Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,930 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

NYSC Member Commits Suicide Over Girlfriend - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NYSC Member Commits Suicide Over Girlfriend (1116 Views)

NURTW Member Stabs Vice Chairman Over Girlfriend (graphic Pic) / Nigerian Student Stabbed To Death By Countrymen Over Girlfriend In Cyprus(pic) / Student Killed Over ‘girlfriend With 6 Boyfriends’ - (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Member Commits Suicide Over Girlfriend by Omooba77: 10:11pm On Feb 26, 2015
By Emmanuel UnaThe body of a 26-year-old National Youth Service Corp, NYSC, member, identified as Ernest, was, Wednesday, recovered from his one room apartment after he reportedly took a poisonous substance.Reports indicated that the young man, who was in love with a fellow NYSC member, Chioma Okewuru, went berserk when the girl came back from her village over the weekend with a ring from a man she had promised to marry.Ernest, who is from Edo State and a graduate of the University of Benin, was posted to Cross River State in October, where he met and fell in love with Chioma, and both were serving in Redemption Secondary School, Ofombogha 1 in Obubra Local Government Area of Cross Rivers State.Mr. Noah Ntuen, Acting Divisional Police Officer for Obubra told Vanguard on phone: “The girl had told the guy that she would not marry him, but that they could be friends. So when she came back from home last weekend and showed him the ring her husband-to-be gave her, the young man became furious.“On Wednesday, the situation became worse and at about 7pm, he locked himself in the room and took some poisonous substances.”A source in the school told Vanguard: “They met at the NYSC Orientation Camp at Abrekpe-Ebokpo and as luck would have it, they were both posted to the same school where they had a relationship going.“He had the hope the whole thing would end in marriage, but Chioma already had another person she wants to marry.”Ntuen said the body had been deposited in the mortuary of Obubra General Hospital, while Chioma is with the police, where investigations on the circumstances surrounding the tragic death are in progress. Share    Print       Email- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/nysc-member-commits-suicide-over-girlfriend/#sthash.LhXltYOK.dpuf
Re: NYSC Member Commits Suicide Over Girlfriend by buygala(m): 10:12pm On Feb 26, 2015
Soldier go, Soldier come, Barrack remain embarassed

Rest in peace, Gallant Soldier undecided

God sabi say I no fit carry dis kain useless death swear for even my enemy angry ..... I am really sure the witches from his village must have been following him on Twitter.... Na so dem come retweet him destiny cry
Re: NYSC Member Commits Suicide Over Girlfriend by Omooba77: 10:14pm On Feb 26, 2015
This is madness of the first order...Wasted his parents investment
Re: NYSC Member Commits Suicide Over Girlfriend by Elslim: 10:17pm On Feb 26, 2015
Die because of woman?? Na Jazz?? Na wa oo
Re: NYSC Member Commits Suicide Over Girlfriend by DickDastardly(m): 10:19pm On Feb 26, 2015
His corpse should be flogged 36 lashes sad angry

Thats his "thank you" to his parents for all their suffer to see him through school sad angry
Re: NYSC Member Commits Suicide Over Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:20pm On Feb 26, 2015
Omooba77:
This is madness of the first order...Wasted his parents investment
Abi ooo.
The guy is a fool,eni to ba tori obinrin ku,egbegberun obinrin akoja ni bi to ba ku si,won a fi se yeye won a tun yin mu.
But i see no reason Chioma should be arrested,cos she made it clear she wouldn't marry him,and of course she didn't poison him.
Re: NYSC Member Commits Suicide Over Girlfriend by Omooba77: 10:20pm On Feb 26, 2015
Chioma will be seating somewhere,possibly on nairaland reading about this....
Re: NYSC Member Commits Suicide Over Girlfriend by Richiy(f): 10:36pm On Feb 26, 2015
That girl will laugh at first, feel sad for a while, come for the burial, cry, eat burial rice and MARRY that man.

After 20 years, he will only be the figment of a memory.

This is pathetic
Re: NYSC Member Commits Suicide Over Girlfriend by Omooba77: 10:39pm On Feb 26, 2015
prettydiva89:

Abi ooo.
The guy is a fool,eni to ba tori obinrin ku,egbegberun obinrin akoja ni bi to ba ku si,won a fi se yeye won a tun yin mu.
But i see no reason Chioma should be arrested,cos she made it clear she wouldn't marry him,and of course she didn't poison him.

Na police be that,them fit say na the girl poison am..
Re: NYSC Member Commits Suicide Over Girlfriend by Omooba77: 10:40pm On Feb 26, 2015
Richiy:
That girl will laugh at first, feel sad for a while, come for the burial, cry, eat burial rice and MARRY that man.

This is pathetic

Na so my sister....
Re: NYSC Member Commits Suicide Over Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:42pm On Feb 26, 2015
Omooba77:

Na police be that,them fit say na the girl poison am..
lol that's right
Re: NYSC Member Commits Suicide Over Girlfriend by Omooba77: 10:43pm On Feb 26, 2015
buygala:
Soldier go, Soldier come, Barrack remain embarassed

Rest in peace, Gallant Soldier undecided

God sabi say I no fit carry dis kain useless death swear for even my enemy angry ..... I am really sure the witches from his village must have been following him on Twitter.... Na so dem come retweet him destiny cry
This no be twiter oh...I felt sorry for the guy..
Re: NYSC Member Commits Suicide Over Girlfriend by infobiz9ja(m): 11:04pm On Feb 26, 2015
Richiy:

This is pathetic

Hahaha here's my thought ... There are 5 stages of Grief according to Kübler-Ross which are Denial & Isolation, Anger, Bargaining, Depression & Acceptance but in this case the girl would go from 0-100 real quick & forget d dude ever existed.
Re: NYSC Member Commits Suicide Over Girlfriend by Richiy(f): 11:37pm On Feb 26, 2015
infobiz9ja:

Hahaha here's my thought ... There are 5 stages of Grief according to Kübler-Ross which are Denial & Isolation, Anger, Bargaining, Depression & Acceptance but in this case the girl would go from 0-100 real quick & forget d dude ever existed.

When she z doing it, she wouldn't even remember sef
Re: NYSC Member Commits Suicide Over Girlfriend by infobiz9ja(m): 7:58am On Feb 27, 2015
Richiy:

When she z doing it, she wouldn't even remember sef

Lol @ Doing IT grin
Re: NYSC Member Commits Suicide Over Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:24am On Feb 27, 2015
haa eyah
Re: NYSC Member Commits Suicide Over Girlfriend by Lero15(m): 10:17am On Feb 28, 2015
Fall in love with your brain. If it is not mutual, there are plenty birds in the sky. 26 years old? He should know better.

(1) (Reply)

Graphic Photo: Woman Beheads Her 2 Yr Old Son For Biting Her Tip / Headteacher Stabs Teacher In The Head In Lagos (graphic Photo) / Photos: Alleged Thief Stripped Unclad & Beaten Up Mercilessly In Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.