Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,434 members, 7,826,679 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

When Is Jesus Coming Back? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Is Jesus Coming Back? (1469 Views)

Is Jesus Coming Soon? / A Baby Girl Shows Sign Of Jesus Coming Soon / 8 Things Guys Do When/after Coming Back From Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Is Jesus Coming Back? by jedidiah2801(m): 11:08pm On Mar 01, 2015
Many Christian believed that Christ is coming back but over 2000 yrs ago the promise is Still hanging. can We share our view and readiness to receive Christ at His coming?
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? by LOVEGINO(m): 11:13pm On Mar 01, 2015
Very soon! But u might die b4 then sha.
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? by Cutehector(m): 11:18pm On Mar 01, 2015
On rapture day grin
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? by kestolove95(m): 11:33pm On Mar 01, 2015
Dox wey dey wait go wait tire
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? by jedidiah2801(m): 12:03am On Mar 02, 2015
LOVEGINO:
Very soon! But u might die b4 then sha.
what if i don't?
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? by Nobody: 12:22am On Mar 02, 2015
Yes but no one knows the time nor the day. We all need to be prepared at all times.

#TeamNeverAgain. ........................................buy 1GB MTN Data plan for N1,200 only. 30 days duration. Works in all devices (Andriod/iPhone, Phone or Modem). 24/7 services available. Also Convert Airtime to Cash (20% Processing Fee). Call: 08107873795. Thanks & God bless.
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? by LOVEGINO(m): 6:10am On Mar 02, 2015
jedidiah2801:

what if i don't?
u can't escape it!
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? by simplex2: 6:41am On Mar 02, 2015
One of the failed promises in the bible. See the verses below:

Matthew 16.28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Evidently, everyone in that congregation Jesus was referring to had died long-long ago.

Matthew 24.33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
24.34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

There again! Another failed promise! All generations present in the time of Jesus has all died. I know some folks will come here to rationalize these failed promises so let me bring out more verses from their bible:

Even the early appostles believed they will be alive and witness the rapture, just as you believe right now.

1 John 2.18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

Lol^^, that scripture was written 2,000yrs ago about anti-christ already being in existence and that it was already the end of time. Sounds familiar? Yes! Same thing we're hearing now!

1 Peter 4.7 But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.

^^Thats bro Peter. Who else is remaining? Opps, Paul! His own was even more embarrassing.

1 Thessalonians 4.16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
4.17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

^^Looolll!!!! Paul was so sure that he was gonna be alive to witness the rapture! Allelujah somborriii!!!

Now let me sit back and watch them try to rationalize this.
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? by jedidiah2801(m): 9:38am On Mar 02, 2015
LOVEGINO:
u can't escape it!
but as promised, He can come while I am alive
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? by jedidiah2801(m): 9:40am On Mar 02, 2015
simplex2:
Matthew 16.28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.
Evidently, everyone in that congregation Jesus was referring to had died long-long ago.
Matthew 24.33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
24.34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
There again! Another failed promise! All generations present in the time of Jesus has all died. I know some folks will come here to rationalize these failed promises so let me bring out more verses from their bible:
Even the early appostles believed they will be alive and witness the rapture, just as you believe right now.
1 John 2.18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
Lol^^, that scripture was written 2,000yrs ago about anti-christ already being in existence and that it was already the end of time. Sounds familiar? Yes! Same thing we're hearing now!
1 Peter 4.7 But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.
^^Thats bro Peter. Who else is remaining? Opps, Paul! His own was even more embarrassing.
1 Thessalonians 4.16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
4.17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
^^Looolll!!!! Paul was so sure that he was gonna be alive to witness the rapture! Allelujah somborriii!!!
But what of 2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? by simplex2: 10:08am On Mar 02, 2015
jedidiah2801:

But what of 2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Peter wrote that too After writing 1Pet 4:7 dude came back in 2 Pet to console himself. Read the words of Jesus himself and his promises about his second coming: you're gonna wait for ages like the previous generation waited.

And mind you, if the rationale behind the non-coming is the patience to ensure all men are saved, then that's the dumbest reason I've heard. The more the delay, the more people are getting enlightened and dropping religion like hot-coal.

