Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,385 members, 7,822,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) - Technology Market (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) (140179 Views)

Great Deals Due To Lower Dollar Rate / Car Tracking Story: How I recovered my stolen vehicle... / 600 Dollars Amazon Gift Card For Sale At 210 Per Dollar Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (58) (Go Down)

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by jesbu(m): 6:40am On Apr 21, 2015
Please making payment through PayPal or debit card Which is cheaper?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Nobody: 7:30am On Apr 21, 2015
jesbu:

i believe its d same. but paypal is easier with less stress especially when buying from us or countries dat don't like accepting our card
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 8:38am On Apr 21, 2015
tumababa:

Well as at 4:30am Tuesday 21st. Stanbic is ₦ 199.5 to a $. All my other accounts are being cleared into stanbic as i type.
lol why you dey pack na grin... In fact I love this stanbic, very consistent.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by cyif2003(m): 9:27am On Apr 21, 2015
made a transaction yesterday nd i got an alert today gtb charged me 205.99 naira to $1
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by jerrygome: 9:43am On Apr 21, 2015
cyif2003:
made a transaction yesterday nd i got an alert today gtb charged me 205.99 naira to $1

Same here...GTB charged me 205.9991 for a transaction I made on 20/4/2015

Got the debit alert today 21/4/2015
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 21, 2015
jerrygome:

i don port to stanbic until further notice.

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 10:07am On Apr 21, 2015
tumababa:

i don port to stanbic until further notice.
welcome on board.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by jesbu(m): 10:37am On Apr 21, 2015
tumababa:

i believe its d same. but paypal is easier with less stress especially when buying from us or countries dat don't like accepting our card
Thanks very much I appreciate
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 12:59pm On Apr 21, 2015
Good day guys. I'm back in Nigeria now. So the thread will run as has been. Sorry for the silence, was busy. I will update the first post ASAP. Cheers! smiley
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 1:06pm On Apr 21, 2015
ryusufu:
I've done a transaction of $10.45 on my access visa card, N2,173.60 was deducted, that translate to N208/$....

tumababa:

Well as at 4:30am Tuesday 21st. Stanbic is ₦ 199.5 to a $. All my other accounts are being cleared into stanbic as i type.

cyif2003:

jerrygome:

Updated to first post.

jesbu:

It's basically the same, just that by default, if it's not dollars. The currency is converted into dollars and u could end up paying more. Use PayPal because it is easier and the merchant would be charged for receiving payments. lol.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by EUGENE4GOO(m): 1:09pm On Apr 21, 2015
@Stanley08 and @Jeffy1206
How long does it take for one to get Stanbic debit card? I was debited #1050 on Tuesday last week for Atm card but up till now I have not any message to go and pick my card. What will I do, I need the card for transactions. Thanks.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 1:26pm On Apr 21, 2015
EUGENE4GOO:
@Stanley08 and @Jeffy1206
How long does it take for one to get Stanbic debit card? I was debited #1050 on Tuesday last week for Atm card but up till now I have not any message to go and pick my card. What will I do, I need the card for transactions. Thanks.
call their cc should be at the branch already. Mine took just 3 working days.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by solaceTK(m): 2:40pm On Apr 21, 2015
Access bank
21/4/15
visa card
via eBay
N208/per $

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by stanley083: 4:20pm On Apr 21, 2015
For some reason, my main account 'Stanley08' has been blocked from posting. The only thing i can think of is change of IP address because i can't remember violating any rules. Anyways, I'll update the first post when the account is up. Till then, this account.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by stanley083: 4:22pm On Apr 21, 2015
Jeffy1206:
call their cc should be at the branch already. Mine took just 3 working days.

Mine took 7 days, however... There was a Weekend and 2 public holidays. So yh, about same lol.

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Marpol: 5:37pm On Apr 21, 2015
Pls which bank gives the best exchange rate for online purchases.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 5:40pm On Apr 21, 2015
Marpol:
Pls which bank gives the best exchange rate for online purchases.
go to first page and compare them.

