Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

Problems With Milk Intake - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Problems With Milk Intake (2113 Views)

I Solve Most Skin Problems With Jubilant Shea Butter / Man Who Produces Fake Peak Milk In Calabar Arrested By NAFDAC / Which Type Of Milk Should You Drink (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problems With Milk Intake by Nobody: 10:57pm On Mar 02, 2015
I have a problem with my milk intake. Every time I consume milk,no matter how little, it makes me release gas. It's becoming very embarrassing because I can't drink tea or take cereals because of milk. I looked it up on google and I found out I might be lactose intolerant. The problem is I didn't find enough information on how to solve it so I need advice from you guys. Thanks in advance!
Re: Problems With Milk Intake by Evina(f): 11:18pm On Mar 02, 2015
Sweetie, yep! You are lactose intolerant. I am beginning to think everyone is, lol. I not only fart incessantly when I consume whole milk, I also have a case of running stomach occasionally. Even when I take diary products, candy or biscuits with high percentage of milk. E.g shortbread.

The ONLY solution is to STOP taking milk! I mean you are lactose intolerant, meaning you body is not able to tolerate the sugar in milk.

Alternatively, you can reduce your intake per time or try skimmed milk.
Re: Problems With Milk Intake by Nobody: 8:49pm On Mar 18, 2015
Evina:
Sweetie, yep! You are lactose intolerant. I am beginning to think everyone is, lol. I not only fart incessantly when I consume whole milk, I also have a case of running stomach occasionally. Even when I take diary products, candy or biscuits with high percentage of milk. E.g shortbread.

The ONLY solution is to STOP taking milk! I mean you are lactose intolerant, meaning you body is not able to tolerate the sugar in milk.

Alternatively, you can reduce your intake per time or try skimmed milk.
thank you
Re: Problems With Milk Intake by kheart(m): 11:28am On Mar 19, 2015
Same here, I can't take anything that has milk witout farting unneccessarily. So I limit my intake but I somtimes take it along wit moi moi to ve a farting battle wit my younger brother @ night. grin

2 Likes

Re: Problems With Milk Intake by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 24, 2015
kheart:
Same here, I can't take anything that has milk witout farting unneccessarily. So I limit my intake but I somtimes take it along wit moi moi to ve a farting battle wit my younger brother @ night. grin
Lol

1 Like

Re: Problems With Milk Intake by Redoil: 8:18pm On Mar 24, 2015
Lactose intolerance has to do with the inability of the systerm to produce the needed enzymes to act ö the digestion.

1 Like

Re: Problems With Milk Intake by ryom(m): 10:17pm On Mar 24, 2015
@op, it is genetic. Most blacks lose ability to handle lactose once they reach adulthood except for the Fulanis. I don't know if readily available in Nigeria but there is lactose free milk which should help.
Re: Problems With Milk Intake by Nobody: 1:41pm On Mar 26, 2015
Op I doubt if there is a cure for lactose intolerance.
Avoid milk/milk products and you will be fine
Re: Problems With Milk Intake by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 24, 2015
ryom:
@op, it is genetic. Most blacks lose ability to handle lactose once they reach adulthood except for the Fulanis. I don't know if readily available in Nigeria but there is lactose free milk which should help.
thank u
Re: Problems With Milk Intake by gynny(f): 5:37pm On Jul 21, 2016
Symptoms of lactose intolerance occur when there isn’t enough lactase being produced by the body to digest the lactose that is consumed. The severity of symptoms varies in people and depends on the amount of lactose an individual can tolerate. Click on the link below to read more.
http://www.gigihealth.com/symptoms-of-lactose-intolerance-any-problems-with-taking-milk/
Re: Problems With Milk Intake by AideeSheks(m): 8:57am On Dec 23, 2016
I've also had this same problem for years. Had to give up on milk during my 3rd year in school. Imagine taking cereal early in the morning as you're rushing for a lecture only to get to the lecture hall to start releasing weapons of mass destruction grin . And in my case, I don't feel any relief unless I go to defecate.

