Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Favorite Scriptures For Encouragement - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Favorite Scriptures For Encouragement (650 Views)

Crossover 2016 Prayer Point And Scriptures / Comforting Scriptures For All Relationship Crises / Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Favorite Scriptures For Encouragement by Nobody: 12:38am On Mar 01, 2015
Whenever I feel down, worried, confused, scared, etc. There are some scriptures that I always remember that cheer me up.

Proverbs 3:5,6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.

Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear for I am with you. Do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

John 16:33
I have told you these things that you may have peace. In this world, you will have trouble but take heart, I have overcome the world!

John 16:13
When the Spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all the truth. And He shall not speak of Himself but of whatever He hears and He shall declare to you things to come

Psalm 46:1
God is our refuge and strength; an ever present help in time of trouble

2Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

1Peter 5:7
Cast all your cares on God, for He cares for you.

Isaiah 26:3,4
For You will keep in perfect peace he whose mind is stayed on You, for he trusts in You. Trust in the Lord, for He is an everlasting rock!

Psalm 61:2
From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee. When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

Luke 10:19
Behold I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

These are just a few. You can add yours to encourage someone. (Hebrews 3:13)

2 Likes

Re: Favorite Scriptures For Encouragement by Hope6289(f): 5:17am On Mar 01, 2015
Mine is Psalm 116:7,8
Return to your rest o my soul for the Lord has dealt bountifully with you. He has rescued my life from death, my eyes from tears and my feet from falling.

1 Like

Re: Favorite Scriptures For Encouragement by phlio(m): 8:12am On Mar 05, 2015
mine is psalm 24 Bible
24:9 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.24:10 Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah.
Psalms http:///bibleappkjv

2 Likes

Re: Favorite Scriptures For Encouragement by sunnshyn(f): 9:59am On Mar 05, 2015
Thank you so much OP! I'm writing out all your quoted scriptures.

You have one of my favourite already:

Proverbs 3: 5-6
Trust the lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him
and he shall direct your path.

For healing:

Ps 103:3

Who forgiveth all my sins and healeth all my diseases.

For Faith:

Heb 11 : 1

Now Faith is the substance of things hoped for; the evidence of things not seen.

Heb 11 :6

For without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

To live above all the time:

Rom 12 :2

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable and perfect will of God.

1 Like

Re: Favorite Scriptures For Encouragement by jnrbayano(m): 10:33am On Mar 05, 2015
Matt 8:8

The centurion answered and said, “Lord, I am not worthy that You should come under my roof. But only speak a word, and my servant will be healed.

Mark 9:24

Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!”

John 11:21

Now Martha said to Jesus, “Lord, if You had been here, my brother would not have died.

John 11:32

Then, when Mary came where Jesus was, and saw Him, she fell down at His feet, saying to Him, “Lord, if You had been here, my brother would not have died.”

Matt 9:21

For she said to herself, “If only I may touch His garment, I shall be made well.”

Etc etc....

1 Like

Re: Favorite Scriptures For Encouragement by jnrbayano(m): 1:27pm On Mar 05, 2015
^^^^

In fact, any verse which shows:

1. exhibition of humility and man's submission to God's majesty and will.

2. man's total confidence and faith in God's power.

3. where God shows compassion, magnanimity and love.

4. God's power.

......encourages me in no small manner.

1 Like

Re: Favorite Scriptures For Encouragement by Nobody: 1:54pm On Mar 05, 2015
Thank you for sharing, God's word is so encouraging
Re: Favorite Scriptures For Encouragement by Rose2014: 2:45pm On Mar 05, 2015
My encourager any day anytime

Rom 8:28 All things work together for good, to them that love God and to those who are called according to his purpose

1 Like

Re: Favorite Scriptures For Encouragement by hopedavid(f): 3:07pm On Mar 05, 2015
Psalm 119:98 - Your commands are always with me and they make me wiser than my enemies

That's real encouragement to me, to know that when I obey God, I have foolish enemies smiley who will definitely be defeated. It's good to follow God's commands, I love Ps 119 as a whole. May God help us obey His commands.

(1) (Reply)

'' / Wow..seen The Baby Look Of Jesus Christ Before?? See It Here (photos) / Feminism And Its Inherent Evil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.