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Marpol: 6:07pm On Apr 21, 2015
Jeffy1206:
go to first page and compare them.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by stanley083: 6:13pm On Apr 21, 2015
Marpol:

It is not a must that you must contribute to all questions. If you don't have any tangible contribution simply ignore .

Lol. Na wah for you oh. You asked a question, he replied you the right answer and u are throwing shots. Naija!

4 Likes

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Thespecialone(m): 6:54pm On Apr 21, 2015
Nigerians are ever amazing.
Some one gave you the correct answer you are fighting him. If it was me, I would have told him to call all the banks to find out.

5 Likes

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by stanley083: 7:21pm On Apr 21, 2015
Thespecialone:
Some one gave you the correct answer you are fighting him. If it was me, I would have told him to call all the banks to find out.

Or just call CBN. Simple.

5 Likes

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 7:41pm On Apr 21, 2015
Marpol:

It is not a must that you must contribute to all questions. If you don't have any tangible contribution simply ignore .
every day, the first page is updated with latest information... My people perish cos of lack of knowledge undecided

5 Likes

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 7:44pm On Apr 21, 2015
That's why our country is having all these half baked leaders... You want to be spoon fed with everything Ok sorry the best rate now is ecobank and fcmb... Everybody including ... Are running to open account now. Hope that answer your question

3 Likes

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Mizzzbeee(f): 9:04pm On Apr 21, 2015
I tried ooo grin grin ah I tried not to comment grin grin but I can't keep it anymore.... Ur guys r not nice lmao grin cheesy grin
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by frebor(m): 9:17pm On Apr 21, 2015
Mizzzbeee:
I tried ooo grin grin ah I tired not to comment grin grin but I can't keep it anymore.... Ur guys r not nice lmao grin cheesy grin

Jeffy1206:
That's why our country is having all these half baked leaders... You want to be spoon fed with everything Ok sorry the best rate now is ecobank and fcmb... Everybody including ... Are running to open account now. Hope that answer your question

Thespecialone:

No mind the marpol guy, even if dem give am orijo, e no fit pass simple question.

BTW, I want to share GTB magic with you guys but I need to confirm if anyone else experienced the any funny thing last weekend.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by mavinc4u(f): 12:10am On Apr 22, 2015
It looks like first bank charge their customers differently. Someone mentioned $205 for FBN and I was surprised I was charged $214 Yesterday with FBN card which is above the parallel market. This people will hear from me soon for proper explaination
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 3:23am On Apr 22, 2015
mavinc4u:
It looks like first bank charge their customers differently. Someone mentioned $205 for FBN and I was surprised I was charged $214 Yesterday with FBN card which is above the parallel market. This people will hear from me soon for proper explaination
I guess dollar has gained strength o'ver naira again... Abokii own don shoot like arrow.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 5:15am On Apr 22, 2015
As of 5 a.m. 22nd April, Stanbic rate still remain at 199.5. Transactions was made on PayPal.

I just love them kiss
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by jerrygome: 7:02am On Apr 22, 2015
frebor:

BTW, I want to share GTB magic with you guys but I need to confirm if anyone else experienced the any funny thing last weekend.

Share away grin
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by stanley083: 9:19am On Apr 22, 2015
mavinc4u:

I'm of the opinion that dollar rate doesn't change at exactly 12am daily. Maybe sometime later, i don't know tho...
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by frebor(m): 12:15pm On Apr 22, 2015
jerrygome:

Share away grin

OK ok, I bought some stuffs from Amazon last Friday, when I got the charge on sunday they charged lesser, so I had 10k extra. I was elated cos that literally translated to an exchange rate of N187.

I've confirmed from a friend that he experienced same so i thought good times are here again, dollar don fall niyen.

Tuesday afternoon, na so dem send the money back come deduct the original cost at N207. I don quickly arrange something with that extra 10k wey remain before so my account don enter minus.

If I wan do am for the yeye bank, I fit forget the account cos I misplaced my wallet as well the ATM card later yesterday.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (58)

EXPOSED Secret: The Bigger Boys New Method Of Importation. Part 2. A Must See!!! / **Shop/Ship Gadgets/Fashion from USA or Great Automobile Deals from Canada / How To Check Your Glo Number With USSD Code Number – Detailed Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.