Stats: 3,193,912 members, 7,952,675 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:53 PM

Government Projects - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Government Projects (665 Views)

Why Software/web/mobile Application Projects Fail In Nigeria / List Of Failed Software Projects - What Went Wrong? / Cool Python Projects (2) (3) (4)

Government Projects by Pffft: 2:31pm On Feb 28, 2015
A few months ago i went to a government office in my state with a proposal for a software that will cut down work load and processing time greatly (from 2-3 months to less that 3 weeks). I met an assistant director, presented my solution, she was amazed at how fast they could process things. Then she told me that they have a software they are using already developed by one of the Commissioner's "boy" that if it were up to her or her colleagues, there would adopt my solution but there is nothing she or anyone else can do unless the commissioner. I tried all my best to see the commissioner but to no avail even dropped copies of my proposal but yet nothing. I know some developers here have delivered government projects so i am asking how do you navigate the murky waters of our corrupt political system?
Re: Government Projects by Urine: 3:37pm On Feb 28, 2015
My brother, unfortunately you can't beat them, you have to join them, to make it easier for you register as a member of the ruling party in your state, it's the first step. We've been there it's not a journey for the faint hearted.

Miracles still happen though.
Re: Government Projects by lanrrydon: 9:27pm On Mar 03, 2015
HMMM NAwa OO..

I Need To Have A Program Written. I Need Some Consultation. / Sell Good Tools (contact My Yahoo: Good_inbox) / Optimize Your E-commerce Website's SEO Performance With The User-friendly Tips

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7