Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Best City In Nigeria To Live In? - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Best City In Nigeria To Live In? (49627 Views)

Drone Shots Of Aba Commercial City In Southeast Nigeria / Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa / A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by decode55(m): 9:25pm On Mar 02, 2015
cindicandy:
Please remove enugu from that list. enugu is a poor old reddish town with poor people. The list should go thus; Abuja, Ibadan, Calabar and maybe Uyo

Honestly, you're a bastard. A fat bastard undecided

2 Likes

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by abbas2(m): 9:31pm On Mar 02, 2015
It is unfortunate some of us do not know this.Please try Osogbo,Osun state and you will wish at least to come back if you will not want to relocate there . All the bigger cities here are not more peaceful than Osogbo which has witnessed a turn around by the present administration.
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 02, 2015
valmunich:

With all pleasure ma'am smiley

*Jumps down from my iroko tree
*Runs with the speed of Bolt..
*Arrives at location*
*Busts door open*
*jumps in bed*
The rest belongs to history grin
Buhahahhahahahhah this boy you funny die.grin

1 Like

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by mmsen: 9:48pm On Mar 02, 2015
RedBenson:

Are you in town currently and can you recommend good places you've eaten sharwama to someone apart from Crunchies at Marian road?

"Apples" (also on Marian Road) does good food, pretty sure they do shawarmas too.

There's another place (I think it's called "Fiesta", in between NAKS Hotel and the Airport road along Marian Extension, that also does great Shawarma.

Personally, I prefer to get suya from my Hausa friends next to Qua Iboe Church.

Calabar > *.
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Mar 02, 2015
sandzphield:

NYSC , u will receive 3060 as state alawee , cost of living as averagely cool ,accomodation is expensive ...
Ow much can a room cost, a moderate room for a corper??
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by horlabiyi(m): 9:52pm On Mar 02, 2015
lakesidepapa:
OSOGBO. Oroki Asala

Enjoy power for 18hours in a day

Tight security

Good tiled road network

Low cost of housing

Low cost of food

Lovely and friendly residents

Home of hotels, club houses and lots more...

Osogbo is lively......

Osogbo is just a glorified town not a CITY #EOD

1 Like

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by mmsen: 9:53pm On Mar 02, 2015
all4naija:
I completely agree with that statement.Images coming out of Nigerian cities are scary! angry cry

Don't be deceived by "images", go and see for yourself.

It's very lazy to take another person's opinion as fact.

1 Like

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Mar 02, 2015
Shubbylee:

Ability to find employment? NO!! people from these 3cities still travel all d way to lagos to look for jobs!! Enugu....NO water!! Calabar is the best of these three but too many bad gehls!! grin
Lool...doz girls if person no gv dem eye, Shey dem go kon disturb person ni.
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Emmydot90(m): 9:57pm On Mar 02, 2015
[b][/b] best city is bornu
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Yehman(m): 10:00pm On Mar 02, 2015
Lagos joor!
Here in lagos...
Stress is part of life.
Traffic is our best friend.
Alayes are like head of state.
We jump down 4rm buses while on motion. YES
We thread upon laws and abuse civil rights.
We have inner amplifier for noisy environs.
A place where Thiefnubuu, the change agent (according to APC) owns half of the state properties.

Before I forget pls, Keep ur CHANGE, ur CHANGE is unlike what u preach.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by TheFury: 10:04pm On Mar 02, 2015
I don't think its an issue of one city being the best over others. Its more of where you find your 'center of balance' in life. For some its Ibadan, some its calabar, others will always take Jos or Abuja. For some its Warri. But I take an exception to Lagos. Its not a place to live in. Apart from the huge economic opportunities, its about the toughest and craziest place to settle and raise a family. Just hustle and go back to less stressful cities. Where ever you find your balance.

1 Like

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by chidiebere2020(m): 10:06pm On Mar 02, 2015
Enugu

2 Likes

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Elmgnifico(m): 10:07pm On Mar 02, 2015
ONITSHA grin

1 Like

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Mar 02, 2015
mmsen:

Don't be deceived by "images", go and see for yourself.

It's very lazy to take another person's opinion as fact.
I have visited more than twice and Nigerian cities are scary. I like the forest and topography in some parts of the nation. The people fail to maintain the environment and that is the biggest thing that makes it looks very disturbing to the eyes. Jeez! angry angry angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by mmsen: 10:15pm On Mar 02, 2015
all4naija:
I have visited more than twice and Nigerian cities are scary. I like the forest and topography in some parts of the nation. The people fail to maintain the environment and that is the biggest thing that makes it looks very disturbing to the eyes. Jeez! angry angry angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry cry cry cry

Which cities did you visit?

