Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,678 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Mind-blowing Facts You Never Knew About Twins - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mind-blowing Facts You Never Knew About Twins (3802 Views)

12 Amazing Facts You May Not Have Known About Twins / Woman Delivers Conjoined Twins In Enugu (picture) / I’ve Been Stripped Unclad – Mother Of Twins Killed By Drunken-Cop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mind-blowing Facts You Never Knew About Twins by ANIEXTY(m): 12:22pm On Mar 04, 2015
This are few fact you never knew about twins.

Twins can have different biological fathers
Source: topwallpapers10.com
In 2009, Mia Washington gave birth to twins with two different fathers, a one-in-a-billion occurrence. One month, Mia released two eggs instead of one. Her two sexual partners each fertilized one of the eggs, resulting in two babies with two dads. In 2011, there were only 3 known cases of this occurrence.
Source: today.com

1 Like

Re: Mind-blowing Facts You Never Knew About Twins by Qaisar1: 12:29pm On Mar 04, 2015
"facts" Ooooooowk... is that all?
Re: Mind-blowing Facts You Never Knew About Twins by ANIEXTY(m): 12:30pm On Mar 04, 2015
In rare cases, twins can be different races.
Source:
Although it may be hard to believe, Kian and Remee are twins. This is the result of a one in a million combination of their parents’ genes, who are mixed race. If parents are mixed race, their eggs or sperm contain the genetic code for both black and white skin and in very few cases this results in twins of different skin colors.
Source: dailymail.co.uk

Re: Mind-blowing Facts You Never Knew About Twins by ANIEXTY(m): 12:37pm On Mar 04, 2015
Separated twins can live eerily similar lives
Source: cdn.sheknows.com
Jim Lewis and Jim Springer were four weeks old when they were separated, with each of the twins going to different adoptive families. It was later discovered that their lives shared some truly remarkable similarities. Both had a dog named Toy as kids. Both married twice, first to women named Linda and second to women named Betty. Both drove Chevys, smoked Salem cigarettes, and drank Miller Lite.

2 Likes

Re: Mind-blowing Facts You Never Knew About Twins by ANIEXTY(m): 12:41pm On Mar 04, 2015
Women who give birth to twins may live longer

Women who give birth to twins are generally healthier and stronger to begin with than those who don’t. Some believe that twins are an evolutionary adaptation, where the healthiest of mothers take the chance to pass on double the genes at once.

Re: Mind-blowing Facts You Never Knew About Twins by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:42pm On Mar 04, 2015
I love twins so much & I really wish for it in the near by future..

#Godabegidenticlesurepass

1 Like

Re: Mind-blowing Facts You Never Knew About Twins by ANIEXTY(m): 12:44pm On Mar 04, 2015
Tall women are more likely to have twins

The Long Island Jewish Medical Center discovered that taller women have more insulin-like growth factor (IGF) - a protein that increases a woman’s chance of ovulating. The more IGF a woman has, the greater the chance that she will become pregnant with twins. Other research found that women who gave birth to twins were on average one inch taller than other mothers.

Re: Mind-blowing Facts You Never Knew About Twins by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 04, 2015
o boy number 1 fear me oo , imagine after dancing shoki to your new born babies only to discover that you are a co-father of the twins or do i say co striker in their mothers pitch ?

o ma se o

2 Likes

Re: Mind-blowing Facts You Never Knew About Twins by ANIEXTY(m): 12:48pm On Mar 04, 2015
Women who eat a lot of dairy are also more likely to have twins

A study in the Journal of Reproductive Medicine compared twin birth rates from vegan and non-vegan mothers. Those who consumed dairy were five times more likely to have twins. Cows, like humans, also produce IGF and release it into their milk, which the women consume.

Re: Mind-blowing Facts You Never Knew About Twins by xreal: 12:48pm On Mar 04, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
I love twins so much & I really wish for it in the near by future..

#Godabegidenticlesurepass

May GOD grant your heart desires.

1 Like

Re: Mind-blowing Facts You Never Knew About Twins by Lucario007(m): 12:49pm On Mar 04, 2015
Fascinating facts! Learnt something new today.
Re: Mind-blowing Facts You Never Knew About Twins by ANIEXTY(m): 12:56pm On Mar 04, 2015
Twins interact with each other in the womb.

The University of Padova recently discovered that twins are as close in the womb as they are outside of it. At 14 weeks of gestation, twins were seen reaching for each other. Four weeks later, twins in the womb touched each other more often than they touched their own bodies. The twins were gentle to each other and made distinct gestures toward each other.

