Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,030 members, 7,953,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:37 AM

How To Overcome Depression (tips That Work) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Overcome Depression (tips That Work) (854 Views)

6 Tips That Will Make Your Pimples Clear Very Fast (photos) / 7 Powerful Ways To Overcome Depression / How Do I Overcome Depression And Sadness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Overcome Depression (tips That Work) by Buildingthelife(m): 1:23pm On Feb 27, 2015
Depression is a state of feeling despondent; depression in the medical sense is just like cancer which is a medical condition where one is in a continuous state of severe sadness. For me I like to see depression far from the medical perspective (after all I did not study medical science neither am I intending to J ) now read my definition, depression is another one of life drawbacks which is a condition of the mind when it has been drowned with thoughts of the situation surrounding it ,mostly tragic. A depressed person is always sad, discouraged and without hope owing to the fact that his/her vision has been devoid of success, comfort and happiness.

NOTE: The word vision is used there in place of life because it is impossible for one’s life to be rid of success, comfort and happiness. Only your vision can be devoid of that.

Alright now back to the matter, the road to depression recovery is far from easy, as it is also very far from impossible. While seeking professional help from either a counseling/clinical psychologist or a psychiatrist is important, you should also know that the only person who can truly overcome this condition is yourself. So why seeking medical help is important, self help is thrice as important. With experience and great research, I give you my self-help tips that would eliminate depression overtime.

#1 – Keep An Eye On Your Fitness

Your fitness is one area of your life you should keep your focus on when dealing with depression. I stumbled on this expression during my research and would like to share with you. “Use it or lose it’, well its true isn’t it? If your body is dormant for a long period of time, it is bound to get weak and as it does so does the mind. Exercise your body once in a while, indulge yourselves in activities such as running, jogging, swimming, or just having a walk around your vicinity. Exercises boost your mood and have been proven as dependable and helpful as medications.

#2 – Avoid Situations That Lead To Stress

Stress is a paramount depression trigger. To be stressed under depression is equivalent to carrying a very heavy stone on your head while walking under the sun, of course it’s uncomfortable. To overcome depression you have to stay clear every demanding situation. Have a time plan, and schedule your activities in other of needs, if any of the activities should prove demanding, break it into little segments. Stress would weigh you down and prolong the issue. Stay clear of it.

#3 ...

Stay tuned to this topic, as I would post the rest of the tips daily.. OR just read full post here @
http://buildingthelife.com/my-self-help-tips-how-to-deal-with-and-overcome-depression/
Re: How To Overcome Depression (tips That Work) by Buildingthelife(m): 2:11pm On Feb 28, 2015
As promised the continuation of this tutorial

#3 – Don’t Stay Indoors

Expose yourself to the fresh air and sunlight outside your house. While the fresh air can be helpful in cooling your body and keeping it relaxed, sunlight can also have a positive effect on your mood. Rather than sitting or lying indoors and wallowing in your thoughts, you could get a chair and sit outside in the confines of a tree for shade and embrace Mother Nature as she calms your nerves and lifts your burdens with her gentle touch.

#4 – Learn To Relax And Keep Yourself At Ease

I talked about the demerits of keeping your body dormant at the beginning of this post and now I am talking about learning to relax? Could I be more biased? Well hell no, you are terribly misunderstanding, while working is important, relaxing is also. When either of both is now done in excess or for a long span, then it becomes a foe to the recovery process. It is important that when dealing with depression you practice relaxation techniques. Meditate, try yoga or aim for a nap every day.

#5 ....

Keep following this post to get complete guid what you need to eliminate depression or you could read full post now at:
http://buildingthelife.com/my-self-help-tips-how-to-deal-with-and-overcome-depression/
Re: How To Overcome Depression (tips That Work) by sundaymike59: 9:44am On Mar 01, 2015
Get The Most Effective Herbal Drugs That Cures Weak Erection. RANDY is very effective drug in stopping premature ejaculation,giving you a hard erection that last on and on is now in town. it is made of the highest quality of herbal ingredient,carefully­ tested and homogenized by a team of dedicated scientist. Test it and become one more of its testimony. the good news is that it has no side effect.....call +2347039656182.....h­ome delivery nation wide.
Re: How To Overcome Depression (tips That Work) by Buildingthelife(m): 12:37pm On Mar 01, 2015
The last part of this proven self help.

#5 – Stay Away From Idleness

Spend Time with Friends Or Close Relatives

Relatives whom you love, friends whom you laugh and mess around with can change the mood you are in. As you know by now, laughter is the best medicine (can’t cure aids though); having a good time with friends and family would make you forget your circumstances little by little. Instead of staying idle wallowing in your thoughts, get up and hang. Whatever situation you find yourself, being with friends or close relatives is sure going to get you out of it.

Read And Write Something

Books can be very close friends too, try to cultivate the habit of reading and writing at least for few minutes every day. Get a book or your journal preferably; write whatever you want even if it makes little or no sense. Reading and writing helps you gain control over your mood and give you knowledge on why you feel the way you do.

#6 – Eat Healthy Foods

Increase your intake of foods that provide the body with energy, and foods rich in omega-3 fats such as mackerel, sardines and salmons. Foods like vegetables, fish and fruits can also improve your mood (yes, I said so). Talking about ingestion, it is of great importance that you desist from alcohol and cigarette as they are chronic depressants.

#7 – Seek Professional Help, If The Situation Is Beyond Control

Know when to seek additional help. If the situation worsens find a licensed therapist that will check you thoroughly and render professional advice.

I believe this tips should do the trick. Please note that this help tips are not as easy as this 915 word article portrays, it takes time, but with consistency you will overcome it.
To get More articles about Life and how to live victorious and succesful visit
http://www.buildingthelife.com
Re: How To Overcome Depression (tips That Work) by Buildingthelife(m): 8:00am On Jul 11, 2015
Cigarretes are depressants, do not smoke when you are not happy..

When depressed, listen to musicc, watch a movie or read a book. This should help

(1) (Reply)

Onions: Health Benefits, Health Risks & Nutrition Facts / 10 Benefits Of Sleeping Naked / Best Dental Surgery In Nigeria-- PRIMUS HOSPITAL +234 81-277-777

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.