Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,672 members, 7,820,357 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) - Technology Market (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) (140126 Views)

Great Deals Due To Lower Dollar Rate / Car Tracking Story: How I recovered my stolen vehicle... / 600 Dollars Amazon Gift Card For Sale At 210 Per Dollar Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (58) (Go Down)

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by azikiweironsi(m): 11:05pm On Jul 02, 2015
Stanley08:

No, Amazon doesn't ship to Nigeria.

90%+ of items on Aliexpress can be shipped to Nigeria. Also, about the same percentage of items on there are fake/sub-standard. Just be careful and also read feedback from previous buyers.
@ Lordkay10
@jerrygone
@stanley08
Thank you all.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by bigdot1759(m): 3:40am On Jul 03, 2015
Pls can i withdraw from my paypal to my card
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 5:31am On Jul 03, 2015
Stanbic remains 199.45 3/7/15
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 5:31am On Jul 03, 2015
bigdot1759:
the answer is no if you are in naija.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 7:50am On Jul 03, 2015
jerrygome:

Welcome. Like the poster above me said ...shine ya eyes. I've gotten quality products there that people won't believe is MADE IN CHINA... especially to those who think Chinese are all about fake.

Buyers reviews ( FEEDBACK) are worth its weight in gold. That is why most sellers would do anything to get a 5 star feedback.

Welcome again.

If you have more questions don't hesitate to ask Stanley08 ...he owns this house grin

I rather own a house in Lekki Gardens. Not an 'ONLINE' house. It's a thread, I'll never understand why ppl call it house.

gergemam:
Thanks Stan...... Sheey na d Site or the Resellers abi nah d money whey dem wan ship

Lol. Nah Buhari. See questions oh.

Jeffy1206:
Stanbic remains 199.45 3/7/15

Updated
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 8:01am On Jul 03, 2015
Stanley08:

I rather own a house in Lekki Gardens. Not an 'ONLINE' house. It's a thread, I'll never understand why ppl call it house.

Lol. Nah Buhari. See questions oh.

Updated
it's 199.45 now not 199.5 check it...
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by mavinc4u(f): 8:26am On Jul 03, 2015
bigdot1759:

Yes with some percentage charge
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by mavinc4u(f): 8:36am On Jul 03, 2015
Shinatu:
@mavinc4u

I wanted to paste it here but could not, I guess it is more complicated than just clicking the 'paste' option from your mouse right click.

The error says 'This transaction cannot be completed'

Is possible their internal security features is blocking your card, probably you have logged in from so many places to your account. Call paypal.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by modath(f): 9:31am On Jul 03, 2015
Hello,
Has anyone withdrawn physical currency in the US using a Stanbic card.

I know all the transactions that have been detailed on this site are all online for importers, making enquiries incase anyone has travelled and used the ATM for cash in the UK & the rate stanbic used.

Thanks.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by balogunsam(m): 11:21am On Jul 03, 2015
STANBIC all the way...
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Shinatu: 1:05pm On Jul 03, 2015
Stanley08:

Lol. If you give me money, i promise to shop on asos smiley

As long as ur card is linked to ur paypal account and there aren't any restrictions on ur account by PayPal. You should be able to send. I have used my PayPal account to give many donations in different countries including England which is in the UK.

I just finished speaking with first bank and was told that you cannot send money with First Bank card but can only pay for goods.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 1:25pm On Jul 03, 2015
modath:
Hello,
Has anyone withdrawn physical currency in the US using a Stanbic card.

I know all the transactions that have been detailed on this site are all online for importers, making enquiries incase anyone has travelled and used the ATM for cash in the UK & the rate stanbic used.

Thanks.

I haven't but it should be possible. i have withdrawn Cedis in Ghana with my Stanbic card. MasterCard ATM.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by modath(f): 1:34pm On Jul 03, 2015
Stanley08:

I haven't but it should be possible. i have withdrawn Cedis in Ghana with my Stanbic card. MasterCard ATM.

Thanks for the response. Its not the possibility I'm even concerned about,I have no doubt the card will work in the us, its the rate to be applied I'm wondering about,online is 199.5, hoping it won't be beyond 205 & asking incase someone has a first hand experience..
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 3:01pm On Jul 03, 2015
modath:

Thanks for the response. Its not the possibility I'm even concerned about,I have no doubt the card will work in the us, its the rate to be applied I'm wondering about,online is 199.5, hoping it won't be beyond 205 & asking incase someone has a first hand experience..

It would be 199.45 per dollar plus 240 naira charge per withdrawal. Simple.

But, stop wasting time asking here. Get full details from the source. Email: CardqueriesWA@stanbicibtc.com
Done.

Jeffy1206:
it's 199.45 now not 199.5 check it...

I'm rounding up to 1 decimal place dude.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by modath(f): 5:01pm On Jul 03, 2015
Stanley08:

It would be 199.45 per dollar plus 240 naira charge per withdrawal. Simple.

But, stop wasting time asking here. Get full details from the source. Email: CardqueriesWA@stanbicibtc.com
Done.

