Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,516 members, 7,819,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

How Your Mobile Phone Can Help You To Score High Grades In JAMB - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Your Mobile Phone Can Help You To Score High Grades In JAMB (1099 Views)

10 Secrets In Reading For Jamb To Score High / Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice / See How Facebook Drastically Improved My Son's Grades In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Your Mobile Phone Can Help You To Score High Grades In JAMB by Olaryeankarh(m): 11:20am On Mar 03, 2015
The fear of getting good grades in Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) is expectedly increasing each year of the century and matters have gotten worse since we heard the news that everything which concerneth JAMB or UTME is going wireless (paperless in short). This fear unfortunately, has led many students to early failure even before taking the examination – it happened last year, the year before and seem to iterate itself each year.

Because UTME is going computerized in full and an average Nigerian student spends over 7 hours daily on his/her mobile phone, let’s connect the dots and find a way your mobile phone can help in scoring excellent marks in this year’s UTME.

Quick Advice

-Be yourself.
-Know your limits and maximize your reach.
-If you have failed before, calm down. It might just be fate!
-Believe you worth a great score and that you can get it.

HOW YOUR MOBILE PHONE CAN HELP YOU TO PASS JAMB

Tell me you have not used your phone for over 15 minutes today already and I’ll call you a liar. Although for some reasons (most especially battery issues), you might not have. The question is, what do you do on your mobile phone each time you pick it up? Just calls, text, chat, music, games, what? For serious students, there’s more to your mobile phone. Even the smallest of them can be a good calculator when you’re trying to find out the percentage profit or loss from a math question. SEE? Instead of burning quality time on excessive social engagement, you can use what you like to get what you wish (good grades).

Your mobile phone as a textbook:

The internet is a library of abundant information and cheats. Cheats I say? Yes, you are free to cheat before examinations. Depending on the operating system running on your phone, you can get a PDF reader to open subject materials you find online. Google is your friend in this regard! There are other document formats but you’ll find most in PDF. My point here is that, instead of reading a bunch of valueless status updates, tweets or chats, you can do some reading about one or more topic of your favorite subject without leaving your beloved mobile phone. The fun of it is that, you can listen to music or get something fun running on your phone while you do this. Just you and your mobile!

Your mobile phone as a Mathematical Set:

Don’t be shocked when I say your mobile phone can be used as a ruler. Almost all the popular mobile operating systems have kind developers that care much about students who are addicted to their mobile phones. There are lots of productivity apps that will help mathematicians get stuff done as quickly as possible; anytime, anywhere. While the pre-installed calculator may not have advance functions, I can bet Android, Windows Phone and iOS and BlackBerry have quite a handful of scientific calculators in their respective app stores. Go explore your store and see if that app you need is there. Should be!

Your mobile phone as a Literature Book:

At least I know Aldiko Reader for Android and Bookvise Reader for Windows Phone. These are great electronic book readers you can have on your most loved phone. While you are in the car, bus or somewhere alone, you can help yourself by getting familiar with the world of literature – obviously by reading ‘meaningful’ books that can help your vocabulary and knowledge in English language overall. Remember, no one can escape writing English Language in JAMB.

Your mobile phone as a Live Teacher

Google, Bing and Yahoo are your friends when it comes to finding something. A student once told me she learnt how to solve questions that involves Kinetic Energy and Potential Energy via the internet – Physics! Is there a topic you feel you’re not sound enough? Check the internet; some people have explained it there for you. It’s either it becomes more complex or extremely easy to understand! Today, there are numerous videos on YouTube teaching you various subject topics. Why don’t you find more of these videos instead of the latest music video (at least for now)? Also, you can talk to your subject teacher through the internet – thanks to that same Facebook and WhatsApp you make use of everyday! When something is not clear, take a picture of what you did and send to your teacher for clarifications. Cool right? Bet you never thought of it!

More at http://www.mobileraft.com/pass-utme-with-mobile-phone/

Wish you all the best!
Re: How Your Mobile Phone Can Help You To Score High Grades In JAMB by mrpackager(m): 12:02pm On Mar 03, 2015
nyc write up

BTW....FTC
Re: How Your Mobile Phone Can Help You To Score High Grades In JAMB by BrightForYou(m): 4:15pm On Mar 03, 2015
Great. Thanks boss.

(1) (Reply)

Am Confused Abt Ma 0level Result Someone Help Me Out / Breaking News! Breaking News! / All You Need To Prepare For Post UTME Success

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.