(f): 1:09pm On Aug 29, 2006
*Sighs* I feel you orikinla.

wat a bad reputation given to Nigerians by a fellow Nigerian
Re: Nairaland Saves Me From Hypertension by Christino(m): 1:21pm On Aug 29, 2006
pele, poole poole,

Now you know, they say such is life
But man, i tell you, "Church is life"

In the words of an offline, you can extract some useful lines:
As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time. You'll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken. You'll fight with your best friend. You'll blame a new love for things an old one did. You'll cry because time is passing too fast, and you'll eventually lose someone you love. So take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never been hurt because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back

This is what an everyday Nigerian goes through, if not even worse. You are still alive and "without hypertension/stroke" you really need to pour it out here man, enjoy yourself, shit happens (everywhere).
Re: Nairaland Saves Me From Hypertension by mrmetoo(m): 2:26pm On Aug 29, 2006
Wow!!! Thats really horrible the things that have and are happening to you. We don't have any chioce but to pray about people we interact and do business with. On a lighter note i think your topic should be:

Nairaland Saves Me From Shooting People

U mentioned that more than the hypertension
Re: Nairaland Saves Me From Hypertension by Radiant(f): 2:35pm On Aug 29, 2006
Hmmmm!  Though I don't agree with what you said "My best advice is Don't Ever Trust Nigerians. Those who claim to be your friends could be your worst enemies indisguise. And most of the so called Christians are hypocrites I'm sorry about what happened.
I really wonder the kinda people around you. In the first instance, we shouldn't put our trust in any man but GOD.Be him white, black, red or green we humans are not perfect and can't be!we only strive towards perfection.God is the only perfect one. We all know that most Nigerians are desperate for money. We should therefore be careful when dealin with financial matters but that doesn't mean we can't trust them with a transaction or something else. I think it all depends on how you deal with people. Naija people na sharp guys especially my IBO people grin but you should know how to play the game with them and when you 'HAVE' remember to share with them whether they're christians or muslims. In that way, i don't think you'll have many problems with NIGERIANS.
Re: Nairaland Saves Me From Hypertension by saintchux(m): 3:08pm On Aug 29, 2006
queen2:

*Sighs* I feel you orikinla.

what a bad reputation given to Nigerians by a fellow Nigerian
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Nairaland Saves Me From Hypertension by otokx(m): 3:23pm On Aug 29, 2006
experience is the best teacher
Re: Nairaland Saves Me From Hypertension by walel: 3:40pm On Aug 29, 2006
Sorry Orikinla na so life be you just have to chose ur friends wisely and move on !
Re: Nairaland Saves Me From Hypertension by babaibadan(m): 3:44pm On Aug 29, 2006
@Orikinla

Sorry may the lord give u fortitude to bear the Loss. cry

and keep on doing good for some day u are gonna reap your rewards bountifully, do u play lagos lottery?
Re: Nairaland Saves Me From Hypertension by Remmzy(m): 3:53pm On Aug 29, 2006
my prescription for all hypertensive patient, follow ORIKINLA's way of spontaneous relief. I hail you my guy. "No friend No Foul"  grin
Re: Nairaland Saves Me From Hypertension by ify2love2(f): 4:30pm On Aug 29, 2006
sorry brother, na so life be.

Learn to assist people but do it prudently. God will strenghten you.
Re: Nairaland Saves Me From Hypertension by ikamefa(f): 4:37pm On Aug 29, 2006
woah! shocked what a thread! like someone said already experience is the best teacher!, put all that has happened to you down as life experiences

when it comes to money matters dont joke with Nigerians grin, Abeg no go shoot anybody oh!( your jail sentence go long pass monkey own) grin

Keep your head up ! bruv! things can only get better!
Re: Nairaland Saves Me From Hypertension by Radiant(f): 5:22pm On Aug 29, 2006
ikamefa:

( your jail sentence go long pass monkey own) grin
never heard such grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Saves Me From Hypertension by serubawon(m): 6:11pm On Aug 29, 2006
Seems like you put your trust in a lot of people and they take advantage of it. Part of the blame should be on you. As radiant said, "put your trust in God". People disappoint, but God never does. But look at it this way: You're gaining a lot of experience in people/personal relations and this could come in very valueable to you in your future relationships. Learn from them, don't die from them. Wish you the best.
Re: Nairaland Saves Me From Hypertension by ikamefa(f): 6:21pm On Aug 29, 2006
Radiant:

never heard such grin grin grin

its a popular slang/saying in yoruba land grin
Re: Nairaland Saves Me From Hypertension by serubawon(m): 6:26pm On Aug 29, 2006
More like a figure of speech. Must have originated form the bible wink
Re: Nairaland Saves Me From Hypertension by Orikinla(m): 6:42pm On Aug 29, 2006
The fact is I know that I am not the only one bearing these trials.
The lack of honesty and transparency is actually the cause of the underdevelopment of Nigeria.

We need trust to co-exist.

You are praying with a cousin daily before going to bed. But as you go to work the following day, he tries to assault your pretty wife behind your back.

You pray with another brother daily and yet he changes the numbers in a budget to dupe you.

If you cannot trust your own flesh and blood, then how can you have peace of mind?

If you doubt everybody, then who can you live and work with?

One of the reasons why I prefer the retreat of this Island is for the peace of mind.
Then suddenly the tension in the Niger Delta is now spreading to Bonny Island.

Both the poor and the rich don't have peace of mind again in Nigeria.

