Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? (24671 Views)

10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer / Please Help Me, I'm About To Be Stranded. / NBC Offer And Access Bank Offer, Which One Should I Go For Please? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by Jennifer89(f): 8:01am On Mar 03, 2015
don't miss this opportunity o! coz life after service is not nice at all. As for me, I'm still searching for a job.
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by bussy2020(m): 8:05am On Mar 03, 2015
You don't have a problem @ all. Grab your job and get ursef worked to serve wia u have bin employed.
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by kriskristyne(f): 8:07am On Mar 03, 2015
Taking the job. You can buy ur way through nysc just like people have advised you and happy birthday
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by Festorich(m): 8:12am On Mar 03, 2015
Are u a learner....I have a friend who is currently out of the country buh he's currently serving...abi nor be 9ja way ex-corpers dey find work like crude oil..
Fu*k NYSC go for the job...
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by johnbimbo12(m): 8:14am On Mar 03, 2015
kriskristyne:
Taking the job. You can buy ur way through nysc just like people have advised you and happy birthday
many thanks
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by omojerry: 8:15am On Mar 03, 2015
My #1 advice don't serve in the company to avoid unnecessarily raised eyebrows, Activate Ur Ghost corper mode somewhere close. Parting with part/all of Ur allowee won't be hard if u're not greed.

2 Likes

Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by johnbimbo12(m): 8:19am On Mar 03, 2015
Please who has an idea of how rivers state ppa works? Cos I was informed they don't post people to companies.
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 8:26am On Mar 03, 2015
disloman:
Bro!go 4 ur service,d cert is urs 4eva bt d job?it comes n goes.
Nigerians and paper mentality. So He should seat down and start chewing the certificate after Nysc abi.

1 Like

Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 8:30am On Mar 03, 2015
Evrtything is workable in naija
It will only cost you some bucks

1 Like

Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 8:31am On Mar 03, 2015
Burger01:

Exception discharge certificate. This is mostly for graduates above 30years of age. As long as it is any certificate from NYSC, no problem. Mind you still, no serious company will employ you without one. In my own opinion, I will say to the Op to proceed for the NYSC and engage in professional certifications in his field while still serving. By the time he is done with his service, he has his NYSC plus his professional certification. Now, he has turned out good and very employable. IMHO.

That is your own opinion but i must tell you, thousands (if not millions) have all that you've said, even more and still are not employed. Job opportunity is one thing to look forward to and qualification is another. You dont just aim at qualification without considering opportunity.

If the opportunity is not there, believe me no matter how qualified you may be, you wont ge a job. That's it!

1 Like

Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by teeboy2110(m): 8:39am On Mar 03, 2015
Stay on ur job n go 4 ur nysc 3 weeks training after d training talk to ur local government nysc inspector n ur alawy go share witin both.
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by greggng: 8:46am On Mar 03, 2015
If you re sure u re getting the job , try make sure you influence your posting to port harcourt. When you re in ph . Try know ur lgi. Local govt inspector.and ur problem is over. If u re posted to a school , ur principal will take ur state allawee to ensure ur monthly clearance is given to u. The federal allawee will be shared btw u and ur lgi. U can only visit ur local govt area where u guys sign pv every month for clearance. All this won't affect ur work just one day off. Alternatively simply get a rejection letter from ur ppa and take it to ur lgi with and acceptance letter from ur new ppa which doubles as ur work place. In any case the lgi will share ur allawee with u. You won't benefit from state allawee since u re gonna service a private org

1 Like

Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by Johnbosco77(m): 8:58am On Mar 03, 2015
why ask us? Na u be d first person wey de dis kind " fix" just do d needful or better asK Google. period!
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 9:11am On Mar 03, 2015
johnbimbo12:
Hello house,

I'm in a fix and I need your advice.

I did my IT (Industrial Training) two years ago in an oil company in Port Harcourt, spent 8 months there. Now I'm a B.Tech graduate, going to serve with 2015 batch A of NYSC.

This evening I read a message from my supervisor (back then at the company) that there's an opening in the office that she's about discussing with the division manager to fill me in. She's aware I'm a graduate now, but she doesn't know of my NYSC status (yet).

The opening is actually by July 2015, of which NYSC camp starts on May 5.

The reason she prefers me is because of my experience with the company, even as an IT student back then. A friend of mine that we did internship together in the company is already working there now, and the pay is well into the six figures arena.

The company, from what I've discovered when I was with them, actually prefers employing people that have worked with them in one capacity or the other before, that's why my friend could easily fill in (with just ND, he's even yet to do his HND). And that's also the reason my supervisor wants me there.

I'd initially decided I won't influence my posting, but even if I do, what are the chances that my PPA will be that company? (I'm quite aware Rivers state corps members are majorly deployed to schools though).

