Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,548 members, 7,955,037 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:05 PM

The Fastest Web Browser - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / The Fastest Web Browser (2409 Views)

Opera Vs Mozilla Vs Google Chrome: Which Is The Fastest Web Browser? / What Is The Fastest Download Speed You've Ever Encountered? / Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fastest Web Browser by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jan 10, 2009
I just found out that:

1. IE 8 beta 2 only works on XP, I'm flexing it now

2. It is way faster than IE6 (I did a format and had to be using IE6 for a while)

3. Safari is good for downloading in cafes where the admin is strict about downloading and bandwidth (u can hide the download window)

4. Maxthon browser is very similar to IE, it is only more colorful

5. Opera 9.63 happens to be the best and fastest brower I have used so far

Whats yours?
Re: The Fastest Web Browser by binkles(m): 11:13pm On Jan 10, 2009
Firefox
Re: The Fastest Web Browser by ExInferis(m): 9:03am On Jan 11, 2009
opera 10 Alpha. Presto 2.2 rendering engine makes it currently THE FASTEST browser (even though its on alpha stage of development). followed by Opera 9.63.
Re: The Fastest Web Browser by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jan 18, 2009
Ex Inferis:

opera 10 Alpha. Presto 2.2 rendering engine makes it currently THE FASTEST browser (even though its on alpha stage of development). followed by Opera 9.63.

downloading the alpha right now. . .fortunately, different builds of opera can be installed alongside each other . . .love opera kiss

i think its the only browser with a download manager that allows you to resume broken downloads. your pc can bsod, and when you restrt, just go to the download tab and click resume even works with file hosters - at least with megaupload

have currently downloaded the cool skins and plugins etal

been using it since 2006 , when a chick in a cafe told me it would be better for my downloads if i used it. fecking IE would crash halfway into a 200mb download. . .and i'd have to start again. . .
Re: The Fastest Web Browser by Seun(m): 11:51pm On Jan 18, 2009
Yeah, I wonder why IE and Firefox can't resume broken downloads. It's not hard to implement, is it?
Re: The Fastest Web Browser by betheldgr8(m): 12:32pm On Jan 19, 2009
opera browser does the magic, i enjoy downloading with opera than DAP. i'll try opera alpha 10 and also 9.63, wht i've got is 9.60
Re: The Fastest Web Browser by AceTech(m): 1:24pm On Jan 19, 2009
According to computer analists firefox has been rated the fastest browser,but i highly disagree cuz every browser has it advantages and disadvantages. Firefox is not good with dial up,IE8 is very slow and consumes more memory. safari and google chrome is very good.i recommend apple safari. well just to let u no, all this browsers now have portable versions for u flash drive. now u can continues ur browsing sessions anywhere u go. i use portable softwares cuz itz beta,no need for installation. so even if ur system crashes u can retrieve them like ur normal softwares, wink
Re: The Fastest Web Browser by quadrillio(m): 1:59pm On Jan 19, 2009
so far, when it comes to the fastest - then I go for CHROME. it light weight made it so.
Re: The Fastest Web Browser by netotse(m): 4:23pm On Jan 19, 2009
omo the chrome taskmanager is a big plus!
Re: The Fastest Web Browser by sunnym(m): 7:35pm On Jan 19, 2009
Can anyone try flock browser cos it is fast with fbt
Re: The Fastest Web Browser by betheldgr8(m): 7:24pm On Jan 21, 2009
google chrome has got a feature that allows u to search from the address bar without opening any search engine.
just open google chrome and type what u want to search for in the address bar and press enter, it will return search results in google way.
Re: The Fastest Web Browser by Blossom8: 12:51am On Jan 22, 2009
I think Opera is still the fastest. Honestly, Considering so many factors:

1 Ability to resume previous pages
2 Download management
3 Wap adaptability
4 Ability to create multiple Tabs on a page.
5 Speed

Though other browsers have these, but not all have it together.
So, the best is Opera and the fastest I have used is still Opera.
Kudos to Opera Team. I love them and I know I would meet them soon.
Re: The Fastest Web Browser by gozzilla(m): 12:58am On Jan 22, 2009
Man did i just learn something. Downloaded Chrome and uninstalled it days later when i found out i couldn't do much on it. A lot of pluggin issues still being worked on. I believe with time they will come out good. They somehow have a winning formula others cann't understand. i even read that they are secretly working on an operating system (google na wah sef).
Re: The Fastest Web Browser by kayc33(m): 9:49am On Jan 24, 2009
yep i think opera is d fastest, hav bin using opera since i got to know about it and i havnt found any faults innit, so i recommend opera to y'all. smiley
Re: The Fastest Web Browser by UNLEASHED(m): 12:40pm On Jan 24, 2009
Safari i think
Re: The Fastest Web Browser by adanny01(m): 3:11pm On Jan 24, 2009
From this poll, Opera is the fastest. I use it. I cannot consistently browse with any other than Opera. Its the best.
Re: The Fastest Web Browser by billgatexp(m): 3:18pm On Jan 24, 2009
talking about fast browsers, have any one tried browsers like, virtual explorer, flock browser
and sea monkey, they are faster than all u have mentioned,
Re: The Fastest Web Browser by lwise(m): 10:32am On Jan 27, 2009
opera is the fastest
Re: The Fastest Web Browser by heebakutty: 8:18am On Nov 04, 2011
google Chrome is the best browser, when i first downloaded it, my internet browsing was running at a lighting speed, i even checked my speed Ip-Details.com and it was normal 5Mbps too, i was using firefox which chocked my browsing capabilities .

1.when you close a tab, you are virtually terminating the process. This seams to have some interesting implications on the security of the browser
2.Google Chrome also implements a new privacy feature. They call it incognito. Basically if you browse while being in incognito mode, nothing ever gets logged.
3.Another interesting feature which I need to mention is that popups are not blocked but they open in a minimized window.
4.It has a very simple design, which allows us to browse faster than any internet browser out there.
Re: The Fastest Web Browser by JUO(m): 4:48pm On Nov 04, 2011
Safari is good for downloading in cafes where the admin is strict about downloading and bandwidth (u can hide the download window)
check this out http://www.mikrotik.com/

(1) (Reply)

Uk Used Lenovo Z50 7th Gen Laptop SOLD / should I buy Gilat Vsat 2ru Satnet Tecgnologies, how effective is Gilat ISP? / Laptop Does Not Detect Usb Modem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.