Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,733 members, 7,824,066 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Aids Doesn't Kill! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Aids Doesn't Kill! (1906 Views)

Igbo Professor Produced Antivirt, Anti Viral Drug Cure Aids In Just 2 Months / Sleeping With AIDS Infected Girlfriend / HIV/AIDS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aids Doesn't Kill! by Free(f): 7:21pm On Aug 29, 2006
Okay
you guys can correct me if am wrong here grin

Aid doesnt kill, pneuomonia actually does
aids victims die not from Aids itself but from pneumonia , *question*
so why is there so much money spent doing research in finding the cure for Aids
when people dont actually die from it, hmmmm , "God knows they will never find A cure"

why dont they find a cure for pneumonia instead if they actually want to save peoples lives,
Re: Aids Doesn't Kill! by clocky(m): 8:08pm On Aug 29, 2006
dudette
Re: Aids Doesn't Kill! by onyango: 10:56am On Sep 06, 2006
the information you have said is true but the effect of the virus is more advance than anything.please take care of yourselves
Re: Aids Doesn't Kill! by Seun(m): 1:48pm On Sep 06, 2006
This is a bad thread. AIDS patients in Nigeria usually die from Tuberculosis which can be treated with antibiotics. What HIV does is that it weakens the immune system so almost any disease can kill you. Isn't the Flu itself caused by a virus? Please, let's not post anything that will make people stupidly throw causion to the wind.
Re: Aids Doesn't Kill! by Oracle(m): 5:30am On Sep 12, 2006
Whether it is pneumonia or tuberclosis, AIDS is a very bad thing that happened to humanity which i believe no one will like to have.
if you have AIDS you die.
whatever you die from, i don't know but death will be at the door knocking
Re: Aids Doesn't Kill! by gigitte(f): 6:06am On Sep 12, 2006
AIDS is not a disease
it is a condition viz ACCQUIRED IMMUNO-DEFICIENCY SYNDROME
notice nothing like disease is mentioned. this condition is caused by the virus HIV which leads to a gradual break down of the immune system. when the immune system is completely broken down, opportunistic infections such as tuberculosis, pneumonia, kaposis sarcoma attack the person and he cant fight it. so he looses weight adn so forth adn then has full blown AIDS

im sure when ppl they are looking for a cure, they are looking for somthing that will kill the virus and boost the persons immunity back to where it was. or they can create drugs that will make the immune system unshakeable

HOWEVER
please play safe oh. AIDS is real
Re: Aids Doesn't Kill! by Oracle(m): 9:08am On Sep 12, 2006
Thatz right Gigitte
Are you a medical student?
Re: Aids Doesn't Kill! by Free(f): 3:39pm On Sep 12, 2006
This is a bad thread.

how??
shew aint nobdy gotta listen to what i say

anywho i got everybodies point but,
ya'll got me wrong am just saying that
Aids itself has never kill anybody, duh!!!!
and am not preaching that Aids dont kill , so people can go ahead and spread it
ya dig

this was just a topic we discussed in my medical ethic class undecided
Re: Aids Doesn't Kill! by gigitte(f): 4:51pm On Sep 12, 2006
no oracle, im not a medical student but i think free is kiss
Re: Aids Doesn't Kill! by parosky(m): 1:04pm On Sep 15, 2006
You got into trap on a railway for an on coming train to ?run into you (or grind you). What caused your death? For stupid people, it's the train. They could have jumped into a well anyway.
Pneumonia has a definite cure and would not ordinarily kill. Tuberculosis was on it's way to extinction until the advent of HIV. There are drugs that takes good care of ordinary Tb effectively.
When it concerns HIV, let's get serious and pass real, plain, "unsarcastic" message. Internet is the only place some people consult for information.
Re: Aids Doesn't Kill! by gigitte(f): 5:56pm On Sep 15, 2006
and your point is?
Re: Aids Doesn't Kill! by dolliepie(f): 9:29pm On Sep 15, 2006
no it doesnt,wonder why theres been so much noise bout d "terminal desease".im sure with anti retroviral drugs one can live as long as any normal person.
Re: Aids Doesn't Kill! by alexmakaay(m): 2:40pm On Oct 02, 2006
@free.
plz stop encouraging people to go on with illicite sex,whether it kills or not,u need not post such encouraging thread and partially provocative as far as i'm concerned.
@all,
maybe this girl has gotten the cankerworm called aids and now wants to rotten away with innocent souls by encouraging it.
below is a pix of a victim of this deadly disease.
you might as well end up like this.

<<disgusting picture removed. posted banned for one hour>>
Re: Aids Doesn't Kill! by Free(f): 1:17pm On Oct 03, 2006
@alex
what did i say that was so encouraging??

did i say U can go and have unprotected sex
becuz U wnt get Aids?

i dnt think anyone here is that stupid
Re: Aids Doesn't Kill! by alexmakaay(m): 2:00pm On Oct 03, 2006
@free et all
very sorry cry ,but still ur comments is quite absurd.
Re: Aids Doesn't Kill! by dolliepie(f): 5:59pm On Oct 03, 2006
and where on earth did u come across dat scary pics @alex
Re: Aids Doesn't Kill! by Radiant(f): 7:44pm On Oct 08, 2006
Boy ohh Boy!!!
@ Free, I'm short of words at this point u know? I decide to keep my kool with you, if you know what I mean.

As long as a person has AIDS, you are prone to any form of illness. The fact that the Immune system is suppressed, leaves a patient's body powerless to naturally fight against any disease. The result is very numerous. From TB, To Pneumo, to Organ failure[b].(These are complications)[/b]
Since there's no cure for HIV virus, a patient must die from one complication or the other.

God Save us!

(1) (Reply)

Big Upper Arm (christian Mother Arm) What Do You Advise Me To Do? / Stinks / 7 Things I Hate In The Nursing Profession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.