I'm yet to discuss this issue with my supervisor, cos I don't have a perfect explanation yet.

What do you think I can do? Should I just say no? If I do, I stand the chance of entering their 'black book'. This company doesn't enjoy people turning down their offers (From experience), hence, they might not accept you in the future even if you apply for a job telling them you've worked with them before.

Mature and practicable advice please. Thanks in anticipation.
...there are good luck and bad luck.everybody makes their own luck-you should redeploy,then work your posting that company..

1 Like

Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by blakky97(m): 9:12am On Mar 03, 2015
johnbimbo12:
Hello house,

I did my IT (Industrial Training) two years ago in an oil company in Port Harcourt, spent 8 months there. Now I'm a B.Tech graduate, going to serve with 2015 batch A of NYSC.

This evening I read a message from my supervisor (back then at the company) that there's an opening in the office that she's about discussing with the division manager to fill me in. She's aware I'm a graduate now, but she doesn't know of my NYSC status (yet).

The reason she prefers me is because of my experience with the company, even as an IT student back then. A friend of mine that we did internship together in the company is already working there now, and the pay is well into the six figures arena.

The company, from what I've discovered when I was with them, actually prefers employing people that have worked with them in one capacity or the other before, that's why my friend could easily fill in (with just ND, he's even yet to do his HND). And that's also the reason my supervisor wants me there.

I'd initially decided I won't influence my posting, but even if I do, what are the chances that my PPA will be that company? (I'm quite aware Rivers state corps members are majorly deployed to schools though).

I'm yet to discuss this issue with my supervisor, cos I don't have a perfect explanation yet.

What do you think I can do? Should I just say no? If I do, I stand the chance of entering their 'black book'. This company doesn't enjoy people turning down their offers (From experience), hence, they might not accept you in the future even if you apply for a job telling them you've worked with them before.

run ur postting to rivers state.
get a school for ur ppa
render all your allowee to the principal
tell him you are working and wont be coming
let him sign your clearance form every month and take allowee
resume work.
mind you.
my friend has his nysc cert.
if you ask me where he was when we were serving
ild tell you: he was in london.
this is nigeria
run shows before buharu comes.
by then.
it will be too late.
bye.

2 Likes

Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by horladmejy(m): 9:25am On Mar 03, 2015
Good...grab something from all that opinion...wanna chill out of d country n Nysc batch 2015 seems to b what popsy say I should grab befor leaving....have been thinking about this too..specifically was going to playball out of d country...and I *must* hav the Nysc certificate by force...cos we fit say na ball make we use our certificate pull better job out there...any more opnion

1 Like

Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by iGeneral: 9:59am On Mar 03, 2015
There's a yoruba proverbs that says: on wowo lo, o pade iyi lona. To ba lowo oun iyi loo fi ra. Meaning: you are on a journey in search of wealth but encounter goodwill on the way. If you actually make money, you will still end up spending it purchasing goodwill.

1 Like

Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by simplepat: 10:17am On Mar 03, 2015
If dere is a way yu can influence ur posting to ph and also talk to ur L.I den ur safe if dere is no way u can influence it anywhere dey post yu to yu jst talk to ur LMI still to be a ghostworker bt it mite cost yu ur alawi

1 Like

Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by Jamessilver24: 10:20am On Mar 03, 2015
do all ya best to serve in rivers n work ur ppa to a rural area, discuss wit d principal n dont tell them u work in oil company...all it will cost is money.... n dont you for any reason...i repeat..for any reason turn down a job offer when u have even graduated.... hug d offer i beg

1 Like

Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by samuelson06(m): 10:26am On Mar 03, 2015
femidejulius:
This is Nigeria. Anything is possible. Work your nysc posting to the state and later the city that company is located. Try to work your PPA to that company. If it doesn't work, make arrangements to serve in absentia(Lots do so) while you work there. If that doesn't work, don't go for nysc and take up dt job. Nvr for any reason miss that job. Unemployment is real in Nigeria. The country don't compensate dos who try to follow the rules. So, make your rules and become successful.

Good luck! (not the good luck Goodluck has showered on us)

I love this comment so much. In fact, I have been in this dilemma for sometime now. Today, am attending an interview and my friend trying to link me up has warned that I won't have to leave the office for anything once am employed. Meanwhile, am supposed to join Batch B this year. I have accepted never to serve again. The job would be paid 80k a month. It's an NGO and am sure to have some good experience with them. My mates are against the idea saying it'll affect me in future for not serving Nigeria and at the same time they that have served, some are still at home because there's no job to even hunt for in the state and again nobody is ready to employ them due to lack of experience while others take up peanut jobs in other states. I asked myself: do these guys want me to serve then end up like them? I'm just with my God in this life and I have seen that no one cares to help, not even to help pass your CV to authorities. They only care about their immediate family members. Yes, immediate family in it's true meaning except just a few. I have told my friends that I'll never be disadvantaged in this life just because of one nonsense NYSC. I'm taking up this job and moving on with my life. The Lord is my strength. Whatever hurdle comes up in future due to failure to have served, the Lord would turn it to my advantage. Thanks for strengthening me with your comment.

