Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

Beware Of People Following You Online - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Beware Of People Following You Online (843 Views)

How To Get More Twitter Followers Free Instantly Without Following Back / Can You Imagine Your Suitcase Following You Around Just Like A Puppy? / 9 Kinds Of People In Whatsapp Chat Groups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of People Following You Online by Fulaman198(m): 8:32pm On Mar 02, 2015
All your activities are constantly being watched and monitored by malicious people or those who wish to cause malice. For someone like me who has nothing to hide, I do find it annoying as well. I don't want people constantly following me about online (it's very stalkerish and creepy, it makes you think that whomever is doing so has serial killer tendencies). But enough of that

It's impossible to keep 100% anonymity on the web, but how do you keep yourself semi-anonymous? Well here are some suggestions.

1. Use the Tor browser. The Tor browser has built-in proxies that kind of hide your true IP address. I'm not going to go into too much detail as you can easily Google it, but it definitely helps against would be hackers and malicious people from constantly surveying you like idiots.

2. Use strong passwords and avoid sites that don't use SSL (httpssmiley typically speaking nowadays, most websites do use some form of SSL encryption. However, with the right certificates SSL can be broken/penetrated.

Most people who cause malice are governments themselves. They pretend to be the good guys but in reality are the bad guys. The only good guys are truly those who wish to protect and have good hearts. Keep all of this in mind and don't be fooled by false propaganda.

3 Likes

Re: Beware Of People Following You Online by Nobody: 3:23pm On Mar 21, 2015
Nice tip from an annoying fella...... undecided
Re: Beware Of People Following You Online by Funjosh(m): 6:04pm On Mar 21, 2015
Hmmmmm what of some like me that uses nokia3310 to browse
Re: Beware Of People Following You Online by Fulaman198(m): 12:38am On Mar 24, 2015
Funjosh:
Hmmmmm what of some like me that uses nokia3310 to browse

Just visit SSL encrypted websites.

(1) (Reply)

Check Out Pictures Of Aeromobil Flying Car / Differences Between A Solar System, Galaxy, Universe / 3-D Printing, How In The World Does This Work. Confused!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.