Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Advice Needed: Best Value For Money Laptop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Advice Needed: Best Value For Money Laptop (1453 Views)

Cerber3 Ransome Virus: The Virus That Fries Ur System Files And Asks For Money / Advice Needed On Laptop Selection / Stop!!! Dont Throw It Away, All Old Gadgets Have A Value (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed: Best Value For Money Laptop by nwanioma(f): 10:33am On Mar 02, 2015
Dear Techies,

Please i am in the market for a new laptop. My uses include viewing and editing pictures, word processing, am not so into gaming so no need for really heavy graphics. I would like to know the best value i could get for my money generally, I have a budget of abt 100K. I would appreciate any help I can get to point me in the right direction. Might be willing to pay a little more than the 100k. Thanks

Or if you recently bought a laptop n its serving you really well pls lemme know the name and price.
Re: Advice Needed: Best Value For Money Laptop by nwanioma(f): 4:33pm On Mar 02, 2015
na wa oo
Re: Advice Needed: Best Value For Money Laptop by Frankdamaxx(m): 8:57pm On Mar 02, 2015
Was following the thread thinking I'll get some useful comments. Also need a laptop. Your budget is okay though. From what I have been seeing around you may spend less.
Re: Advice Needed: Best Value For Money Laptop by HyDef(m): 9:27pm On Mar 02, 2015
Check out this Dell for 104k.

www./dell-inspiron-14z-ultrabook-intel-core-i31.8ghz-6gb-ram-500gb32gb-ssd-14-inch-windows-8-red-colour-44125.html

The specs get a thumbs up from me.

You could get this HP for under a 100 too.

www./hp-250-g3-intel-core-i3-1.7ghz-4gb-500gb-windows-8.1-64bit-notebook-black-182709.html

Basically though, I prefer the Dell. An SSD for that price is a snatch. 6GB of RAM as well, although they both have i3 processors.
Re: Advice Needed: Best Value For Money Laptop by nwanioma(f): 9:28am On Mar 03, 2015
HyDef:
Check out this Dell for 104k.

www./dell-inspiron-14z-ultrabook-intel-core-i31.8ghz-6gb-ram-500gb32gb-ssd-14-inch-windows-8-red-colour-44125.html

The specs get a thumbs up from me.

You could get this HP for under a 100 too.

www./hp-250-g3-intel-core-i3-1.7ghz-4gb-500gb-windows-8.1-64bit-notebook-black-182709.html

Basically though, I prefer the Dell. An SSD for that price is a snatch. 6GB of RAM as well, although they both have i3 processors.

Thanks i think i prefer the HP sha, because of the full qwert keyboard. Does dell have warranty here in Nigeria? But can my budget get me any touchscreen laptop? smiley
Re: Advice Needed: Best Value For Money Laptop by HyDef(m): 11:56am On Mar 03, 2015
You can get a touchscreen laptop for that price, but you are sacrificing significant performance. Imagine a dual core 1Ghz processor, or 1 or 2 GB of RAM. That's what you'd be getting in a touchscreen at that price. And most likely a mini, with a small keyboard.

/inspiron-core-i3-touchscreen-1401785/

Still a Dell, and I'm not sure about that warranty. They have authorized distributors in Lagos if that means anything. Appears to be full-sized though. And the specs are okay for that price, although it's 110k.

/asus-vivobook-f200la-ct013h-core-i3-4gb-500gb-hdd-11-6-inch-windows-8-touchscreen-laptop-1100626/

Konga says this one comes with a 2 year warranty, but ASUS doesn't have domestic offices, so the warranty will probably be handled by Konga themselves. It's a mini though.

EDIT: The links aren't showing properly. There is meant to be www.konga.c om in front of the slashes. Don't know why it's disappearing. Just bear with me and pop it in front of the links I put.
Re: Advice Needed: Best Value For Money Laptop by nwanioma(f): 3:17pm On Mar 03, 2015
HyDef:
You can get a touchscreen laptop for that price, but you are sacrificing significant performance. Imagine a dual core 1Ghz processor, or 1 or 2 GB of RAM. That's what you'd be getting in a touchscreen at that price. And most likely a mini, with a small keyboard.

/inspiron-core-i3-touchscreen-1401785/

Still a Dell, and I'm not sure about that warranty. They have authorized distributors in Lagos if that means anything. Appears to be full-sized though. And the specs are okay for that price, although it's 110k.

/asus-vivobook-f200la-ct013h-core-i3-4gb-500gb-hdd-11-6-inch-windows-8-touchscreen-laptop-1100626/

Konga says this one comes with a 2 year warranty, but ASUS doesn't have domestic offices, so the warranty will probably be handled by Konga themselves. It's a mini though.