So be patient and longsuffering, your master dey return with trumpet and horses and swords like a thief in the night

Make him no come when OPC and Bakassi dey on duty shaa, make dem no tidy am like the jews did before.
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? by LOVEGINO(m): 12:18pm On Mar 02, 2015
jedidiah2801:

but as promised, He can come while I am alive
u go wait tire!
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? by Charz3(m): 5:54pm On Mar 02, 2015
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? by johnydon22(m): 9:52pm On Mar 02, 2015

Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? by Weah96: 11:02pm On Mar 02, 2015
Tomorrow by 3 pm Lagos time. The thing was just revealed to me in a vision. But we can pray for him to give us more time.
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? by jedidiah2801(m): 10:05pm On Mar 03, 2015
Weah96:
Tomorrow by 3 pm Lagos time. The thing was just revealed to me in a vision. But we can pray for him to give us more time.
is that So?
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? by malvisguy212: 10:36pm On Mar 03, 2015
simplex2:

satan is manipulating you to do all this. The saints are not dead but sleeping>>>>>> 1 Thessalonians 4:15.According to the Lord's word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly NOT precede those who have fallen ASLEEP.

The saint's will see Him first;

1 Thessalonians 4:17 After that, we who are still alive and are
left will be caught up together with them(the saint's) in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

All the disciples that Jesus say "they will not test death" they are the saint's and bible make it clearly that they are sleeping.
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? by johnydon22(m): 10:50pm On Mar 03, 2015
malvisguy212:
satan is manipulating you to do all this. The saints are not dead but sleeping>>>>>> 1 Thessalonians 4:15.According to the Lord's word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly NOT precede those who have fallen ASLEEP.

The saint's will see Him first;

1 Thessalonians 4:17 After that, we who are still alive and are
left will be caught up together with them(the saint's) in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

All the disciples that Jesus say "they will not test death" they are the saint's and bible make it clearly that they are sleeping.

They are not dead but sleeping cheesy... hahahahahahahaha now this sleep is taking to long shaaa.

You try to convert the word dead to sleep but we all they are not the same..

They are bleeping dead and thats it.. the type of absurd beliefs you christians hold make people wonder if you ever even use you brains or just replaced it with one archaic book.

Why don't you address simplex posts because it was all from the bible and stop fooling yourself with they are sleeping when their bodies are already organic matters grin
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? by malvisguy212: 10:59pm On Mar 03, 2015
jedidiah2801:
Many Christian believed that Christ is coming back but over 2000 yrs ago the promise is Still hanging. can We share our view and readiness to receive Christ at His coming?
the scripture make it clear that no one
know the day or the hour of christ
return .but the bible dos say that we can know the time and season surrounding his coming,you may be thinking the usual saying like... So because disease and immorality are running rampant and because there are wars and rumors of war and we have had some few earthquake that jesus is comin soon ?
Yeah we've heard all that before. But
after studying the bible I discover somting interesting about the end of days. Please read.

my theory about the end of days started
when I read a verse in isaiah 46. It say
that God declare the end from the
beginning. A similar verse was in
isaiah48. This lead me to the creation
story in the book of genesis. As I study
the first chapter, I began to wonder, WHY IT TOOK GOD SIX DAYS TO CREATE THIS WORLD AND REST ON THE SEVENTH DAY,WHY WOULD HE TAKE SIX DAYS WHEN HE COULD HAVE CREATED THE WORLD IN ONE SECOND, IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE?

I started studying the word"day" and days" I discover some interesting passages that related to this. Maby God is indicating to us how much time man would have on earth .this is the
point, the bible especially the old
testament is full of foreshadowing. An
event that actually happen in history,
also picture somting coming in the future.
An example is the sacrifice of abraham
and isaac, that event actually happen,and it was also a picture of what God will do to his son jesus on the cross as an offering for the sin of the world. Now why will God take SIX days to create the world? Is this a picture of somting we need to know? I think it is.

In 2peter 3:8, the context was reffering to the second coming of jesus christ,the bible say that a one day with they Lord is as a thousand years and a thousand year is like a day.
Psalm 90. A thousand year in God sight is like yesterday.so could it be that the six days of creation were yo indicate to us the time man will spend on this earth would be about six thousand years?...the seventh day of rest picturing the thousand years millennia reign, when christ come back to set up is kingdom, the time of righteousness and peace.

