Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) - Technology Market (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) (140048 Views)

Great Deals Due To Lower Dollar Rate / Car Tracking Story: How I recovered my stolen vehicle... / 600 Dollars Amazon Gift Card For Sale At 210 Per Dollar Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (58) (Go Down)

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by temitimx19(m): 4:40pm On Jun 16, 2015
Samunosuke:

Actually, you can't. They only allow US billing addresses so I tweaked mine. Used the Nigerian address but used my US shipping address's City, State and Post Code. Use at your own risk.
How did you do that please share?! thanks in advance
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 5:13pm On Jun 16, 2015
worriedfellow:

Hello Stanley, you seem well seasoned in buying from asos. I bought a few shoes and shirts from asos a week ago and i have been tracking it. Just yesterday, it got to Lagos and its saying " on hold, consignee to pay charges" i mailed asos and they told me i may have to pay import duties to the costom in my country. I have not gotten any mail or call form Nigerian costom. Who do I pay to and how do I know the cost of the fee. Have you ever been in this situation in any of your purchase from asos? I need help please.

LMAO! See ur issue and see ur name. Worriedfellow. EPIC!

Anyways, yes. Everything i wear these days is from Asos. From what you said it seems u used the 20 pounds express shipping which is a mistake as free shipping gets to u in about 10 to 11 days. Less than 2 weeks. And u use only about 5H to 1K to collect at post office nearest to you. Sometimes u have to go check urself tho, normally they should call or text you.

While paid shipping, u pay 20 pounds which is like 6,500 depending on ur card. Then when it gets here you pay another 2K to 4K to clear it. in the process spending extra roughly 10K. So, don't use paid shipping again.

Regardless, SKYNET are in charge of Express shipments.
Text ur CONNOTE number and ur full name to this guy then call him after 15 mins to know the status of ur items.
‪08099900729‬

CHEERS!

2 Likes

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Samunosuke(m): 11:25pm On Jun 16, 2015
temitimx19:

How did you do that please share?! thanks in advance

Ummm.....Thought I just did? Use your Nigerian billing address for the debit card but instead of city = asaba, state = delta etc, you put in city = smallville, state = Kansas etc. Also put a valid US post code and phone number. That is all.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by EUGENE4GOO(m): 5:38am On Jun 17, 2015
On 15th June 2015,
I purchased item worth of $22.53
STANBIC IBTC charged me #4492.48
$22.53/#4492.48 =#199.39/$1
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by frebor(m): 7:16am On Jun 17, 2015
Samunosuke:

Ummm.....Thought I just did? Use your Nigerian billing address for the debit card but instead of city = asaba, state = delta etc, you put in city = smallville, state = Kansas etc. Also put a valid US post code and phone number. That is all.

Your shipping address nko, where does it get delivered to?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Obynolee(f): 7:36am On Jun 17, 2015
EUGENE4GOO:
On 15th June 2015,

Thanks for the info
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Mariesio: 9:07am On Jun 17, 2015
I must be high on something, was charged by Firstbank 213.4 yesterday for a transaction on Amazon when I have Stanbic.... This is crazy undecided
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by jerrygome: 11:22am On Jun 17, 2015
Mariesio:
I must be high on something, was charged by Firstbank 213.4 yesterday for a transaction on Amazon when I have Stanbic.... This is crazy undecided

I'll love to have what you smokin' bro angry grin

2 Likes

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by mavinc4u(f): 1:43pm On Jun 17, 2015
frebor:

Your shipping address nko, where does it get delivered to?

US with US shipping address
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by worriedfellow: 3:27pm On Jun 17, 2015
Stanley08:

LMAO! See ur issue and see ur name. Worriedfellow. EPIC!

Anyways, yes. Everything i wear these days is from Asos. From what you said it seems u used the 20 pounds express shipping which is a mistake as free shipping gets to u in about 10 to 11 days. Less than 2 weeks. And u use only about 5H to 1K to collect at post office nearest to you. Sometimes u have to go check urself tho, normally they should call or text you.

While paid shipping, u pay 20 pounds which is like 6,500 depending on ur card. Then when it gets here you pay another 2K to 4K to clear it. in the process spending extra roughly 10K. So, don't use paid shipping again.

Regardless, SKYNET are in charge of Express shipments.
Text ur CONNOTE number and ur full name to this guy then call him after 15 mins to know the status of ur items.
‪08099900729‬

CHEERS!

Thanks bro. You were very helpful. Hahahaha, never mind my moniker though. I just got a mail from skynet. Its a free shipping but it was over 2kg so am paying some extra. Charges is 2400. Is it compulsory I pay into their account now or I should wait till I go to collect from the post office then pay there? Thanks bro.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by jesbu(m): 3:37pm On Jun 17, 2015
Am using DHL to ship my items from China to Nigeria But is expensive. I choose DHL because is safe. is there anyone you guy can recommend for me that is less expensive,reliable and safe.
I deal on high end android phones.
Thanks
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by lordmayor4(m): 5:05pm On Jun 17, 2015
jesbu:
Am using DHL to ship my items from China to Nigeria But is expensive. I choose DHL because is safe. is there anyone you guy can recommend for me that is less expensive,reliable and safe.
Thanks

to avoid customs story one day, 3rd party is better and faster... there are many of them here on NL
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by jesbu(m): 6:15pm On Jun 17, 2015
lordmayor4:

to avoid customs story one day, 3rd party is better and faster... there are many of them here on NL
Thanks very much.will look for one I can trust.

