Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,829 members, 7,831,693 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (894695 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Beryl15: 1:58pm On Jul 14, 2015
chiteny:

Did you make any doctor (s) appointment or payments prior to travelling?
No, just email correspondence on their costs.
I have two hospitals in mind and plan to visit them tomorrow before settling for one.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dyout: 2:08pm On Jul 14, 2015
I GOT THIS FROM THE FORUM SOMETIME AGO. KINDLY CHECK IF IT IS HELPFUL

In the spirit of giving back. Here is my birth story.
I gave birth to my baby girl March 17th at United memorial medical
center, batavia New York through C.S. Stayed in the hospital 3 days
for all. The hospital offers a 60% automatic discount for self pay. Got
my bill for 3947.69 for mother and 1407 for the child, total of 5354.
Doctor's fee for ante natal and delivery was 1499.4 (I was scheduled
for natural delivery with a mid wife but had to go for c-section last
minute, which included a doctor in the package. The fee above also
include all the meal I had for 3 days. The service was awesome,
everyone including the doctor's were very friendly, nice and
professional.
I let them know before I delivered that I was going back to Naija in
less than a month after delivery so they could process my birth cert
and bills on time.
I filled the birth cert form before I gave birth and gave them baby's
name on delivery. They filled for the cert on friday, I called the
county's office on Tuesday and I was told it was mailed to me the
monday after that friday. I guess they used regular mail cos I didn't
get it that week, went to their office the following Monday, paid 10$
for another copy which I usedto apply for her passport. I paid 165$
for the passport and got it sameday. I mailed her passport to the
agent for the Naija visa for 342$ (Tanko hardly picked his calls, felt
safer using a company's service). They got the passport Tuesday
Morning, got the visa same day and mailed it back to me. I got the
passport the next day Wednesday. I have gotten my zero balance letter
from the hospital. Leaving for Naija today.
Hope this helps someone.

Yonkers:
Thanks to very one for their contributions.
Am currently in new york and am due next month. Gone round some hospitals and it's quiet strange to them that I don't want any insurance even when they strongly feel I qualify because am pregnanT.

It took me time to convince My uncle am sTaying wiTh the legal inplications of Medicare. He even registered me and they sent the documents to the house. I had to call them to cancel it that I don't need it.

Now am attending atenatal at the community health hopital and was told that on the day of delivery I will use mont vernons hospital that's were they do delivery and all my records will be sent to them. Hope to see a doctor this week. Yet to know the cost.

plssssss does any body no about the hospital? One of the social workers that I met said a lady had CS for 5000$ at Jacobi hospital in Yonkers. Plsssss does any one know about the hospital and how much normal delivery will cost.

Also any other hospital with good cost between 2-3000$ will be fine.

Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by jyde2014: 2:18pm On Jul 14, 2015
@ Yonkers;
I'll suggest you contact Jacobi Hospital directly to be sure of what you're getting into. (Jacobi Medical centre 1400 Pelham Parkway South
Bronx, New York 10461 General Info: (718) 918-5000). All the best.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by detuns: 2:35pm On Jul 14, 2015
Phema:

And what are you doing here? Are you pregnant? grin

Hi there!

hi phema. Please I urgently need to contact you for some clarifications. If you do not mind . Can u please send a mail to detuns@yahoo.com so I can directly message you. Please
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Yonkers: 2:39pm On Jul 14, 2015
Many thanks. I will go Jacobi today. Pls do you have any information that can guide me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by jyde2014: 3:45pm On Jul 14, 2015
Yonkers:
Many thanks. I will go Jacobi today. Pls do you have any information that can guide me.
Nothing really my sister, just tell them you aren't on any insurance plan and you will be paying cash for your labour and delivery. All the best, and please kindly update the house on any development. thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 14, 2015
detuns:

hi phema. Please I urgently need to contact you for some clarifications. If you do not mind . Can u please send a mail to detuns@yahoo.com so I can directly message you. Please

Seen.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 5:22pm On Jul 14, 2015
@ozycy and @teeboy95 have u made up ur mind which hospital?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 5:24pm On Jul 14, 2015
@yonkers na so u travel and u no gist us ur Poe waka...