Bible scholar have calculate from
the first man adam to the first comin of
christ to be 4000years,if that is the case
then we are could have been living at the end of what the new testament called THE LAST DAYS.now this is the issue. God deal with time in the bible, when God measure time He dose so by seven;
1.God created the world in seven days,
with the seven day bein for REST.
2according to the old testament law,the
jew were commanded to REST every
SEVEN days.
3.the seventh week after the passover,
they celebrated a big feast of REST.
4.the seventh month of were perhaps the most important when they celebrated three of there biggest feast of REST.
5.every seventh year was the year of
REST for the land.
6.every 49years ,seven times seven, they celebrated the year of jubilee, which is a year of REST for the land and liberty for the people.

so it made perfect sense to me that God would set up a seven thousand year period for man to occupy the earth, with the last thousand year being a time of REST when jesus come back to set up his earthly kingdom, as spoken in revelation20.I was right when I say God deal with time he dos so by
seven.the second coming of christ is the
most important day in God's calendar ,
he want us yo know the timing .
Hosea was a prophet in the old testament, in verse 6 of that book , hosea talk about isreal, God chosen nation, who was always rejecting God.the nation was going to be torn apart, but verse two say" after
two days will he revive us , the third day
he will raise us up and the we shall live
in his sight"what dos this mean? When
jesus come isreal reject him as there
messiah , so God scatter the nation of
isreal all over the world. For 1900 years
there is no nation of isreal but God say
after two days[ or 2000yrs] I will revive
thee, and you, isreal will live in my sight, the scatter isreal became a nation in the year 1948.this is important because God is reviving the nation of isreal and they are about to live in his sight when jesus come back to set up his earthly kingdom , have you ever meet a cannanite ? How about the amorite? No because these are
isreal enemies and God did not preserve them, the jew have been preserve because they are God chosen people and he shall fulfilled and keep his promise he made to them but the jew are still rejecting christ, for how long?after two days [or 2000years] I will revive thee and the third day you shall live in my sight.

The second coming event are about to
begin, I see the same foreshadowing in
exodus 19:11. God told isreal to clean up and wait for two days, the third day I'm coming down in the sight of they nation.

In john 11. Lazarus died a jew, jesus
waited for two days before he raise him
from death, this is a picture of how God
is about to turn his back from isreal for
the next two thousand years [or two
days] and start reach out for the rest of
the world through the new testament
church which he did. God dint just throw this stuff in the bible to wast
space ,maby am right , maby God is trying to tell us somtingn

In matthew17:1 say that jesus tool peter, james and john up to the mountain, apart from the rest, did
the thing we want to know happen up
there? Yes.jesus transfigured before
them and the are giving a preview of his
second coming glory, now the first word
of the verse was "after six days" why did
God throw this in? To waste space? Or is
God trying to tell us somtin that we need to know?note:the time from adam to jesus is 4,000years[4days] the time of the church period is two thousand years
[2days] so could this mean after 6000yrs
[6days] God will revive isreal and fulfill
his promise he made to them? Hmmm
am I reading to much . If am right,
BROTHERS WE ARE LIVING IN THE END
OF DAYS. REPENT. THANK YOU.
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? by malvisguy212: 11:04pm On Mar 03, 2015
johnydon22:

They are not dead but sleeping cheesy... hahahahahahahaha now this sleep is taking to long shaaa.

You try to convert the word dead to sleep but we all they are not the same..

They are bleeping dead and thats it.. the type of absurd beliefs you christians hold make people wonder if you ever even use you brains or just replaced it with one archaic book.

Why don't you address simplex posts because it was all from the bible and stop fooling yourself with they are sleeping when their bodies are already organic matters grin

1 Corinthians 1:27
Instead, God chose things the world
considers foolish in order to shame those who think they are wise. And he chose things that are powerless to shame those who are powerful.
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? by Horus(m): 11:41pm On Mar 03, 2015
Christians claim that heaven is further than the furthest star, and that is where jesus went with his father to prepare a place for you, right. Remember, John 14:2 “In my father's house are many mansions, I go to prepare a place for you.” However, if you look at the possibility of jesus coming back , the furthest star away from Earth is billions of light years away. Therefore, in actuality, jesus still didn't get to heaven. There's no way he could be on his way back

