Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

The Danger That Come With Naira Devaluation - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Danger That Come With Naira Devaluation (31159 Views)

Foreign Payments With Naira ATM Cards Suspended By Zenith Bank / Egyptian Devaluation Backfires -- Nigeria, Be Thankful!!! / What Is Devaluation Of Naira? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Danger That Come With Naira Devaluation by Hman12(m): 8:57am On Mar 01, 2015
Following are Jonathan’s true
achievements so far: President
Jonathan met the National Debt at
$26bn, today it is $70bn..
Jonathan met Excess Crude account
at $20bn today is $2bn.
Jonathan met unemployment rate at
11.8%, today it is 24%. Jonathan met
debt servicing at 10%, today debt
servicing today is 20%.
Jonathan met the Naira/Dollar rate at
N119. The Naira/Dollar rate today is
N225– N230.
Jonathan met the poverty level 54%,
today poverty level is about 71%.
Jonathan met recurrent expenditure
at 62%, today recurrent expenditure
is 86%. Jonathan met the GDP
Growth at 11%, today GDP Growth is
about 6%.
Jonathan met petrol price N65, today
petrol price is N87 following its recent
reduction from N97.
Today the stock market that was
thriving before Jonathan came is
down by N3.4trillion in 12 months and the boko boys that started with small group now international acclaimed, killing thousand Nigerian.
The prognosis for four more years
under the same management looks
dire. The choice is yours..
Good morningsmiley

1 Like

Re: The Danger That Come With Naira Devaluation by Nobody: 9:03am On Mar 01, 2015
kumbalo2014:

You made it political when you mentioned political parties and made it eediotic when you started with insult. Anyway,Your point is noted. BTW it's "either" not "neither"
i dont seem to see any point arguing with u

thanks for the correction anyway will always take notice
Re: The Danger That Come With Naira Devaluation by Revolva(m): 10:41am On Mar 01, 2015
iambest:
Join the great illuminati and experience tremendous growth in all aspect of your life, remember a decision can change your life forever. call_08140013736
dis dude i feel liek blasting ur brain
Re: The Danger That Come With Naira Devaluation by benuejosh: 11:13am On Mar 01, 2015
Ymodulus:
I believe the devaluation of the naira will lead to a chain of reactions, many of which may not have the intended results. For a largely monolithic-economy, like ours (Nigeria), the expectation that a devalued naira will drive export of local products, which do not exist in the required volume for now, will create additional burden on the populace. When you juxtapose the consequence of an inflation induced policy on an economy, nay the people who do not possess a corresponding purchasing power, by reason of unemployment, the consequences are better imagined than experienced.

No doubt there is the expectation that the government’s revenue, in terms of naira will move up, because of the wide exchange rate disparity between the dollar and the local currency. However, the point must be made that this expectation may be unrealisable of two variables- the falling oil prices and lower crude production aggregate.

You might say Ymodulus Is there any escape-route?

Certainly, but the question remains if Nigerians have been sufficiently sensitized to brace for this situation. In the developed nation’s when currencies are devalued, it is to encourage exports, because the prices of local products serve as an incentive and a toast for foreign buyers. In the process, they earn foreign exchange, increase production and create additional jobs. Unfortunately, that is not the position with Nigeria. Another issue would be that Nigeria will have greater difficulty in paying its external debts, which are on a growing trajectory. Earning less foreign exchange in the face of growing external debts, is an ill-wind that blows no one good.

I had said earlier on, once on this forum where i cant recall that the sack of Sanusi a Veteran Banker and the Imposition of Zenith Bank Ex MD. Emiefele Godwin is a big mistake. I have never liked Zenith bank cause of their wrong banking policy and ideology and i knew that a man such as godwin coming to the apex seat of the banking sector will pose a problem, but some nairalanders here called me an APC fanatic, i hope they can now learn as its happening. Lastly I see the naira being devalued to official rate of N220 by May 1st, as long as the CBN substitution of the naira allocations for dollar is not STOPED.

Mark my words the naira would be at a rate of N220 officially by May 1st.

I am Ymodulus
did you study economics from benue state university?
Re: The Danger That Come With Naira Devaluation by pareto(m): 12:34pm On Mar 01, 2015
I totally disagree that the commercial banks should be held responsible for naira devaluation. The FG, the economic team, and the CBN are responsible for this mess we find ourselves in.
Re: The Danger That Come With Naira Devaluation by 100Cents: 12:35pm On Mar 01, 2015
Stop the substitution of the country's dollar revenues with printed naira. Naira should be able to firm up at least when oil sells above $100 per barrel.

Soludo at the tail end of his tenure made a proposal on this..Dollar should be shared to the states. The states should be left to go and source their naira.

This will strengthen trade and stimulate the money market. CBN and commercial banks are chopping alone..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Danger That Come With Naira Devaluation by ndubueze92(m): 3:20pm On Mar 01, 2015
AmakaDNB:

'I will lead from the front' - Buhari made this statement at the Chatam House. It means a whole lot.
Dictatorial inclusive...
Re: The Danger That Come With Naira Devaluation by AmakaDNB(f): 3:25pm On Mar 01, 2015
ndubueze92:
Dictatorial inclusive...
Why not we wait and see? BTW, I rather a man with direction dictate to me than a clueless one allow me plunge blindly into my death.

1 Like

Re: The Danger That Come With Naira Devaluation by abdul4new(m): 9:03pm On Mar 01, 2015
tempem:

Lol.. You are swift on reasoning.... But between, make Hbp no take us for naija news...
I tell you my brother may God help us

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Scam Alert: Gtbank Account Holders. Please Read / Which Bank Offers The Best Saving Option In Nigeria? / Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.