Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,757 members, 7,820,629 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (893660 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 6:53pm On Oct 09, 2015
Oh boy.... This is just terrible....

Another thing again is that these people are seeing well prepared preggy women.. With documents for almost everything.
For her to show up without "anything" musta vexed them.

I cant imagine how the kids feel

Wickedness o... At least no ban.. She can reapply and explain her self better.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 7:09pm On Oct 09, 2015
I agree, but I guess they were also pretty confident since they were frequent US visitors.

Still unfortunatE sha, last last, the CBP could'vE stamped them in for a few wks for the holiday to rule out staying for childbirth. At least 18k is more than enough for a holiday.

olokings:
Hi hi. .
Sorry I may sound pessimistic. ..buh I kinda wanna tow the line of the previous poster. ..
$18k for a travelling party of 5 to cover vacation, childbirth n ACCOMMODATION.plus feeding .... ?
that's a big big red flag. ...it's gonna be nowhere near enough to foot the bills ergo the CBP prejudiced response/reaction. ..

Just a decent accommodation for a 3 month period is nothing short of 9k...them Trans shopping n groceries. ..huhn huhn.....it doesn't cut it. ..
I travelled with well over 22k cash excluding accommodation and still that didn't cut it for me for a party of 5.... debit alerts still ringing excess.

They just struck d CBP dead on as highly unprepared. ..

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Amother4life: 7:19pm On Oct 09, 2015
shelly23:
I agree, but I guess they were also pretty confident since they were frequent US visitors.

Still unfortunatE sha, last last, the CBP could'vE stamped them in for a few wks for the holiday to rule out staying for childbirth. At least 18k is more than enough for a holiday.

That is why people need to be mindful of the fact that the visa only takes you to your POE...entry is never ever guaranteed no matter who you are, your travel history or how much cash we have. Sad story!

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by neks31(f): 7:29pm On Oct 09, 2015
[quote author=Amother4life post=38827706]

That is why people need to be mindful of the fact that the visa only takes you to your POE...entry is never ever guaranteed no matter who you are, your travel history or how much cash we have. Sad story![/quot

Wow this right here just weakened me! I'm here bragging cos I'm a frequent flyer. I literally spend days in Newyork n come back n make another tri

shortly. Wawwwwwwuuu Jesus be a CBP!

This story just spoilt my day literally! I'm here beating my chest that as soon I submit my passport to them at POE them go welcome me well well as a frequent flyer!!! Jeeeezz lemme go back to d drawing board n send out that letter of concent to d embassy! Budget sheet, n all d senrere(s) needed n off course my MFM praying game is a 100 right now! I need this America not just for baby for my biz mbok. Woww

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mumkay: 8:12pm On Oct 09, 2015
shrekandfiona:
A friend and her family of 5 were recently turned back at Chicago POE. She is a frequent US traveller, they all go on yearly vacation 8 years counting, has children but they were all born here in Naija.

This is her last kid and they decided to birth this one in the US. I wasn't aware she was travelling if not would have referred her to this thread though I travelled before her.

Spent over 2.5mil on air ticket for their usual vacation but planned to stay back to deliver. She had contacted her in laws who live in the US to get her a doctor and hospital which they did but no correspondence regarding cost breakdown etc. They travelled with 18,000$ which they declared as they both work in oil companies.

When they arrived Chicago, the ffg conversation took place:

Cbd: i can see you're pregnant, do you intend giving birth here?
Friend: yes

Cbd: was the embassy informed of your plan
Friend: no, I am a frequent traveller and renewed via Dropbox before I was pregnant

Cbd: any doctor/hospital correspondence
Friend: yes

Cbd: can i see them?
Friend: this is my doctors name and phone number, I have my appointment with her in 2 days. My friend didn't have any email exchange just the number her inlaw got and she has been in contact with the doctor via phone. That was her mistake o

Cbd: don't you have any cost breakdown
Friend: no, I plan on getting those during my 1st appointment with her.

Cbd: how much do you have
Friend: showed him her declared cash of 18,000$

They still weren't impressed o, kept questioning her on her delivery plans etc, called her doctor and confirmed the appointment but they still weren't satisfied and said she didn't plan paying her bills undecided

After over 6 hours with them, they cancelled all their visas, hers, 3 kids & her hubby and put them on the next available flight to naija. She fell into early labour on her way back to naija o.