Its not in most cases,cash & online rates hardly sync, fidelity is 199.5 for PTA but 213 for ATM withdrawal...I've done as advised though..
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by mavinc4u(f): 5:54pm On Jul 03, 2015
Shinatu:

I just finished speaking with first bank and was told that you cannot send money with First Bank card but can only pay for goods.

Those people are confused set of people. How would they know if the money is meant for goods or not. Call paypal to reset their internal security settings for you.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 10:09pm On Jul 03, 2015
modath:

Its not in most cases,cash & online rates hardly sync, fidelity is 199.5 for PTA but 213 for ATM withdrawal...I've done as advised though..

213 not including the 240 naira charge?

mavinc4u:
Those people are confused set of people. How would they know if the money is meant for goods or not. Call paypal to reset their internal security settings for you.

That's the problem, most of these so called customer service ppl don't even know what they are saying. Sometimes dey just take the easiest way out. I think Firstbank accounts need some sorta upgrade or so. Check that out, might be the issue. Contact ur branch. That's the person with the issueof course. @Shinatu
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by modath(f): 12:30am On Jul 04, 2015
Stanley08:

213 not including the 240 naira charge?

Yes, minus the charge..its 213 to use fidelity ATM to withdraw cash in the US but 199.5 for PTA in Nigeria..

Waiting for stanbic's response..
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Opeyemi5(m): 6:54am On Jul 04, 2015
Gtb master card
Ebay purchase 03/07
$57.55=12373.04
$1=214.99
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 11:46am On Jul 04, 2015
modath:

Yes, minus the charge..its 213 to use fidelity ATM to withdraw cash in the US but 199.5 for PTA in Nigeria..

Waiting for stanbic's response..

Okay mate. I'm almost certain Fidelity bank isn't 199.5 now, i mean today. But ok tho

Opeyemi5:
Gtb master card
Ebay purchase 03/07
$57.55=12373.04
$1=214.99

Updated
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by modath(f): 11:51am On Jul 04, 2015
Stanley08:

Okay mate. I'm almost certain Fidelity bank isn't 199.5 now, i mean today. But ok tho

Updated

We would not argue but I'm 100% sure its 199.5 for PTA as at Wednesday last week...

Im presently in the states & i bought in fidelity& have my card but dont plan on using it cos of the rate differential. likewise 2 friends.
Stanbic doesn't sell currency in NIGERIA, apart from their idejo branch VI at 208 but i was assured the rate is good if i draw here, will test it out today...
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by blym4real: 1:13pm On Jul 04, 2015
Can some one help with cbn email.
Uba won kill me. Charging 7.89% of total payment, as if am borrowing from them.

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by sinebaba(m): 1:20pm On Jul 04, 2015
blym4real:

lol google it
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by honmusa(m): 7:46am On Jul 05, 2015
Hello ,
Can anyone here give update on FCMB naira to dollar rate
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 3:47pm On Jul 05, 2015
blym4real:

This is a battle you cannot win. UBA must have written it in the 'Terms and Conditions' somewhere which u signed without reading it off course. They can charge however they want to charge. Doubt CBN would help you.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by blym4real: 3:54pm On Jul 05, 2015
Stanley08:

This is a battle you cannot win. UBA must have written it in the 'Terms and Conditions' somewhere which u signed without reading it off course. They can charge however they want to charge. Doubt CBN would help you.

The TOA was 2.5% when I opened my prepaid account.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by lordkay10(m): 5:23pm On Jul 05, 2015
blym4real:

Thought I'm the only one, UBA Africard is a scam

2 Likes

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 5:58pm On Jul 05, 2015
blym4real:

The TOA was 2.5% when I opened my prepaid account.
If you have muscle, u can sue. Lol.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by blym4real: 6:31pm On Jul 05, 2015
Stanley08:

If you have muscle, u can sue. Lol.

Lol, sue no be option oh.

I have to get the stanbicibtc card but all the wahala about verifications is discouraging.

Do they issue vica card too, I always prefer visa to mastercard due to the direct withdrawal service on visa.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 9:48am On Jul 06, 2015
Stanbic as at today Monday is, 199.45. PayPal payment.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 3:30pm On Jul 06, 2015
Jeffy1206:
Stanbic as at today Monday is, 199.45. PayPal payment.

Will update

blym4real:

Lol, sue no be option oh.
I have to get the stanbicibtc card but all the wahala about verifications is discouraging.
Do they issue vica card too, I always prefer visa to mastercard due to the direct withdrawal service on visa.

Oga nothing like verification wahala abegi. If you can't get it, be paying UBA 8% nah. When it's not as if I'm buying shares.

Just get the StanbicIBTC Debit MasterCard and stop worrying urself about visa etc. it's still MasterCard they will give u so just do it.

4 Likes

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by jerrygome: 7:24am On Jul 07, 2015
Stanbic N199.44952 per $ on 6/7/2015 7PM

Just to keep thread alive. We all know Stanbic IBTC no dey change grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (58)

EXPOSED Secret: The Bigger Boys New Method Of Importation. Part 2. A Must See!!! / **Shop/Ship Gadgets/Fashion from USA or Great Automobile Deals from Canada / How To Check Your Glo Number With USSD Code Number – Detailed Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.