Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,858 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

3-D Printing, How In The World Does This Work. Confused! - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 3-D Printing, How In The World Does This Work. Confused! (844 Views)

Man Left Confused After Seeing This Rare Type Of Fish In Rivers State (photos) / Man Left Confused After Seeing This Rare Type Of Fish In Rivers State. Photos / Photo: Gun Or Smartphone? Users Don't Be Confused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3-D Printing, How In The World Does This Work. Confused! by Billyzone4: 7:35pm On Nov 10, 2015
I Have been confused since i heard the word 3-D Printing. How DoEs It Work, I Just Can't seem to understand the write ups when researching it. DoEs It Print Out Things With Its Own Printer? DoEs It Make Solid Objects? How The Hell It Works I CanT Fantom. So Am AskIng Anyone To Enlighten Me In This Aspect Of Technology. if possible with pictures of the damn printing machine. Thank You.
Ps; i would appreciate it a way i can understand in english. And Expert Answers Thanks Again.
Re: 3-D Printing, How In The World Does This Work. Confused! by Nobody: 10:27pm On Nov 10, 2015
first, i'd advice you to get some background on three dimensional geometry.

don't worry, it's quite easy and is in the secondary school curriculum.

1 Like

Re: 3-D Printing, How In The World Does This Work. Confused! by Incorrect: 8:32am On Nov 13, 2015
Haha, 3d printing is a way of creating objects using the process of additive manufacturing. Carving a piece of wood uses subtractive manufacturing 'cos you're subtracting parts from a big block of wood in order to form another object. So using that example, you should now know what i mean by additive manufacturing.
The 3d printer works on the same principles as a CNC mill, it also works on 3 axes- the X, Y and Z axes. A filament extruder which melts the plastic material follows these three axes in order to replicate a 3D design which you'll input from your computer. Then it presses it out from a tiny nozzle and arranges it layer by layer in order to form an object.
If you've got any other questions, by all means, do fire on cheesy cheesy
Re: 3-D Printing, How In The World Does This Work. Confused! by anochuko01(m): 10:23am On Nov 13, 2015
simply put, whatever you wanna ''print'' is first drawn on a computer with its software, the computer is connected to the 3-d printer, the machine then prints to specification. different materials are used but PVC and plastic are the most common
Re: 3-D Printing, How In The World Does This Work. Confused! by anochuko01(m): 10:27am On Nov 13, 2015
simply put, whatever you wanna ''print'' is first drawn on a computer with its software, the computer is connected to the 3-d printer, the machine then prints to specification. different materials are used but PVC and plastic are the most common.

(1) (Reply)

A&E Dunamis Xmas Offer! / Hitech: Razer Gaming Pc Has More Than 2 Screens / Whats The Mechanism Behind Sniper?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.