I feel so sad for her and just tot to share so that peeps wanting to birth would do their homework very well even if you are a frequent US traveller. Be informed and be prepared. Peace y'all

Chei dis Poe officers are wicked.Feeling so bad why will dey cancel d whole family visa.Why not cancel dt of d woman n leave her hubby n kids.At least so their ticket fare won't be wasted.God help us wit dis our journey/ quest to obtain Obama kpali.It's well
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by missusadey: 8:21pm On Oct 09, 2015
LI:
After two visa refusals; one each for my DW and I when we went together, and then another for her when she went alone, we finally got our visas approved today in Abuja during the 10:15 am appointment by the gentleman on window 9.

The first interview was before we came across this beautiful thread on NL. In fact, after that first refusal and upon discovering this thread, my DW and I were quite glad we were refused because the horror of getting turned back at POE because you didn't declare you were pregnant terrified us. But then she went again, told the truth and was denied. Now we panicked. I gave up at that point thinking that maybe we were put on a 10 year ban until my jewel of inestimable value convinced me to let us try one more time and this time we chose Abuja. Everything worked in our favour because we boarded the 7am Arik flight by 6:30. I have gone on that route a few times and this is the first time that happened. I knew at this point that God was in control.

Now we're looking for PTA and need to book airline. DW is hitting on 35 weeks but I know say, no shaking. God will finish what he started.

Congrats LI...did arik ask for fit to fly for your wife?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shanaka29: 8:21pm On Oct 09, 2015
Hi Houston mamas,

can anyone give me Dr A.'s contact and cost breakdown ?
I was planning on using dr F. but all the bad reviews are giving me cold feet about him.
BTW, i emailed him and he said i could not show up any later than 35 weeks.
I can't afford a flight any sooner than in my 35th week. Could i still get accepted by dr A. if i'm like 36 weeks + 1 day ?

Last point, i will be traveling with my mother and we both are on visa waiver program.
i'm planning on taking:
- our esta confirmations
- Dr emails (including cost breakdown)
- my budget sheet (around 8.5 K$ for c-section)
- 6 K$ in cash
- my last bank statement (with more or less 5 K$ net balance)
- my saving plan statement (15 K$)
- my last 3 salary slips
we will be staying with relatives.

Do i need anything else for POE ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 8:33pm On Oct 09, 2015
shanaka29:
Hi Houston mamas,

can anyone give me Dr A.'s contact and cost breakdown ?
I was planning on using dr F. but all the bad reviews are giving me cold feet about him.
BTW, i emailed him and he said i could not show up any later than 35 weeks.
I can't afford a flight any sooner than in my 35th week. Could i still get accepted by dr A. if i'm like 36 weeks + 1

Do i need anything else for POE ?
Dr F isn't bad if u not high risk... And u don't mind his tight schedule. They ain't bad reviews per say.
For Dr A use the search option to get the cost breakdown. most of us never born so we can't for sure give u a cost breakdown. But someone has shared it b4.
There's a test they usually do at 35 weeks that's why they are skeptical about taking after 35 weeks. I can't say for sure if she accepts after 35 weeks. I hope the airline u r takin is 36 weeks friendly.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Austine2020: 8:51pm On Oct 09, 2015
shrekandfiona:

She couldn't have left the kids na, it's a yearly tradition for them to go on family vacations. They always travelled together o. And she works in one of the biggest oil coy in Naija.

Just that this time around, after their usual 2-3 weeks vacation, she'll stay back to deliver while the family returns to Naija.

She even told the Cbd that if she was the problem, she was ready to go back alone while her kids n hubby enjoy their vacation but they didn't agree o. They cancelled all their visas
Nawao! this one pass me ooo. Thats why i told u that CBP officer thought that they wont go back to Nig after their holiday or after the delivery.If not,How can he be so wicked & heartless to cancel the visa of the husband with that of their kids that doesnt do anything to him. This journey to "heaven" must be backed up with Ebube muonso prayers ooo.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nasadiva: 9:13pm On Oct 09, 2015
ozycy:

$860 abi $960? grin. I don use the $960 buy plenty things full my bag cheesy

Come, u and ftym are yet to pay me "referral abi consultation fee" undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Austine2020: 9:14pm On Oct 09, 2015
shelly23:

U got it right, their cash is ok,after all some people pass through POE with even 2k for birthing,some people were not even asked how much they have & still scaled through the POE.may be they didnt talk to the CBP in a right way ,having the confidence that they are frequent travellers. But My own is that they are big in numbers & without any positive documents concerning the pregnancy,Thereby raising suspicion of not going back to Nig after everything.Even the letter of intent change or budget sheet should have saved them in this situation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by donchuky(m): 9:18pm On Oct 09, 2015
I think the reason Dr. F is doing all this is bc alot of ppl are using him. We are using Methodist in Sugarland and Dr. Amajoh she accepted all our test from Naija except the smear pap with our hospital did not included on their report and scan she repeated. we paid about 2400 including test and 160 for ultrasound. It is a choice thing but i prefer Methodist than Oakbend.
ozycy:

Vuvu annoying. I wonder what I ll be testing for $600 and after wch the hospital will still test der own. I didn't pay a dime for any test. All my tests were accepted by my precious doc grin. Na me come dey beg for test sef grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by kiboe: 10:19pm On Oct 09, 2015
QueenWest:
Yes. I should leave next week by God's grace. I plan using Oakbend.

Awww,I am leaving a week after you.i plan on using oakbend too and I have booked intown suite highway 6 south.....you?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by kiboe: 10:21pm On Oct 09, 2015
Adebuble:

yes, myself and i know of someone else.

Ahhh,good!we r plenty.I will be leaving in two weeks time,I plan on using oakbend..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by kiboe: 10:43pm On Oct 09, 2015
twingirls:

Well done, iv contacted dr F too, I guess I'm going with him. I tried intown suites and the least is 239. 99 per week, 10 weeks will be Around 2399.99. Have you gotten a cheaper option? Please let me know.

Hi,I am so sorry,I just realised that I didn't reply your msg,I will be using intown suites,maybe I will look for somewhere cheaper when I get there,but if it is super convenient I will stick with them.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 10:53pm On Oct 09, 2015
Nogen:
Dear El Paso mums and dads. Please is anyone coming back to Lagos between now and next week? I have some of my babies' formula to send down here and it's rather urgent; My babies only feed on that formula and breastmilk . Please do send me a pm or a mail on nogen1234@yahoo.com. thanks

If you don't get anyone see if your contacts can help u cargo d food via airfreight. You should get it within a month.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Amother4life: 11:05pm On Oct 09, 2015
[quote author=neks31 post=38827966][/quote]

You better believe...

Usually they would offer people the option to Voluntarily withdraw their application for admission in lieu of being ordered removed under section 235B. If the passenger chooses to withdraw they would then stamp behind their passport "WD " So, was visa cancelled with or without prejudice?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 11:44pm On Oct 09, 2015
ozycy:

This is heartbreaking, I won't wish this for even my enemy. Nawaa o

Chicago CBP own too de for body! Haba! A full family that are US regular customers. Oversabi fire dem!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 2:39am On Oct 10, 2015
shrekandfiona:
A friend and her family of 5 were recently turned back at Chicago POE. She is a frequent US traveller, they all go on yearly vacation 8 years counting, has children but they were all born here in Naija.

I feel so sad for her and just tot to share so that peeps wanting to birth would do their homework very well even if you are a frequent US traveller. Be informed and be prepared. Peace y'all

Chicago poe is a deadly poe. I can never go through it.
Some people just like to brag about how much they spent or didn't spend hmmm 18k is more than enough to show at point of entry. I wouldn't like to carry such cash even if we were a family of 20 (thank God for debit cards) and I don't remember reading that they were renting.
The officer was just wicked. I feel so sorry for that family.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 3:35am On Oct 10, 2015
nefertitiram:

If you don't get anyone see if your contacts can help u cargo d food via airfreight. You should get it within a month.

Nefetitiram my sis, i explored that option before coming here to ask. It doesn't look like there's a shipping agent in El Paso. One must first send the items to Houston before it is airfreight to Nigeria. Also, one month is a long time. I need the food today , tomorrow.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 4:26am On Oct 10, 2015
What brand of formula is it? If you'rE in Lagos, check Daytona supermarket in lekki or prime grocers in marina. I'm usually able anything i'm looking for from Either shop. If Daytona doesn't have, you can call the owner's number (pasted on the wall in the shop) and tHey'll source whateveR you want.

