Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,170 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Pls Advice: A Bouncer Or A Rocker - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls Advice: A Bouncer Or A Rocker (1572 Views)

Pls Advice A Her! / Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! / Please Advice A Brother. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pls Advice: A Bouncer Or A Rocker by joyousf: 1:29pm On Mar 03, 2015
Hello all,

I am a new mum and just realised I need a rocker or bouncer but would like clarification on some issues especially from experienced people.

1.what is the difference between a rocker and a bouncer? which would you advice I get. I need something that can make my baby sleep easily and probably also keep him busy in his wakeful.moments.
2. how long do babies use them or how soon do they outgrow them?
3. read somewhere about a three in one including swing.not sure i even understand what that is. where can i get one.
4.from your experience, please can you suggest a good,durable and safe one and where i can get one.saw some on konga.com.i don't stay in lagos.i do not mind ordering and paying on delivery.otherwise if anyone has an idea of where to get one in ado please let me know.

Thanks
Re: Pls Advice: A Bouncer Or A Rocker by mutter(f): 2:01pm On Mar 03, 2015
A bouncer is actually ideal when they get a bit older. Even if you don`t bounce them in it they can actually look around and that in a comfortable position. A rocker is more for younger ones.
However be careful not to rock too hard!

As a mother of many kid`s I would like to advice you to get your baby to get used to sleeping without all these gadgets and without too much walking around or rocking. That way they get used to it and you spare yourself sleepless nights. When my babies woke up in the night, I only used a very deem light, fed them , changed them, winded them and put them back in bed. That way i had peaceful nights.

Also there is nothing as beneficial for a child like backing- kangarooing. The child is close to the mum and it does a great deal for the hip bones and legs of the baby. In Europe most enlightened mothers buy an expensive cloth and actually take classes to learn how to carry a baby.

We have the best things right at our doorstep and yet would rather waste money buying gadgets that don`t really bring much.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Advice: A Bouncer Or A Rocker by joyousf: 7:09pm On Mar 03, 2015
thanks mutter.
what do you do if after changing n putting baby back in bed she still doesn't sleep with wide open eyes?would indeed like to av restful nights

(1) (Reply)

What Could Have Been The Reason For His Action? (photo) / Sibilings Recreates Old Photo / She Has Remained Childless Ever Since She Aborted Because Of Her White Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.