We r watching u in 3D. shocked undecided

I have one hospital I won't give u and info tongue tongue
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 5:30pm On Jul 14, 2015
Ok after much research I've not still found any hospital in Houston that's less than 6k or even 5,500 sef without hidden charges...

Dr fees + Hosp fees+ lab( pre and post delivery) + epidural + circumcision + pedo fees
In short plus every gadamm fees wink

My DH thinks my alalaroro for this hospital matter is too much but abeg U can't blame me

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by emeldamicheals: 6:42pm On Jul 14, 2015
Hello fellow naira landers. ..
I am not new to nairaland but new to giving birth in the US. I just found out I am pregnant and we are planning to give birth in US which will be between february/march next year.

I have a B1/B2 Visa with my kids and mum which we used to travel last year august for hollidays/ Uncle's anniversary.
The visa will expire in April 2016 but I intend to renew them soon through drop box.

How early can I renew my visa? Can I renew it before it expires through drop box and can I do it now?

Should I let the embassy know that I am pregnant?

Also, I need every info I can get for child birth like cheap hospitals for CS birth and how to go about it.

Thanks everyone in advance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 6:47pm On Jul 14, 2015
You don't need to renew your visa, as long as you get to the US before it expires, you'll be alright. You can renew when you come back.

As for getting info, take your time and start reading from page 1, pretty much everything about child birth in the US has been covered.

emeldamicheals:
Hello fellow naira landers. ..
I am not new to nairaland but new to giving birth in the US. I just found out I am pregnant and we are planning to give birth in US which will be between february/march next year.

I have a B1/B2 Visa with my kids and mum which we used to travel last year august for hollidays/ Uncle's anniversary.
The visa will expire in April 2016 but I intend to renew them soon through drop box.

How early can I renew my visa? Can I renew it before it expires through drop box and can I do it now?

Should I let the embassy know that I am pregnant?

Also, I need every info I can get for child birth like cheap hospitals for CS birth and how to go about it.

Thanks everyone in advance.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by tosyn2baby(f): 6:48pm On Jul 14, 2015
@yonkers, please am interested in New York birthing. My email: tosyn2baby2003@yahoo.co.uk. Am due next month too. Boredom and anxiety is killing me big time.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Yonkers: 6:50pm On Jul 14, 2015
I got to US before doing research. My people over here said its little or nothing. Not knowing the implication.
It was activity online research that brought me to naria land.

My thumb is small so nobody noticed I was pregnant at the airport non airline.
Still checking hospitals. Will keep you posted.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Yonkers: 6:54pm On Jul 14, 2015
So far I registered with the community health centre. All the test and nursing screening I have done, they said is free. Yet to see the doctor who will me know the cost. But was informed that their delivery is at MT Vernon hospital.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 7:23pm On Jul 14, 2015
Yonkers:
I got to US before doing research. My people over here said its little or nothing. Not knowing the implication.
It was activity online research that brought me to naria land.

My thumb is small so nobody noticed I was pregnant at the airport non airline.
Still checking hospitals. Will keep you posted.

https://www.nairaland.com/search/hospital%20new%20york/0/2/0/2

Maybe u shld open the link get info, u might have more options.....

THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON NAIRALAND IS SO SO SO SO SO SO AMAZING..... I'm addicted to it like kilode

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ewa2014: 7:26pm On Jul 14, 2015
Hospital and all for 2-3k in New York... Babes, that would be a difficult one o... I visited at least 5 hospitals in different parts of New York and the cheapest I got is about 8k+ for normal delivery with epidural, prenatal visits, one sonogram, 2 day hospital stay. Well except for wyckoff that offers their for 6500.

Try and get an all inclusive package... Not the ones that will Bill u and baby separately and ensure u flee from mediaid.. cos most of them were saying baby qualifies for mediaid and all that..

All the best.

Yonkers:
Thanks to very one for their contributions.
Am currently in new york and am due next month. Gone round some hospitals and it's quiet strange to them that I don't want any insurance even when they strongly feel I qualify because am pregnanT.

It took me time to convince My uncle am sTaying wiTh the legal inplications of Medicare. He even registered me and they sent the documents to the house. I had to call them to cancel it that I don't need it.

