Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. (41095 Views)

Horse Rider In Accident In Niger State / Scenes From The Dangote Truck Accident In Asaba (graphic Photos) / Wow! See What These Guys Did In Abuja Today (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by OLISASDEJI(m): 10:45pm On Feb 27, 2015
cardoctor:
I'm getting tired of witnessing the same scenario on this same stretch of road in Abuja. Just last week i posted an accident report involving a Toyota Camry sedan and a goods truck. Several other similar accidents have been reported on this particular stretch of the Murtala Mohd express way and today a similar accident occurred in exactly the same manner, around the same time and about 200 meters from the one I witnessed last week.

Same reasons also, with the vehicles over speeding and somehow ending up mangled underneath the rear of a truck. In this case, there were no fatalities but the front seat passenger and driver suffered severe injuries and were in a coma as at the time they were taken to the hospital. Two infants and a woman in the rear seat escaped unscathed.

Is it really over speeding that causes this accidents or drivers enjoying the comfort of the smooth stretch of this road and dozing off behind the wheels or some mysterious force that we are yet identify?

Federal Road Safety please do something before more lives are lost here.

This is katampe area. Nawa ooo. god go dey save us oooo
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by harry509: 10:47pm On Feb 27, 2015
cardoctor:
I'm getting tired of witnessing the same scenario on this same stretch of road in Abuja. Just last week i posted an accident report involving a Toyota Camry sedan and a goods truck. Several other similar accidents have been reported on this particular stretch of the Murtala Mohd express way and today a similar accident occurred in exactly the same manner, around the same time and about 200 meters from the one I witnessed last week.

Same reasons also, with the vehicles over speeding and somehow ending up mangled underneath the rear of a truck. In this case, there were no fatalities but the front seat passenger and driver suffered severe injuries and were in a coma as at the time they were taken to the hospital. Two infants and a woman in the rear seat escaped unscathed.

Is it really over speeding that causes this accidents or drivers enjoying the comfort of the smooth stretch of this road and dozing off behind the wheels or some mysterious force that we are yet identify?

drver's shud becareful wen drivin, or Rr they doin NEED4SPEED car race? undecided undecided
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by chillingbabe: 10:49pm On Feb 27, 2015
He dozed off..#NoDoubts undecided that's what happens when u do SleepingMuranya embarassed
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by mandax: 10:58pm On Feb 27, 2015
Nigeria's Federal Road Safety Commission not working. In other countries, there is a bar built behind a lorry; the bar makes it impossible for small car to go under trailer as this one did. If Road Safety Commission is working, it must make it a must for every lorry to have the bar behind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by adepiero: 11:03pm On Feb 27, 2015
This reminds me of Dagrin
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by ATMCARD2(m): 11:05pm On Feb 27, 2015
cardoctor:

I witnessed dis accident close to oando filling station.....d driver was on cal n as well speeding,only for him to overtake a Prado bfr him n rammed into the trailer dat just broke down not upto 4mins.Two person(s) while one survived.R.I.P
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by lastpage: 11:10pm On Feb 27, 2015
cardoctor:

It will not be a bad idea if Speed Ramps (Bumps) are effected at certain intervals on that road, just to slow the drivers down a bit.
I also noticed that l did not see any "Air Bags" deployed in the Small vehicle with blood, on the front seat?
I hope we all realize the importance of Air bags and how it could have made a difference in this accident?

Please, let drivers also be aware of driver fatigue..rest for just 30mins at a safe place, when you feel tired or sleepy

Lastpage!
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by Missonas(f): 11:18pm On Feb 27, 2015
Overspeeding is a major problem with motorists in Abj.I always wonder where they are rushing to.Another spot is the expressway in frm area 1 to berger.Gosh! That road is a death trap.Motorists are always on highspeed ple hardly use d bridge and they always get knocked down, most of them don't make it.there are no bumps cos they said its an expressway.
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by yemicoal(m): 11:26pm On Feb 27, 2015
Y always you @op angry angry, hope say you no be you dey suck blood for that road
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by Decryptor(m): 11:37pm On Feb 27, 2015
Same manner of accident and the same road as of last week... e be like say those trucks don become nanny-goat while the cars have become he-goat wey dey like schuck im nose under the female goat nyash. undecided

But wait o, OP, wetin you dey always do for those roads wey you dey always dey present wen these accidents happen? Are u sure....make I no talk sha
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by godsboy4eva: 12:02am On Feb 28, 2015
Abuja roads can be very tempting but one must always drive with caution. Life has no duplicate!
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by trendyrammy(f): 12:57am On Feb 28, 2015
This is so sad. Abuja drivers are used to moving with very high speed
www.trendyrammy.com
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by IDEH42(f): 1:34am On Feb 28, 2015
Happy no life was lost
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by Truckpusher(m): 2:45am On Feb 28, 2015
guente02:
If the road is bad accidents occur and when road is fixed it doesn't stop.
FRSC not doing her work at all.
You're right but even in countries where they are doing their jobs you'll still find drivers that are bent on killing themselves and endangering citizens health and safety .If they wind up dead will you still blame the FRSC?

