Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,580 members, 7,958,789 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 12:49 AM

My Review/plot Synopsis Of Fifty Shades Of Grey - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / My Review/plot Synopsis Of Fifty Shades Of Grey (1256 Views)

My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie / See What Was Found In Lagos Cinema After 50 Shades Of Grey Movie ..lol / Fifty Shades Of Grey Banned In Nigeria Cinemas Due To Sexual Content (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Review/plot Synopsis Of Fifty Shades Of Grey by Sanchez01: 10:17pm On Mar 03, 2015
So I got to see the movie amidst the hype and the fanfare. Saying it’s worth it or not depends on my viewpoint, ideologies on love, sex, and morality. So, below is my little review of the movie:

Fifty Shades of Grey is a fascinating melodrama. Emotional people would find the movie priceless but certain dialogues in the movie would make them want to forget the movie in a hurry. I’ll explain this later.

The movie revolves around Anastacia, a young undergrad who meets Christian Grey, a young billionaire of the Grey Empire. Christian, as he is fondly known all through the movie is a clean, hot and intimidating figure whose understanding of a relationship is lost. Both characters are the main characters in the movie and appeared on almost every scene in the movie. Christian, though single, understands his affluence is intimidating and uses it to his advantage by making little Miss Steele (Anastacia) fall hopelessly in love with him. Aware of this, he severed all ties with “Anna” claiming he doesn’t “do love” but "f**ks real hard".

Overall, the movie projects from a boring, though dialogue-filled plot to climax (not love orgy but a literary term), the apex of the movie as Anna discovers that Christian is not only a control freak but also possesses some sexual dark sides. I have heard of sexual adventurous people but the case of Christian seems out of this world. While circumstances bring them together after a very short period apart, Christian forces the naïve Anna into signing a confidentiality agreement (whatever is done stays between them).

I tried seeing why the movie was banned but I found none, the scenes are not really explicit and the character of Christian is subdued by the act of Anastacia who transcends from a naive young to a fantasy-driven young lady who is ever ready to please his dominant macho-bed god.

If you are going into Fifty Shades of Grey expecting a smörgasbord of steamy BDSM s*x scenes that send you over the moon with images of orgasmic euphoria wrapped in the finest natural-fiber constraints, you best be lowering your expectations. While not entirely stripped of eroticism, the couplings in the film are pretty tame (you’re likely to find much more kink in any given episode of Scandal, truth be told), and the camera tends to pan away like a courteous Viewer before most of 'actions' are achieved. So what are we left with? Just the usual wish-fulfillment fairy tale of a naive girl and her Prince Charming that's been told a million times before.

Re: My Review/plot Synopsis Of Fifty Shades Of Grey by Wuuworld(m): 10:25pm On Mar 03, 2015
No be the same movie a female pant was found on the ground after the premiere the other time?.....No biggie,my babe go wear iron pant if we wanna watch it.
Re: My Review/plot Synopsis Of Fifty Shades Of Grey by Sanchez01: 10:35pm On Mar 03, 2015
Wuuworld:
No be the same movie a female pant was found on the ground after the premiere the other time?.....No biggie,my babe go wear iron pant if we wanna watch it.
Trust me, it's all a lie. The scenes in the movie are not that 'strong' to invoke that 'madness' in someone as most of the scenes were not detailed and panned out by the camera. The movie is 'just there' like every other romance/obsession movie.
Re: My Review/plot Synopsis Of Fifty Shades Of Grey by Wuuworld(m): 11:14pm On Mar 03, 2015
Sanchez01:

Trust me, it's all a lie. The scenes in the movie are not that 'strong' to invoke that 'madness' in someone as most of the scenes were not detailed and panned out by the camera. The movie is 'just there' like every other romance/obsession movie.
Thank you very much Sanchez........I can now save the iron pant money to complete my iphone 6 money..

1 Like

Re: My Review/plot Synopsis Of Fifty Shades Of Grey by SetrakusRa(m): 12:23am On Mar 04, 2015
Wuuworld:
Thank you very much Sanchez........I can now save the iron pant money to complete my iphone 6 money..

Lol grin
Re: My Review/plot Synopsis Of Fifty Shades Of Grey by itstpia8: 12:59am On Mar 04, 2015
Where did he learn all that msdm stuff from?

i think the book said he's in his 20s, he seems a bit advanced in such things given his age.
Re: My Review/plot Synopsis Of Fifty Shades Of Grey by prof800(m): 4:08am On Mar 04, 2015
Wuuworld:
grin grin grin grin
hilarious...!
Re: My Review/plot Synopsis Of Fifty Shades Of Grey by Nobody: 5:24am On Mar 04, 2015
Watched the movie yesterday. Don't believe the hype, y'all. The Movie is too tame, even more so than "Unfaithful". I don't see why it's rated R to be frank. No real sex scenes, and dry as a typical harmattan evening..
Re: My Review/plot Synopsis Of Fifty Shades Of Grey by Sanchez01: 6:08am On Mar 04, 2015
itstpia8:
Where did he learn all that msdm stuff from?

i think the book said he's in his 20s, he seems a bit advanced in such things given his age.
Yes, the book did say he's 27 and so is the movie. The movie failed to tell where he learnt them from save from the fact that he wasn't a real son of the Grey family, rather he was adopted at a young age. You honestly need to see his 'play room'. I could not help but marvel when it was shown. Extremely sensitive people may not like that scene. The movie is totally tame and not worth the hype.
Re: My Review/plot Synopsis Of Fifty Shades Of Grey by Sanchez01: 6:13am On Mar 04, 2015
koice:
Watched the movie yesterday. Don't believe the hype, y'all. The Movie is too tame, even more so than "Unfaithful". I don't see why it's rated R to be frank. No real sex scenes, and dry as a typical harmattan evening..
When I finished seeing the movie, I said to myself, "so there are movies Unfaithful is better than at this point in time"

Honestly, I saw the movie with an open mind but was left disappointed at the end. The movie failed to explain a lot of things. The plot would have been better narrated had it been the Greys appeared more than oce or twice in the movie.

(1) (Reply)

Thread For Lovers Of Movie Series / Any One Remember This Cartoon THE SECRET SATURDAYS " / Moshood Mayegun Taking The Movie Industry By A Orgy Storm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.