A writer needs peace of mind to write great books. And what the few people you have welcomed into  your world should do is to do their best not to betray the trust of your love.
Re: Nairaland Saves Me From Hypertension by serubawon(m): 6:56pm On Aug 29, 2006
Well, try not to take it so personally. At least, you know that people can't be trusted. but that doesn't mean that there aren't trustworthy nigerians out there. I'm trustworthy wink
Re: Nairaland Saves Me From Hypertension by ikamefa(f): 7:30pm On Aug 29, 2006
true you have to trust in your every day existence, now experiences has taught you to what extent you can trust[b] anybody![/b].
Re: Nairaland Saves Me From Hypertension by Orikinla(m): 8:04pm On Aug 29, 2006
As I am posting this reply, I am feverish and trying not to lose my temper over money.

As you lend happily, the borrower should refund it happily at the time agreed.

Abi month never end and dem done collect salary.
Shay I go beg for my own money again.
Why I no go vex?
I tire oh!
Re: Nairaland Saves Me From Hypertension by Nobody: 11:35pm On Aug 29, 2006
orikinla take it easy.
Naija is hard,poverty can cause people to do anything.
Please forgive and don't kill anyone.

Next time if anybody comes aborrowing,learn to use the magic word NO!!.
They may not like it but it works and next time they'll find someone else.
I left Naija a while back but a childhood friend I trusted who lives in Lagos whom I love like a brother,my whole family knows him duped me of a lot of money on a supposed business deal the guy is supposedly a Christian and a knight in the Church
It took me years to recover but I have moved on and learnt from that ugly experience.

It's not just Nigerians,even here in the states,there are dupes everywhere named slimy insurance agents, dubious car salesmen and telemarketers which are the lowest of the low,ripping senior citizens and unsuspecting  folks of hard earned money sometimes of the roof over their heads.

Cheers my brother,where there is life,there is hope.
Re: Nairaland Saves Me From Hypertension by otokx(m): 4:46am On Aug 30, 2006
There is a distinction between being "christian", being "religious" and being a "nigerian". Most of the instances cited in this thread are classic "nigerian" cases. It is Nigerians who say let us a pray about a matter when already they have concluded how much they will steal. The other day one babe told me she prayed on sunday as she could not go to church but she they stay inside her "ex-boyfriend" house.
Re: Nairaland Saves Me From Hypertension by Eurphoria(f): 10:20am On Aug 30, 2006
orinkila

would it be safe to say you are just having one of those days? wink you know the one when you hate the world and think back to all the ppl who did you wrong, listen its life just forget it all and move on and learn your lesson. Never mix business with friends and family it is always painful.

Don't generalize so much about theses ppl you have mentioned although i understand where u are comin from, i am sure you are no saint your self, i have seen your conduct sometimes here and i have been shocked when you say you are a christain, i am not attacking you, just want you to be rationale about this, you too have banded urself around nairaland as a christain and done and said things contrary to your declearation. Back to my point when i say no one is a saint.

I am glad you feel you have had some calmness from nairaland, thats the point, you would get thesame with other online forums, where everyone is just doing what you are doing 'escapism' we all in a virtual world to an extent, just dont put all your happiness on this or any other forum cos, when someone upsets you, you will be singing about how Nigerian forums are wicked.

Take it easy my brother, its just life, we are just humans, we can all be bastards to each other, just never put all your eggs in one basket and keep ur cards close to ur chest

I understand your outrage and the reason behind your need to start this thread, [size=14pt]you are just having one of those days[/size] smiley let it out and move on take care

P.s
there is no need to get into a religious debate here guys, our friend is just having a bad day wink
Re: Nairaland Saves Me From Hypertension by charla(f): 11:52am On Aug 30, 2006
U r soooooo rite.infact i cudnt agree wiv u more. A lot of Nigerians r very dubious and ma family and i hve bin very unlucky cos we always seem to help pple who turn out to b d most greedy,selfish ingrates ever.Recently ma mum convinced ma dad to help out some young couple that they knew.So ma dad reluctantly helped out by lending dem almost half a million naira 4 d wife to travel abroad.The Agreement was when she got here she wud begin to pay back d money as soon as she was settled and has a job.u wudnt blive dat d same month she arrived,she started behaving strangely to us over here,being hostile(basically,she had an attitude).to cut d long story short sha,shes left without paying bak ma dad's money and also other debts she incured while staying wiv us.we have xtra bills to pay now.kai,naija pple na wah oh!
Re: Nairaland Saves Me From Hypertension by Raymand(m): 6:23pm On Aug 30, 2006
Intresting read, but i guess ironically, the creator of Nairaland is a Nigerian tongue
Re: Nairaland Saves Me From Hypertension by Nobody: 12:19am On Aug 31, 2006
bia this is not for commercials,Seun please ban this person selling things.
Re: Nairaland Saves Me From Hypertension by Eurphoria(f): 5:29pm On Aug 31, 2006
@Babayosisi
who is selling what? did i miss something somewhere? don't think he is trying to sell anything undecided
Re: Nairaland Saves Me From Hypertension by queen2(f): 5:49pm On Aug 31, 2006
lol, dont get it either
Re: Nairaland Saves Me From Hypertension by Radiant(f): 5:54pm On Aug 31, 2006
OK OK OK! Orinkila, I think you're getting too sentimental here.It's getting a bit too much  undecided  Dem shit has happened and there's really nothing you can do about it. (I don't want to believe it's KARMA happening to you  lipsrsealed )Buckle up and move on and just be CAREFUL in your dealings with people. All the best!
Re: Nairaland Saves Me From Hypertension by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 31, 2006
@euphoria and queen2,my posting was after a guy who came on and plasted a website selling and advertising stuff.
I guess Seun must have taken it off.
Re: Nairaland Saves Me From Hypertension by queen2(f): 12:56am On Sep 01, 2006
oh ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Healthcare System: / I Need Stimulants And Antidepressants / Severely Disabled 8month-old Girl Born Blind And Without A Skull (photos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.