Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

F-1 Student Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / F-1 Student Visa (667 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

F-1 Student Visa by olaopts: 10:40pm On Feb 27, 2015
Please NLs, I need your help.

I am currently studying Diploma in Information Technology in an Asia country but will be finishing in few weeks. I have recently applied for a Computer Science degree in an American University and have been sent an I-20 to apply for a visa.

Here are my problems:-

1. I have applied for a student visa at the US Embassy in Lagos in 2006 (took fingerprint) but was denied because the officer had an issue with some of the documents I presented at the time. He never told me why he denied my application but the denial letter shows that I was denied under section 214 (b).

2. Also, the date of birth on the passport I used to apply at the time is different. On the old passport, the date of birth shows 05/10/1985 while my new passport shows 05/10/1987. Only the year is different. Can this be an issue at the US Embassy?

I have once contacted the Homeland security regarding this and was told to explain to the visa officer when I plan to apply next time.

3. A 28yrs old Nigerian applying to study for BSc in Computer Science, doesn’t it ring a wrong bell?

4. If I want to apply, I can only use my own company account which currently has 6M Naira. I am not running my personal account, so it has below 50k in it. What should I do? Should I withdraw the whole amount and deposit it into my personal account?

5. Moreover, how much do you think I must have in my account to satisfy my financial stability? When applying for the course, the school requested that I send them a statement covering nothing less than $35,000 USD. That fund covers the tuition and housing of 1 year. I’m guessing I have to study there for 2yrs and 6 months.

I am in dilemma and need answers to these questions. Your response will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.
Re: F-1 Student Visa by justwise(m): 10:48pm On Feb 27, 2015
Re: F-1 Student Visa by olaopts: 6:08am On Feb 28, 2015

(1) (Reply)

3 More Nigerians To Be Executed! / Top Five Tourist Destination In Cross Riveer / Hatman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.