Abuja? Calabar? Uyo?
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by mfm04622: 10:20pm On Mar 02, 2015
rhazur:
Minna

You want heat to finish his life?
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by amadice(m): 10:21pm On Mar 02, 2015
cindicandy:
Please remove enugu from that list. enugu is a poor old reddish town with poor people. The list should go thus; Abuja, Ibadan, Calabar and maybe Uyo
....were u from b.I.t.c.h...i guess Ur Yoruba...did any one ask u to analysis any city...Ur such a unless bafoon....after including Ur own list must u condemn to get attention?.... foool
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Mar 02, 2015
mmsen:

Which cities did you visit?

Abuja? Calabar? Uyo?
Lagos, Ibadan, some parts of Ogun, Aekure, some cities in Niger Delta,etc. Videos on Abuja are scary as well.
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by mfm04622: 10:22pm On Mar 02, 2015
Nazeeboy:
Come try Birnin-kebbi jare! It's the best!

That capital that look like a small town? No better eatery. What is good in Birnin Kebbi?
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Shubbylee(m): 10:24pm On Mar 02, 2015
jimmy4x:

Lool...doz girls if person no gv dem eye, Shey dem go kon disturb person ni.

dem go find u come house con Cook for u, Nack u scatter!!
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Donbabajay12(m): 10:25pm On Mar 02, 2015
mekybabe1:
Which Asaba? That village with the worst roads after Aba? Rainy season is a living he'll o. It shouldn't even make the top 100million in the world!
Exactly Asaba worse pass somalia nd haiti
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Mar 02, 2015
Alochigozie:
Area boys plenty for calabar oooo,killing here and there when cult rivals clash,I dont like calabar as people do

na anoda big wahala b ds one
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Mar 02, 2015
Shubbylee:

dem go find u come house con Cook for u, Nack u scatter!!
Lmao....tell me u r joking.....na by force to knack....??
Na me go kon chuk my D inside dere rotten nyash wey den don share around....God forbid bad tin.
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by mfm04622: 10:31pm On Mar 02, 2015
listenersky:
but are there employment opportunities in Ibadan?

A lot! Ibadan and Lagos may be the only viable cities in the Southwest (My opinion)
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by rickyamos: 10:31pm On Mar 02, 2015
You don burst my head
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Shubbylee(m): 10:32pm On Mar 02, 2015
jimmy4x:

Lmao....tell me u r joking.....na by force to knack....??
Na me go kon chuk my D inside dere rotten nyash wey den don share around....God forbid bad tin.

Lol see u!! when u're a Bachelor living alone and u see fine girl wey set wey wan cook for u, Nack u!! u wan run? na their mama go even send them sef!! just ask anybody wey do NYSC for that side!!
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by fatjo(m): 10:34pm On Mar 02, 2015
IYANGBALI:
I was tolded by a friend that abuja is too expenses
ah...blood of Jesus
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by mmsen: 10:34pm On Mar 02, 2015
all4naija:
Lagos, Ibadan, some parts of Ogun, Aekure, some cities in Niger Delta,etc. Videos on Abuja are scary as well.

I've never been to a part of Abuja that I would consider to be 'scary', do you recall where you went?

I'm no fan of Ibadan but parts of Lagos are beautiful - did you go to Ikoyi? VI? Lekki? Ikeja GRA?
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by farem: 10:36pm On Mar 02, 2015
Taylor86:
GEJ d transformer, always teaching APC how to tackle issues

APC where is buharis corpse.

How did/can some people pass comprehension passages in English Language?
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by HopeAtHand: 10:36pm On Mar 02, 2015
oneeast:
Livable cities are where more people are likely to move to due to economic reasons. If you think otherwise then leave Lagos, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan or Kano to Mambila in Taraba. No wonder there are more people in New York than New Hampshire.

Nigerians should stop deceiving themselves..if the op think that those places he mentioned are livable then he should leave economic cities but he will not because there is no economic basis for him to do so.

Livable cities implies a lot. there must be strong economic status for a city to be said to be livable, because if a city lacks economic status then it is not livable because there is no reasonable economy to support social status and lifestyle. That is why you find more people in economically viable cities than just a sleepy civil servants town.

You go school.

1 Like

Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Mar 02, 2015
Shubbylee:

Lol see u!! when u're a Bachelor living alone and u see fine girl wey set wey wan cook for u, Nack u!! u wan run? na their mama go even send them sef!! just ask anybody wey do NYSC for that side!!
Lwkm.....u no well o, abeg, baba God, I no wan go calabar go serve again....carry me go anoda better place.
me wey no dey take ds eye see fine girls wey set....my eye go don dey chuk anyhow....if dem carry me go dt kind place, my life don finish b dt.
Re: Best City In Nigeria To Live In? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Mar 02, 2015
nnewi

if you want to do business...

if you 're living on 100k salary. believe me u 'll live better than someone collecting 500k in Lagos...at d end of d month u 'll still 've 91k remaining...

transport. if a hear. just buy okada with like #80k. d tank na 4 litre u go use am go work for one week...but 20 litre for ur motor. U go use okada 300 from one end to the other...in 20 mins or 30

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Man Mistakenly Sends 130k To Bolt Driver Instead Of #1,300 (pictures) / The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) / Roads In Kano Looked Like This In 1970 (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.