Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,193 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

The Media; Israel And Palestine - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Media; Israel And Palestine (861 Views)

Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire / Facts All US Citizens Need To Know About Israel And Palestine / Your Views On Israel And Palestine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Media; Israel And Palestine by ayinba1(f): 7:50pm On Jan 10, 2009
Re: The Media; Israel And Palestine by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 10, 2009
The movie starts with an incredulous lie -

Have you read resolution 242? Well the resolution says Israel is to withdraw from lands occupied in 1967 and return them to who? Palestinians? WRONG!

The resolution was signed between Israel, Egypt, Jordan and Syria . . . why?

Because Syria lost the Golan heights
Egypt lost Gaza and Jordan lost the West Bank.

Where were the "palestinians"? No where to be found.

The movie then goes on again to murder the truth when it says - Israel is yet to comply with resolution 242. Well Israel cannot comply with the resolution if those it signed the resolution with (egypt and Jordan) have bluntly stated they do not want gaza and the west bank back. So where did these mysterious "palestinians" now claiming "occupation" come from?

That, men and brethren, is the genesis of the disgraceful charade being played out by the arabs today. There is no occupied lands, what we have is a perpetuation of evil by Egypt and Jordan so as to keep a certain group of disenfranchised people continously baying for Israel's destruction.
Re: The Media; Israel And Palestine by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jan 10, 2009
Israel 3 yrs ago gave up Gaza with a thriving economy . . . guess what HAMAS turned it into? A ghetto from which to fire weapons at Israel with. What assurance does Israel have that giving up the westbank isnt going to end up giving Iran another base from which to launch missiles at Israeli cities?

That is the problem . . . "occupation" is simply an excuse perpetuated by the foolish, the deluded and arab slaves.
Re: The Media; Israel And Palestine by 4Play(m): 1:26am On Jan 11, 2009
It's not just a question of who Israel was to return the land to. Israel's obligation to withdraw under 242 is not unilateral, that is to say, Israel's obligation to withdraw only arises in the context of a negotiated comprehensive peace settlement.

An apt example of what 242 had in mind is the settlement reached with Egypt for the Sinai: Israel withdraws in return for Egypt's recognition and renunciation of its belligerency. Look at the text of the resolution.

(i) Withdrawal of Israel armed forces from territories occupied in the recent conflict;

(ii) Termination of all claims or states of belligerency and respect for and acknowledgement of the sovereignty, territorial integrity and political independence of every State in the area and their right to live in peace within secure and recognized boundaries free from threats or acts of force;

It is a 2 fold obligation and does not require Israel to simply pack up and leave. It is also not true that the resolution requires Israel to withdraw from all of the land taken in 1967. The definitive article, ''the'', was left out on purpose as a prefix to ''territories''.

It's important to note that Israel has withdrawn from 80% of the territories taken in 1967 by withdrawing from the Sinai alone. Add Gaza in '05 and you will realise that Israel has gone a long way towards meeting its obligations.
Re: The Media; Israel And Palestine by RichyBlacK(m): 8:18am On Jan 11, 2009
4 Play:

It's not just a question of who Israel was to return the land to. Israel's obligation to withdraw under 242 is not unilateral, that is to say, Israel's obligation to withdraw only arises in the context of a negotiated comprehensive peace settlement.

An apt example of what 242 had in mind is the settlement reached with Egypt for the Sinai: Israel withdraws in return for Egypt's recognition and renunciation of its belligerency. Look at the text of the resolution.

(i) Withdrawal of Israel armed forces from territories occupied in the recent conflict;

(ii) Termination of all claims or states of belligerency and respect for and acknowledgement of the sovereignty, territorial integrity and political independence of every State in the area and their right to live in peace within secure and recognized boundaries free from threats or acts of force;

It is a 2 fold obligation and does not require Israel to simply pack up and leave. It is also not true that the resolution requires Israel to withdraw from all of the land taken in 1967. The definitive article, ''the'', was left out on purpose as a prefix to ''territories''.

It's important to note that Israel has withdrawn from 80% of the territories taken in 1967 by withdrawing from the Sinai alone. Add Gaza in '05 and you will realise that Israel has gone a long way towards meeting its obligations. 

And what is that obligation?
Why fulfill only 80% of the obligation?
If it can go 80% of the way, why not go 100%?

See the definition of the word obligation if its meaning is hazy to you.

Israel is in violation of many UN resolutions, and the main obstacle towards progress in the middle-east, is not freedom-fighting groups like Hamas, but Zionists who believe that the racist Apartheid oppressive Zionist State of Israel can do no wrong!
Re: The Media; Israel And Palestine by RichyBlacK(m): 1:08pm On Jan 11, 2009
ayinba1:

Thought I'd share this

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6604775898578139565

@ayinba1,

Thank you for posting this.
Re: The Media; Israel And Palestine by muhsin(m): 3:07pm On Jan 11, 2009
davidylan:

The movie starts with an incredulous lie -

Have you read resolution 242? Well the resolution says Israel is to withdraw from lands occupied in 1967 and return them to who? Palestinians? WRONG!