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Goodnuel: 7:13pm On Jun 17, 2015
jesbu:

Thanks very much.will look for one I can trust.
Try Justi4jesu.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by mekado83(m): 8:14pm On Jun 17, 2015
Please house, for those that are using stanbic ibct card, is there any hidden charges, maybe at the end of the month or so? coz am still wondering if they no like money. am yet to see a bank that doesn't like profit.

2 Likes

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by gbodimowo(m): 10:49pm On Jun 17, 2015
Please I need a summarized guide on how to open confirm and runpaypal on stambic ibtc card from Nigeria thank you
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by temitimx19(m): 8:40am On Jun 18, 2015
Samunosuke:

Okay so wat happens next.....? could share your experience with me. thanks
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by MrChilaka(m): 11:30am On Jun 18, 2015
AgapeCharis:
Hmmmmmm
It's like na Stanbic sure pass.

[size=14pt]I have already applied for a VISA PrePaid from StanbicIBTC, you do not need an account with the bank because the VISA PrePaid would be tied to an account, just fund the account whenever you have a transaction. Its amazing to know that so many persons do not know about this type of card.

Pros (That I know)
1. Easy use abroad
2. Fixed annual charge of $16 (or there about) on the card
3. N240 per withdrawal fixed charge from an ATM abroad
4. Issuance fee of $18 (or so)
5. No hidden transaction charge (Unlike UBA Africard's 7% of transaction)
6. If its dollar denominated you can issue a mandate to the Bank to fund your VISA PrePaid with Dollars from your StanbicIBTC Current or Savings
7. VERY COOL Forex Rate

Anyone who knows of a con should please enlighten us.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by frebor(m): 12:36pm On Jun 18, 2015
Does anyone has issues using the StanbicIBTC Mastercard on Aliexpress? Mine doesn't work and I use it on Amazon and PayPal payments.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Mizzzbeee(f): 8:48pm On Jun 18, 2015
dupedare:
Pls house,can someone tell me what zenith bank charge per dollar. Someone paid through paypal today and was charged N223.1 per dollar. Is that an over charge or their usual rate? First time of buying with their card he said
lmao grin dats the rate!
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by olaide721(m): 10:38pm On Jun 18, 2015
jesbu:
Thanks
U can use st patrick they are cheap and reliable too call this number 0816 458 5092 for more info

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by kandrus: 5:05am On Jun 19, 2015
Trying to login to my internet banking, it's asking for merchant ID which was not there as at 48hrs ago.pps house any idea what the information is about ?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 2:29pm On Jun 19, 2015
EUGENE4GOO:
On 15th June 2015,

Mariesio:

dupedare:
Pls house,can someone tell me what zenith bank charge per dollar. Someone paid through paypal today and was charged N223.1 per dollar. Is that an over charge or their usual rate? First time of buying with their card he said

Updated in first post
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by mavinc4u(f): 5:17pm On Jun 19, 2015
MrChilaka:

[size=14pt]I have already applied for a VISA PrePaid from StanbicIBTC, you do not need an account with the bank because the VISA PrePaid would be tied to an account, just fund the account whenever you have a transaction. Its amazing to know that so many persons do not know about this type of card.

Pros (That I know)
1. Easy use abroad
2. Fixed annual charge of $16 (or there about) on the card
3. N240 per withdrawal fixed charge from an ATM abroad
4. Issuance fee of $18 (or so)
5. No hidden transaction charge (Unlike UBA Africard's 7% of transaction)
6. If its dollar denominated you can issue a mandate to the Bank to fund your VISA PrePaid with Dollars from your StanbicIBTC Current or Savings
7. VERY COOL Forex Rate

Anyone who knows of a con should please enlighten us.[/size]

stanbic ibtc visa prepaid card is denominated in dollar
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 6:48am On Jun 20, 2015
worriedfellow:

Thanks bro. You were very helpful. Hahahaha, never mind my moniker though. I just got a mail from skynet. Its a free shipping but it was over 2kg so am paying some extra. Charges is 2400. Is it compulsory I pay into their account now or I should wait till I go to collect from the post office then pay there? Thanks bro.

Normally, you pay when they bring it to you. So calm down.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by frebor(m): 5:38pm On Jun 20, 2015
E be like say e don happen o... Just made a purchase on Amazon with the StanbicIBTC card and the preliminary deduction appears to be at a rate of N203.47 to a $.

I'll wait for the alert proper before I conclude if StanbicIBTC sef don change rates.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Mizzzbeee(f): 6:38pm On Jun 20, 2015
frebor:
E be like say e don happen o... Just made a purchase on Amazon with the StanbicIBTC card and the preliminary deduction appears to be at a rate of N203.47 to a $.

I'll wait for the alert proper before I conclude if StanbicIBTC sef don change rates.
embarassed.... lipsrsealed
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 6:39pm On Jun 20, 2015
frebor:

hmmm! The influx might be getting into them... Make we wait for confirmation. sad
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Adebayolove(m): 12:12am On Jun 21, 2015
frebor:

I guess you checked out in Naira. If that is the case the exchange rate will be set my amazon and not StanbicIBTC.

I stand corrected though.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by mavinc4u(f): 3:19am On Jun 21, 2015
frebor:

stanbic is $199.40

2 Likes

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by holuphisayor(m): 6:48am On Jun 21, 2015
Adebayolove:

I guess you checked out in Naira. If that is the case the exchange rate will be set my amazon and not StanbicIBTC.

I stand corrected though.
is it possible to checkout in dollars?

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (58)

EXPOSED Secret: The Bigger Boys New Method Of Importation. Part 2. A Must See!!! / **Shop/Ship Gadgets/Fashion from USA or Great Automobile Deals from Canada / How To Check Your Glo Number With USSD Code Number – Detailed Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.