Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,851 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

.................... - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / .................... (1020 Views)

The Secret Angel's 1 / Someone Should Help Me Out With The Book Waiting For An Angel By Helon Habila / Short Story''the Angel And The Monk'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

.................... by Terry68: 7:28pm On Feb 28, 2015
The characters/names in this Story are entirely fiction. Any individual, relatives or friends who in one way or the other the story might relate to, should take no offense.

A terrible experience.

Like many will describe as unfortunate.

But what can I do?
You might also have a distinct name for the event.
Anyway, let me just hit the nail on the head and stop bothering myself of whatever your conclusion might be.

It was another Sunday in church, with the regular norms: pastor preaching, greeter welcoming, ushers and their sitting directions and all the rest you could imagine (if you go to church).
But this story wasn’t about them either.

It was about me and this seraphic lady; who happens to sit next to me. She was a dream wish for guys on same pew with her as I secretly noticed. I wasn’t an exception though.
Probably, I was cajoled by her robust beauty that got me involuntarily strategizing despite the ongoing sermon as I hung unto the league of her love race.

However, my desperation was not highly intense like the guys who at every second turn their heads and get me even more jealous.

The drama begun when I noticed I was no longer feeling that spiritual decency like it ought to be. I became susceptible by her charming physique leaving me with a temporary torment and means of distracting her.

All I could possibly imagine was the thought of marriage running through my mind like it was meant to happen sudden.

However, I knew somewhat within my ill-emotions I’ve met a wife.
Fortunate enough for me, the long awaited service came to an end as the grace was shared in Unisom.

It apparently unveils itself she was a new member, when she stood to her feet for the welcome song. With high expectations, as my hands were stretched from behind for a warm welcome hand shake, but got disrupted by ushers who accompanied her to the front row where others were already seated.

Anyway, that wasn’t an option for me to back out. The urge kept refreshing itself with a still confidence plotting the scenario as a better opportunity to strike.

Not too long enough the little meeting was over. Delighted it did.

From the far end where I had seated to spot all activities being covered by her, like I was her production manager.

Saw this impeccable and amiable angel, in her slinky pinky gown walking gracefully towards me.

"Wow!" I shouted silently.

Just like the rod of mosses. All eyes triggered out pupils which was caught by her pulchritudinous steps.

I maintained all sense of decorum as I stood up trying to adjust my shirt. Closer and closer, the better I richly grin. I noticed her portraying a dazzling smile each time she looks at me and that felt nice with me.
It was almost few steps for me to start trading my practiced routine. When I got truncated;

“Josephina! Be fast” A deep voice behind me uttered.

“Let’s go, am running late for a meeting.”

Perhaps the father, then I knew all smiles she had exhibited were never mine. Too bad.
So they hurried along.

That got my Sunday activities paralyzed; brain twisted not letting a single memory of her go.
It heaved my heart on why the dad decided to show up amidst everything?

“Maybe next try will make it up.
What if next time never comes as that was her first visit?” I ponder within myself.

It was certain the dad never worshipped that Sunday with us, probably must be an agreement they had; in picking her from church.

Since the event I became the most regular member in every church meeting wishing I could one day see her again.
Despite my regularity, Luck was still nowhere near my wish.

One day, perhaps a good one for me, I visited a grocery store. Pave my way in gently, spotted this slim dark lady, who was far beyond being ugly switching from one product to another.

Behind her was the answer to my unending emotions, a long gone angel, appealing with gown of modesty.
Behold it was dream come true like I wished for.

I approached her without much introductions; she could recalled where we had once seen, quickly gave me her number

“That’s my number, you can call me anytime.
Am sorry, I have to rush up, call me so we talk.” Walks out almost in a hurry.

It was a nice day for me, humming and nodding my head happily.
Atlast! I was able to get her mobile number.

I got home that day and was overwhelmed with joy, celebrating the hour that brought me in.
I had to give her a call that evening, and agreed upon meeting two days later in a scheduled place (an eatery).

As night and day circled the earth; the host atmosphere appeared.
It was a day to see my future and beyond.
Nevertheless, I was 30mins earlier at the scheduled location. I had waited all day, tried calling but the whole push seemed abortive. I got exhausted and decided to leave late.
Though, it was an emotional record of a bad day.

It thus got my urge more intense especially when she don’t reply text messages, pick calls nor even return them.

One evening, was lying down helplessly, battling within myself on how to kill this beautiful trouble thought I have enslaved myself to, that gives me nothing but torment .
Then suddenly I got a beep on my phone; it was a message from her:

“Sorry for turning you down.
So many things came up that day, which even got me far from my phone.
Let’s meet tomorrow by mid-day same place.”

Immediately, my contemplation was off the hook as I breathe in relief and jumped up.
I was excited am back in the game.

I have gathered pictures of all kinds and storylines to make our date fascinating.
Just before the mid-day, I was already seated at the venue with a bottle of coke to ease the patience.
I could tell the numbers of people coming in and out as I glue my eyes to the entrance.
It was almost one hour past the time; her presence was still not felt.
I sense history was about to repeat itself but I reluctantly refused to adhere to.
My coke was getting empty with the gradual sip.

Over one hour gone the schedule time, when I decided to stand up and leave. On facing the door I saw the long awaited guest.

Spark in dark long hair, with graceful dimples, made many who got caught in her facial attention momentarily forgot themselves.

“My day was finally here” I said.

She noticed where I was standing amidst everyone and walked down.

She apologised for being late which I admitted happily (Of course! What was I suppose to do).

On taking our seat while admiring how beautiful she was, couldn’t help but spat it out unconsciously.

“You’re indeed an angel.” She grins.

Before I could ask her of her orders,

I saw a shocking event.

She fell to the ground stretching both arms and legs.

Only then I knew she was convulsive and epileptic.

What I did may not really interest you.

But always remember;

“That Was How I Lost My Angel.”
Re: .................... by Ozavize88(f): 8:58pm On Feb 28, 2015
Op, what did u do? did u help her or u left her their?
Re: .................... by Terry68: 10:40pm On Feb 28, 2015
It was entirely fiction.

However, I rendered an assistance and frail the thought.
Re: .................... by Ozavize88(f): 8:32am On Mar 01, 2015
ok

(1) (Reply)

Novelist Jackie Collins Dies Of Breast Cancer At 77 / Penastory: The Chronicles Of A Government Hooker – Episode 2 (18+) / He Looked Just Like Him!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.