1 Like

Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by Keegan: 2:46am On Feb 28, 2015
cardoctor:

Something is definitely wrong with that area of the road that deserves urgent and thorough investigation by the FRSC. Then appropriate sign posts can be erected to guide and caution road users of impending danger within the area. Also, obstructing stationary vehicles should not be allowed to park by the side of that area of the road, for it seems the victims did not expected such to be there by repeatedly ramming into them.
To all, always drive with care. Safety first.
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by Truckpusher(m): 2:50am On Feb 28, 2015
Decryptor:
Same manner of accident and the same road as of last week... e be like say those trucks don become nanny-goat while the cars have become he-goat wey dey like schuck im nose under the female goat nyash. undecided

But wait o, OP, wetin you dey always do for those roads wey you dey always dey present wen these accidents happen? Are u sure....make I no talk sha
Funny but you've raised a valid point about the op always being around when these accidents do occur.

Op has a case to answer.
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by Truckpusher(m): 2:52am On Feb 28, 2015
phabulous88:

Aunty nobody died undecided
Aunty No dey read. grin
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by gbenga007(m): 3:08am On Feb 28, 2015
guente02:
If the road is bad accidents occur and when road is fixed it doesn't stop.
FRSC not doing her work at all.

What are you saying please? I guess you don't know Abuja roads.

1 Like

Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by gogodaye(m): 4:52am On Feb 28, 2015
Scenes like this shall continue to adorn our roads, offend our sights and wreck havoc on families.......since Nigerians show an aversion for love for others and themselves......
Fail to heed warning signs, think our motor ways are race tracks and simply underestimate the dangers lying beneath the hood of the wheels of the cars behind whose steering wheels they sit.....
I blame not the road safety corp officers......they cannot be every where at the same time.....staying alive in the road ways involve a conscientious effort on the part of every road user worthy of the description....
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by bjcuntis(m): 5:05am On Feb 28, 2015
its only in this country we take the use of seat belts lightly. thousands of lives would habeneem saved of only they haf used their belts. let him dat have eyes see that the use of seat belts cn save u an untimely journey to heaven or......u already know.

1 Like

Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by simplemach(m): 5:39am On Feb 28, 2015
haulagehandlers:
. She (car) want give the guy (truck) blow.job LOL
haha, funny u.
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by tit(f): 6:07am On Feb 28, 2015
mandax:
Nigeria's Federal Road Safety Commission not working. In other countries, there is a bar built behind a lorry; the bar makes it impossible for small car to go under trailer as this one did. If Road Safety Commission is working, it must make it a must for every lorry to have the bar behind.
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by bettsielaugh: 6:08am On Feb 28, 2015
wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by jackpot(f): 12:17pm On Feb 28, 2015
The way all these small japanese cars dey kiss Trailer's arsse for Abj sef lipsrsealed
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by Nuezha(m): 3:36pm On Feb 28, 2015
Brandnew2:

I'm pressed with time with loads of other stuff to check in on sorry.
OP could have spared the epistle. He already got the images of the scene and a picture speaks more than a thousand words.

Ok.
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by nduchucks: 9:58pm On Feb 28, 2015
mandax:

hmmm, wouldn't that bar chop off the heads of the driver and passenger in the front seat, with 100% certainty, when a collision occurs?
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by simplemach(m): 2:06pm On Mar 01, 2015
haulagehandlers:
. She (car) want give the guy (truck) blow.job LOL
mouthed bros...!
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by Baroba(m): 2:06am On Mar 28, 2015
loomer:

SPEED BUMPS FOR HIGHWAYS?

Well maybe not, but am for anything that will slow down these speeding demons who bring misery and pain to families and loved ones..
Re: Yet Another Accident In Abuja Today. by loomer: 8:34am On Mar 28, 2015
Baroba:

Well maybe not, but am for anything that will slow down these speeding demons who bring misery and pain to families and loved ones..

Most of our vehicles are not road worthy, nd our drivers too are drunkards.

We just need stricter laws and implementations

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Troops Kill Sheik Zakzaky’s Son, Others In Zaria / Sodom And Gomorrah - Where Old Prostitutes Live / Woman Beats An Official Of War Against Indiscipline (WAI) In Benin (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.