3 Likes

Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by gidado14(m): 10:31am On Mar 03, 2015
johnbimbo12:
Hello house,

GUY Bleep NYSC GO FOR YOUR JOB IF NOT U WILL LOOK FOR JOB AFTER NYSC ,
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by Skoopy(m): 10:37am On Mar 03, 2015
femidejulius:
This is Nigeria. Anything is possible. Work your nysc posting to the state and later the city that company is located. Try to work your PPA to that company. If it doesn't work, make arrangements to serve in absentia(Lots do so) while you work there. If that doesn't work, don't go for nysc and take up dt job. Nvr for any reason miss that job. Unemployment is real in Nigeria. The country don't compensate dos who try to follow the rules. So, make your rules and become successful.

Good luck! (not the good luck Goodluck has showered on us)

I wish I could meet with you one on one, for the bolded, you deserve some bottles of beer.

2 Likes

Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by Propti1: 10:43am On Mar 03, 2015
[b][/b]To all those counseling to take d job and manipulate NYSC, hope u know u are advertising CORRUPTION

[i]To all those counseling to take d job and manipulate NYSC, hope u know u are advertising CORRUPTION

[/i]To all those counseling to take d job and manipulate NYSC, hope u know u are advertising CORRUPTION
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by Propti1: 10:46am On Mar 03, 2015
Soon they will say GEJ is corrupt.

Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 10:50am On Mar 03, 2015
Have u heard of service extension or complete remobilization?
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by Jaynaira: 10:58am On Mar 03, 2015
Accept the job and Work your posting in this pattern. Rivers->PH->LGA(Council HQ) the coy is located. Those serving at LGA councils virtually do nothing other than sleep at work.U can then go to your company after settling your LG office people.More importantly,DO THIS BEFORE GMB IS SWORN IN.
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by MRUNN(m): 11:29am On Mar 03, 2015
Take the job and work your service to the company.
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by Safari29: 11:30am On Mar 03, 2015
Well from experience, actually what I did. pls defer your nysc till the next batch ther is no late comer in nysc, accept the offer and settle in with them. fraternised yourself with the staff, let them know u ll be going for your nysc and would still want to work with them. manourver ur posting to portharcourt or nearby state, settle with clo lgi and prispa, u are good to go. May the Lord make it easy for you
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by toprealman: 11:37am On Mar 03, 2015
GUY BE SMART. WHATEVE YOU DO MAKE SURE YOU GOLD ON TO THAT JOB
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 03, 2015
One fatal flaw with every Nigerian is wanting to eat their cake and have it back.

Poster first things first, why do you want to go for NYSC?

Do you understand its purpose?

Do you think it is relevant to you?

If the job is so lucrative, and you are willing to forgo your NYSC certificate, then make the choice.
Nairaland is full of hypocrites who speak from both sides of their mouth, one moment they are condemning GEJ
The other moment they are advising corruption at its highest level, in an open forum without any remorse.

The truth is bitter my brother, but I will advise you talk with your supervisor, the reality is that you have a difficult choice to make

If you find a way to go round the situation, and get both, that would be fantastic, but the way I see it is, dialogue and get advice from your supervisor.

You could forgo NYSC altogether, but it could also come back to bite you in future, if eventually you get any where near govt.

1 Like

Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by ulster: 11:44am On Mar 03, 2015
johnbimbo12:
Hello house,

Similar case in my time. What I did, was allow the recruitment process to go on, took the offer and mentioned that I am still a corper. What it did was i had a contract with the firm-then Prudent Bank. The offer was made in Nov, but i didnt resume till march the next year. So let your former boss that I keen on taking up employments options with the coy, collect and accept your offer from HR and then go back to your boss to inform her that you will be proceeding to do your NYSC, once the offer has been made and accepted, it will be difficult to withdraw it.
God Bless!
Re: Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? by Ukeachu1(m): 11:54am On Mar 03, 2015
so many foolish pple here. na wa o. yet if u ask them, they won work for shell and chevron. ina neva see something. if u can combine d job and nysc . pls do. if u can't , do your nysc first. or ten years from now u'll be crying am just a contract staff. they treat me badly. if u feel uv really got stuff, no let any company abuse(u mite tink they are using) u . and most importantly don't listen to failures. bottom line is just know ur worth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Much Does The CBN Pay? / The Second Largest Employer Of Labour In Lagos State / Age Discrimination In Government Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.