Nogen:

Nefetitiram my sis, i explored that option before coming here to ask. It doesn't look like there's a shipping agent in El Paso. One must first send the items to Houston before it is airfreight to Nigeria. Also, one month is a long time. I need the food today , tomorrow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 4:30am On Oct 10, 2015
Nogen:

Chai, feeding triplets with milk at same time no be moi moi. And you can't risk buying the milk in Naija cos it will be very expensive there. Elpaso mama's that will be traveling soon, show some love to our e family member. I hope you ll get someone to help you out on this.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by MumFiyin: 5:46am On Oct 10, 2015
Hi, if it is something you can get from Walmart, y not explore the mallforafrica option that is if you don't find any1 to help bring it.

Nogen:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 6:35am On Oct 10, 2015
shelly23:
What brand of formula is it? If you'rE in Lagos, check Daytona supermarket in lekki or prime grocers in marina. I'm usually able anything i'm looking for from Either shop. If Daytona doesn't have, you can call the owner's number (pasted on the wall in the shop) and tHey'll source whateveR you want.

My sister, it's Similac Neosure o. Very difficult to even get in most shops in the US, it is not here in Lagos. I have already got 33 tins that will last them for a month till we switch to Similac Advance that is readily available here in Lagos. However, the 33 tins are in El Paso. Last month, I was able to get them delivered on time. I hope to see someone or a way out before the few tins are finished.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 6:36am On Oct 10, 2015
MumFiyin:
Hi, if it is something you can get from Walmart, y not explore the mallforafrica option that is if you don't find any1 to help bring it.

I have got them already my sister.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 6:40am On Oct 10, 2015
ozycy:

Chai, feeding triplets with milk at same time no be moi moi. And you can't risk buying the milk in Naija cos it will be very expensive there. Elpaso mama's that will be traveling soon, show some love to our e family member. I hope you ll get someone to help you out on this.

My sister, you can say that again. They finish a tin in one day. A tin is about 4k plus in the US. The formula is not even in Naija, very difficult to get in shops in the US. Not every shop that sells it. Phewwww. I have one month to feed them the formula before switching to Similac Advance jare. Thanks so much.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 7:40am On Oct 10, 2015
Nogen:

Chai! My people! Pls help mama triplets
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by MumFiyin: 7:53am On Oct 10, 2015
Hmmmm Okay.
Nogen:

I have got them already my sister.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by LI(m): 8:37am On Oct 10, 2015
missusadey:

Congrats LI...did arik ask for fit to fly for your wife?
We had out fit-to-fly from Port Health ready when Arik asked for it. We also had print out of the Pregnancy policy from the Arik website but there was no need to show this since they let us fly without any drama while of course warning my DW sternly that they would not welcome her on their flight again throughout the pregnancy.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by yokus(f): 9:15am On Oct 10, 2015
GoodMorning y'all,
I heard that the maximum amount you can legally carry from Nig is $5000 due to some new laws (pls correct me if im wrong... i am curious).
Is there a way to pay Oakbend in advance from Nigeria,? So that i will have a reciept to show at POE so i dont carry more than the legal limit from Nig. Been trying to call them so i could provide my email for some form of correspondence but it keeps going straight to voicemail.
I wish to use either Dr A or F. Read that Dr A doesnt give bill until u land, i wish that was not the case.
I am trying to do everything right this time. Also confused as to whether Jfk or Atl is an easy Poe.
I will write a letter of intent to the embassy soon since i intend leaving nextmonth. I did drop box n was not preg as at the day of the app. Had my 2 other kids in ATL but considering Houston this time. Accomodation is settled.
Pls i am open to advice

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bestnews: 10:54am On Oct 10, 2015
We should all be careful how we Run people down,
Dr F gave my wife Excellent service on 29th September 2015
thank God I choose Him.

Don't allow other people discourage You follow God and your mind
after all people give birth at home unattended.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dyout: 11:28am On Oct 10, 2015
Nobody is running him down. i have been following this comment for some days now.

What will happen to someone when u pay money for delivery, almost 500k and the doctor did not show up for the delivery. Even the devil will not be happy. The lady is expressing her displeasure, you are talking about running him down. What will she gain if she runs Dr.F down?

This forum is meant to share experience whether good or bad so that others will take precaution

bestnews:
We should all be careful how we Run people down,
Dr F gave my wife Excellent service on 29th September 2015
thank God I choose Him.

Don't allow other people discourage You follow God and your mind
after all people give birth at home unattended.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.