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? by Weah96: 2:12am On Mar 04, 2015
He neva come yet? OK, the prayers must have worked. We've been granted a moment of reprieve.
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? by Nobody: 3:57am On Mar 04, 2015
It is childish to see adults taking the stories of Jesus more than a pinch of salt. It is a waste of time to even debate it. But hey that is the crazy world we live in today.
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? by johnydon22(m): 7:26am On Mar 04, 2015
malvisguy212:
1 Corinthians 1:27
Instead, God chose things the world
considers foolish in order to shame those who think they are wise. And he chose things that are powerless to shame those who are powerful.

You really need to start using your brain instead of letting an archaic book do your thinking for you...

It has so made your actual brain useless that you now take fairy tale as reality and reality as fairy tale..
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? by pastorwilly(m): 8:18am On Mar 04, 2015
That question is fertish,what you av to do is to repent and be guneinly born again,not start to ask u reasonable questions :PNawo oooh nigerian police una to much ohh
But come ooh wetin dis man do way make dis police man dey treat am like dis?[color=#000099][/color]
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? by pastorwilly(m): 8:19am On Mar 04, 2015
That question is fetish,what you av to do is to repent and be guneinly born again,not start to ask u reasonable questions :PNawo oooh nigerian police una to much ohh
But come ooh wetin dis man do way make dis police man dey treat am like dis?[color=#000099][/color]
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? by jedidiah2801(m): 9:36am On Mar 04, 2015
Consider this piece friend:
Good evening beloved, I was engaged in a
discussion with one of our church member today
(11/02/2015) & she narrated a vision she saw on
7th Feb. 2015 to me. I knew that the coming of our
saviour is very imminent. " I saw myself in a big
hall, either to write exam or to receive lectures and
suddenly I saw my sister makes a transaction with
some girls and they gave her money but the money
is unclean according to the scene. She gave me the
money and I took it. Afterward, I went into a room
and I saw a bell hanged but no string held it to the
ceiling. The bell was jingled few mins I entered into
the room and immediately heaven was open, men
changed and started moving upward. The people
that was raptured were very few. Some even gets
white garment to cover themselves but nothing
happened. Not to long someone came to her to ask
if there is a tatoo on her arm? She said no and they
told her to get one. The sun withdrew and
everywhere became dark, stars were falling and
everywhere turns to darkness."
Hmmmm! Beloved, don't joke with the coming of the
Lord Jesus. He will soon appear. We are in the very
last days of the last day. Enjoy your night.
Maranatha.
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 05, 2015
ATTENTION!!! please God NEVER rested on the SEVENTH day......

He says ...." I created the heaven and earth in 6 days,but rose unto my throne in the 7th day.... I never rested because NO fatigue befell me.
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Mar 05, 2015
I seriously doubt it, if the CHRISTIANS would accept JESUS when he's return. Because his sayings and teachings shall be ISLAMIC.....lie?

Imagine you running to meet JESUS with open hands and he welcome you...saying.."SALAM ALAYKUM, SALAM ALAYKUM". Be Just, how wld you react?

Hmmm definitely, he couldn't utter such? check.....'john 20:21'

FOOD FOR THOUGHT
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? by ladon1: 8:49pm On Mar 05, 2015
@simplex2, Your ignorance knows no bounds. He comes in his kingdom in the heart of rebbelious sinner and he reigns in his kingdom in the heart of saved sinners . His kingdom ain't physical but spiritual and that prophecy came to pas on the day of pentecost. You better drop your weapon of warfare and bow to the master Jesus before he comes.
When is Christ coming back?
Simple. When his saints have all come to repentance from their old nature and have been totally cleansed by his blood. We are the saints and we are still going through that process of daily sanctification until we come to the same unity of faith unto the measure of statue of Christ. Simple.
Re: When Is Jesus Coming Back? by Tampinu(m): 10:49am On Mar 20, 2019
jedidiah2801:

Jesus is already here!
Read Revelation 21:3 and 22:4

(1) (Reply)

Quran Reading Full Al Quran Mp3 For Android / Questions For Men /women Of God ONLY / Sai Baba! Igbo Christian Converts To Islam For Buhari In Benue State [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.