Now am attending atenatal at the community health hopital and was told that on the day of delivery I will use mont vernons hospital that's were they do delivery and all my records will be sent to them. Hope to see a doctor this week. Yet to know the cost.

plssssss does any body no about the hospital? One of the social workers that I met said a lady had CS for 5000$ at Jacobi hospital in Yonkers. Plsssss does any one know about the hospital and how much normal delivery will cost.

Also any other hospital with good cost between 2-3000$ will be fine.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 14, 2015
Hello house,

Be informed that MIHS no longer offers medical package for non Arizona patients.

Change effected on 14/06/15
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 7:56pm On Jul 14, 2015
O pari o!

chenonye:
Hello house,

Be informed that MIHS no longer offers medical package for non Arizona patients.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Lalaska(m): 8:00pm On Jul 14, 2015
[Hi Olokings please how much is the quote from Doctors hospital, im considering using them. Called severally but no response from the hospital. Trying to send you a pm. Thanks
quote author=olokings post=35803437]okie... this is just ... wow!

[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by beepearl: 8:11pm On Jul 14, 2015
Thanks
FinanceFitness:
Agree with this view.

All reservations, appointment details should align to what you have on your passport. It is more straightforward that way. This is what I do.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 8:13pm On Jul 14, 2015
chenonye:
Hello house,

Chai
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 8:19pm On Jul 14, 2015
chenonye:
Hello house,

..and that is the end of Solomon Grundy

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by spagg56: 8:53pm On Jul 14, 2015
[quote author=Yonkers post=35848596][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by spagg56: 8:55pm On Jul 14, 2015
[quote author=Yonkers post=35848596][/quote]@ yonkers pls am due to cme to newyork in sept. Pls email me if u find information on cheap hospital in newyork.
spagg56@yahoo.com
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 8:57pm On Jul 14, 2015
firsttymum:
@ozycy and @teeboy95 have u made up ur mind which hospital?

still on the matter. Also yet to see a package less than 5k minus epidural. I have Dr Fagbohun email correspondence dou. How about you?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jul 14, 2015
ozycy:
still on the matter. Also yet to see a package less than 5k minus epidural. I have Dr Fagbohun email correspondence dou. How about you?

Pls who has the definite total cost of oakbend hospital, houston

Any expecting mum in houston to check BEntaub hospital..heard its around 5k...pls gv us feedback..coming next month..

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 9:43pm On Jul 14, 2015
Hellos. .
Find attached. ... I emailed the hospital and their financial counselor responded with the attached.

I tried replying ur pm buh apparently yahoo is having their normal log in glitches again. ..
I how this helps.
As per physician, you have a lot of choices. ..
Any further info pls feel free to consult the veterans cool I bliv u know dem.. cheesy

Lalaska:
[Hi Olokings please how much is the quote from Doctors hospital, im considering using them. Called severally but no response from the hospital. Trying to send you a pm. Thanks

quote author=olokings post=35803437]okie... this is just ... wow!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by adekunleoba: 9:53pm On Jul 14, 2015
hello everyone, plz can any one help me out with dis question. After contacting Dr Fagbohun and receiving mail correspondence.... Plz do I also need to contact Oakbend hospital, actually I am confused doe..... Plz any1 do respond plzzzzzzzzzzz...........

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Tvegas(m): 10:20pm On Jul 14, 2015
lizcom25:
@Tvegas: I greet, and how is the family doing.
Wats up brov, we are good. How's yours too. Good to know you still touch Base once in a while.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 10:38pm On Jul 14, 2015
chenonye:

Pls who has the definite total cost of oakbend hospital, houston

Any expecting mum in houston to check BEntaub hospital..heard its around 5k...pls gv us feedback..coming next month..

Thanks

Email Dr fagbohun he responds on time .

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 10:43pm On Jul 14, 2015
ozycy:

Same here I have his email correspondence.., not found any that's less than 5k ... His own seem to be the most transparent as per no additional bill after zero balance according to reviews... But I'm still looking

I have other email correspondence from other Drs but my DH prefers Dr FF....

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.