EDIT: The links aren't showing properly. There is meant to be www.konga.c om in front of the slashes. Don't know why it's disappearing. Just bear with me and pop it in front of the links I put.

Thanks. I think its a NL thing not to show the links full for "free advertising". Thanks on the information about the trade off.
Re: Advice Needed: Best Value For Money Laptop by HyDef(m): 3:39pm On Mar 03, 2015
nwanioma:

Thanks. I think its a NL thing not to show the links full for "free advertising". Thanks on the information about the trade off.

Oh, I see. That makes sense now.

No problem, any time. smiley
Re: Advice Needed: Best Value For Money Laptop by latestnaijagot(m): 2:06pm On Mar 04, 2015
buy cheap laptops and get it delivered to you within
Lagos. call 08173990082.newly imported,all brands
When people ask us which laptop is best for their needs, the
first thing we tell them is that there is no clear answer. There
are too many types of laptops and price ranges to suit those
different types of laptops. However, we do give people a
checklist that they should consider before splurging on a new
device.
1. Size: If portability is your main concern, then you need to
consider a notebook that has a small-ish screen and a light
weight. Any laptop marketed as an Ultrabook should fit your
bill here, as they are designed to be slim and light. More to
the point, though, look for a laptop with a screen that’s
12.5-13.3 inches in size, and a weight that is from 1-1.5kg.
2. Screen quality: You’ll be staring at your laptop for many
hours every day, so you want to make sure you get a screen
that is comfortable to look at. Many laptops these days also
have touchscreens, which means they are glossy. Glossy
screens lead to reflections, so consider a laptop that doesn’t
have a touchscreen.
Next, look at the resolution. A 1920x1080-pixel resolution
(aka Full HD) should be considered if you want plenty of space
to line up windows and keep things in view. Finally, the
viewing angles are extremely important. A laptop screen that
touts IPS (in-plane switching) technology offers the widest
viewing angles and the best user comfort.
Try not to buy blind. If possible, go into a store and see the
screen for yourself. Otherwise, rely on multiple reviews to get a
good overview of the product.
3. Keyboard quality: For long typing sessions, you must get a
laptop that has a comfortable keyboard. You don’t want to
get a keyboard that packs in every key under the sun (think
keyboards that have squished in number pads) because that
can translate to a poor overall user experience when hunting
for keys like the arrows.
You want a keyboard that has a comfortable layout with full-
sized keys and some space around the arrow keys. The keys
should have adequate travel on the downstroke and snappy
responsiveness when you let them go. Make sure the keyboard
is also backlit, so that you can type with an easier view on the
keys in dimly lit environments.
As with the screen, it helps to try before you buy, especially if
your main task will be typing.
4. CPU: It’s hard to go past any of Intel’s Core-based CPUs
when buying a new laptop. Think Core i3, Core i5, and Core
i7. These CPUs offer the best performance when it comes to
multitasking and multimedia tasks. Core i3-based notebooks
are generally found in entry-level systems, while Core i5
makes up the majority of mainstream computers.
Core i7-based systems are for those of you who want the
best performance from your laptop. However, note that with a
Core i7-based system, heat coming through the base of the
laptop can be cause for concern, especially if you plan to
actually use the laptop on your lap a lot of the time.
5. RAM: You need 4GB of RAM or more to get the best out of
your system. More RAM allows for more applications to be
run at the same time, and for more data to be quickly
accessible by the system at any one time, which comes in
handy for tasks such as editing photos.
6. Storage: Hard drives used to be all the rage, but these
days they are mostly out favour, especially for thin and light
laptops. This is because they can be slow, somewhat bulky,
and produce noticeable heat and noise. A solid state drive
(SSD), on the other hand, offers a lot more speed than a hard
drive, runs silently, and can be installed in a form factor that
doesn’t add too much to the weight and bulk of a laptop.

Re: Advice Needed: Best Value For Money Laptop by mcdokwe(m): 10:22pm On Mar 04, 2015
Gotten one yet @ Nwanioma?
Re: Advice Needed: Best Value For Money Laptop by iamlammy(m): 10:13am On Mar 05, 2015
U cn buy lenovo g50-70 on KONGA...15.6 INCHES,I TB HDD ,6gb ram with intel core i3 n 3 cell battery fr 94,500

(1) (Reply)

LCD Monitor For Sale / Unable To Connect PC To Wifi Hotspot. Says "No Internet" / Advise Me Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.