I've tried many non-dairy alternatives some of which I will recommend.
- Soymilk:[/] Not the biggest fan of this but it's not too bad an option. You can try isomil (heads up, it's a baby formula). [b]On few occasions, I still got stomach upset after using this[/bq]
-[b]Coconut milk:
I find this quite a better option, and goes well with tea, oats, custard or pap. You can either buy in a supermarket or make yourself. Yes, you can make it yourself! Just get a piece of coconut, cut it into pieces and blend it. Then get a sieve and the water you extract out is your coconut milk. The disadvantage coconut milk has though is that it can't last too long. Maybe a maximum of about a week if you store in your refrigerator.
-Coffee Creamer: I stumbled upon this one recently and its personally my favourite option. The best alternative for the regular powdered milk. Goes very with tea and cereals.

Oh finally, if you still desire your good old dairy milk back, then the only other option is that you get lactase tables (provides your digestive system with the enzyme it needs to properly digest milk). Once you use the tablet right before taking milk, you won't feel any format of flatulence. But, I am yet to find a place where one can buy these tablets here in Nigeria.. This or you just live with the consequences grin
Re: Problems With Milk Intake by AideeSheks(m): 8:58am On Dec 23, 2016
I've also had this same problem for years. Had to give up on milk during my 3rd year in school. Imagine taking cereal early in the morning as you're rushing for a lecture only to get to the lecture hall to start releasing weapons of mass destruction grin . And in my case, I don't feel any relief unless I go to defecate.

- Soymilk: Not the biggest fan of this but it's not too bad an option. You can try isomil (heads up, it's a baby formula). On few occasions, I still got stomach upset after using this[/bq]
-[b]Coconut milk:
I find this quite a better option, and goes well with tea, oats, custard or pap. You can either buy in a supermarket or make yourself. Yes, you can make it yourself! Just get a piece of coconut, cut it into pieces and blend it. Then get a sieve and the water you extract out is your coconut milk. The disadvantage coconut milk has though is that it can't last too long. Maybe a maximum of about a week if you store in your refrigerator.
-Coffee Creamer: I stumbled upon this one recently and its personally my favourite option. The best alternative for the regular powdered milk. Goes very with tea and cereals.

Oh finally, if you still desire your good old dairy milk back, then the only other option is that you get lactase tables (provides your digestive system with the enzyme it needs to properly digest milk). Once you use the tablet right before taking milk, you won't feel any format of flatulence. But, I am yet to find a place where one can buy these tablets here in Nigeria.. This or you just live with the consequences grin
Re: Problems With Milk Intake by AideeSheks(m): 8:59am On Dec 23, 2016

- Soymilk: Not the biggest fan of this but it's not too bad an option. You can try isomil (heads up, it's a baby formula). On few occasions, I still got stomach upset after using this.
-Coconut milk: I find this quite a better option, and goes well with tea, oats, custard or pap. You can either buy in a supermarket or make yourself. Yes, you can make it yourself! Just get a piece of coconut, cut it into pieces and blend it. Then get a sieve and the water you extract out is your coconut milk. The disadvantage coconut milk has though is that it can't last too long. Maybe a maximum of about a week if you store in your refrigerator.

Re: Problems With Milk Intake by AideeSheks(m): 9:00am On Dec 23, 2016

- Soymilk: Not the biggest fan of this but it's not too bad an option. You can try isomil (heads up, it's a baby formula). On few occasions, I still got stomach upset after using this.
-Coconut milk: I find this quite a better option, and goes well with tea, oats, custard or pap. You can either buy in a supermarket or make yourself. Yes, you can make it yourself! Just get a piece of coconut, cut it into pieces and blend it. Then get a sieve and the water you extract out is your coconut milk. The disadvantage coconut milk has though is that it can't last too long. Maybe a maximum of about a week if you store in your refrigerator.

Oh finally, if you still desire your good old dairy milk back, then the only other option is that you get lactase tables (provides your digestive system with the enzyme it needs to properly digest milk). Once you use the tablet right before taking milk, you won't feel any form of flatulence. But, I am yet to find a place where one can buy these tablets here in Nigeria.. This or you just live with the consequences grin

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Caesarean Session/ Vaginal Birth, Which Is More Beneficial??! Read!!! / People Call Me Witch Because Of Alopecia (complete Loss Of Hair) - Jasmine Ogunb / Naija Nurse Based In USA Who's Hands And Legs Was Cut Due To Covid-19 Vaccine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.