The resolution was signed between Israel, Egypt, Jordan and Syria . . . why?

Because Syria lost the Golan heights
Egypt lost Gaza and Jordan lost the West Bank.

Where were the "palestinians"? No where to be found.

The movie then goes on again to murder the truth when it says - Israel is yet to comply with resolution 242. Well Israel cannot comply with the resolution if those it signed the resolution with (egypt and Jordan) have bluntly stated they do not want gaza and the west bank back. So where did these mysterious "palestinians" now claiming "occupation" come from?

That, men and brethren, is the genesis of the disgraceful charade being played out by the arabs today. There is no occupied lands, what we have is a perpetuation of evil by Egypt and Jordan so as to keep a certain group of disenfranchised people continously baying for Israel's destruction.

LOL grin His mother was accused!
Re: The Media; Israel And Palestine by ayinba1(f): 4:11pm On Jan 11, 2009
@Richyblack

You're welcome. The aim was to see a fairly neutral journalistic evaluation of media coverage of events. For me an added reminder that not all Jews support the actions of Israel even though we never get to see this in mainstream media.

@david,4play

Even though the thread is for allto see, I'd prefer comments from people who actually think before they post, and seriously, you dont have to reply to everything I post.
Re: The Media; Israel And Palestine by sleekp1: 9:19pm On Jan 11, 2009
ayinba1:

@david,4play

Even though the thread is for allto see, I'd prefer comments from people who actually think before they post, and seriously, you don't have to reply to everything I post.

They will reply to everything you post. They're (hardcore busybodies) the unpaid unofficial mouthpiece of apartheid Israel.
Re: The Media; Israel And Palestine by Nobody: 2:02am On Jan 12, 2009
ayinba1:

@david,4play

Even though the thread is for allto see, I'd prefer comments from people who actually think before they post, and seriously, you don't have to reply to everything I post.

actually u'd prefer comments from morons who cant think at all.

4 Play and I do what most people wont do on this thread . . . that is take each piece of the fraudulent movie you posted here and go back through history to[b] factcheck most of the claims there[/b].

I know you hate the truth . . . i dont have to post everywhere but i hate to allow liars get away with blatant fraud.

I asked a cogent question . . . in 1967 resolution 242 said absolutely NOTHING about "palestinians" or "palestinian land" . . . so where did these arabs now crying "occupation" come from?

why have egypt and jordan refused to take back gaza and the west bank? Did Israel sieze gaza from HAMAS or FATAH? When the PLO was set up in 1964 why did it make ABSOLUTELY NO MENTION OF AN OCCUPATION? grin

those are real questions begging for real answers. Answers that will expose the current conflict for what it really is . . . a religious jihad.

Of course you hate the truth so what else can one say . . . enjoy decieving others with ur "movies" heavy on false emotion and extremely light weight on the truth.
Re: The Media; Israel And Palestine by Nobody: 2:06am On Jan 12, 2009
RichyBlacK:

And what is that obligation?
Why fulfill only 80% of the obligation?
If it can go 80% of the way, why not go 100%?

See the definition of the word obligation if its meaning is hazy to you.

Israel is in violation of many UN resolutions, and the main obstacle towards progress in the middle-east, is not freedom-fighting groups like Hamas, but Zionists who believe that the racist Apartheid oppressive Zionist State of Israel can do no wrong!

for someone i used to hold in high regard as intelligent you certainly have turned out to be a shallow brained robot. Did you notice that you ignored every single key issue from myself and 4 Play's post to focus on the amount of land Israel has returned?

you claim that Israel may as well return the remaining 20% of land . . . agreed. but how can it do so when Jordan and Egypt have bluntly refused to take those lands back? why is Israel forced to return land to a strange people it did not get the land from in the first place? Where were Arafat or Abass in 1967?

Again rather than tackle the issue we go back to the red-herring of "Israel is in violation of many UN resolutions". Which ones in particular or are you just singing the arab/moslem tune? If you think Israel is the greatest impediment to peace in the middle east then you need your head examined. If Israel can sign peace accords with Egypt, Jordan and even attempt to initiate a peace deal with a Syria that still refuses to recognise its existence till tomorrow then you are a lost case.

ayinba and the rest can continue hailing you . . . its fools like you that jihadists will use to destroy your own countries.
Re: The Media; Israel And Palestine by Cayon(f): 6:02am On Jan 12, 2009
Israeli forces advance deep into Gaza urban areas

Gaza medical officials say at least 870 Palestinians, about half of them civilians, have been killed in the conflict that began Dec. 27 with Israeli airstrikes on Hamas buildings, as well as suspected rocket launch sites and smuggling tunnels on the Egyptian border. Thirteen Israelis, including 10 soldiers, have died.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090112/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_israel_palestinians

(1) (Reply)

Jewish Kitty Terrorists / $50,000 Car Loan For Mps (Ghana) / Secret Plan To Save Earth From Asteroid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.