1 Like

Re: Mind-blowing Facts You Never Knew About Twins by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:59pm On Mar 04, 2015
xreal:

May GOD grant your heart desires.
a very big AMEN to dat. U won't b an exception also if u wish 4 such

1 Like

Re: Mind-blowing Facts You Never Knew About Twins by ANIEXTY(m): 1:01pm On Mar 04, 2015
Twins that are exact reflections of each other are called Mirror Image Twins.

Around 25% of identical twins develop directly facing each other, meaning they become exact reflections of each other. One is often left-handed, while the other is right-handed. They may also have birthmarks on the opposite sides of their bodies.

2 Likes

Re: Mind-blowing Facts You Never Knew About Twins by xreal: 1:02pm On Mar 04, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
a very big AMEN to dat. U won't b an exception also if u wish 4 such

Yeah.
Amen ooo.
Re: Mind-blowing Facts You Never Knew About Twins by ANIEXTY(m): 1:07pm On Mar 04, 2015
Some conjoined twins can hear each other’s thoughts and see through each other’s eyes.

Krista and Tatiana Hogan are attached at the head and share a thalamus - the part of the brain that controls physical sensations and motor functions. As a result, the girls can see through each other’s eyes and hear each other’s thoughts. They can also feel and see what the other one does.

Re: Mind-blowing Facts You Never Knew About Twins by Dyt(f): 1:13pm On Mar 04, 2015
I want twins
I really do
cry cry cry
Re: Mind-blowing Facts You Never Knew About Twins by ANIEXTY(m): 1:14pm On Mar 04, 2015
Identical twins do not have identical fingerprints.

Fingerprints are not solely shaped by DNA. Although they start with the same fingerprints, during weeks 6 to 13 of pregnancy, when the twins start to move, they touch the amniotic sac which forms unique ridges and lines.

Re: Mind-blowing Facts You Never Knew About Twins by ANIEXTY(m): 1:18pm On Mar 04, 2015
Left-handedness is nearly twice as common in twins than in single individuals.

Re: Mind-blowing Facts You Never Knew About Twins by ANIEXTY(m): 1:25pm On Mar 04, 2015
Identical twins can make master criminals.

Apart from their fingerprints, identical twins are 99.99% identical on a DNA level. In January, 2009, $6.8 million worth of jewelry was stolen in Berlin. The single suspect (who was wearing gloves) left behind sweat beads, which police extracted DNA from and tracked down to two people - Hassan and Abbas O. - identical twins. Both denied responsibility, accused the other, and because police couldn’t identify which of the twins the DNA belonged to, both ended up walking free.

2 Likes

Re: Mind-blowing Facts You Never Knew About Twins by ANIEXTY(m): 1:29pm On Mar 04, 2015
Nearly half of twins invent their own languages.

Babies that are extremely close have been known to form autonomous languages that only they can understand. Since the babies must be extremely close, autonomous languages are far more common in twins, with around 40% of twins forming their own languages before they learn one that we can understand. Below is an adorable example…
Source: huffingtonpost.com

Re: Mind-blowing Facts You Never Knew About Twins by Vyolet(f): 1:32pm On Mar 04, 2015
Wow..quite interesting.
Re: Mind-blowing Facts You Never Knew About Twins by ANIEXTY(m): 1:42pm On Mar 04, 2015
Vyolet:
Wow..quite interesting.
thank-you,

Modrators.pleas kindly move this post to F.P so other people can see this too.
thanks
Re: Mind-blowing Facts You Never Knew About Twins by ANIEXTY(m): 1:45pm On Mar 04, 2015
I love twins too and i pray to get them when i marry.
Thats why i shared this with you friends winkwink
Re: Mind-blowing Facts You Never Knew About Twins by jayne8585yahoo(f): 1:51pm On Mar 04, 2015
Dear Lord, you know me more than I know myself, please grant me this my plea,
I need twins,
I want twins,
boy and girl,
identical preferably,

so help me God
Amen.

Weldon OP for this piece of. Information.

1 Like

Re: Mind-blowing Facts You Never Knew About Twins by joywendy(f): 2:10pm On Mar 04, 2015
cheesy
Re: Mind-blowing Facts You Never Knew About Twins by jasmines(f): 2:26pm On Mar 04, 2015
ANIEXTY:
This are few fact you never knew about twins.
Twins can have different biological fathers
Source: topwallpapers10.com
In 2009, Mia Washington gave birth to twins with two different fathers, a one-in-a-billion occurrence. One month, Mia released two eggs instead of one. Her two sexual partners each fertilized one of the eggs, resulting in two babies with two dads. In 2011, there were only 3 known cases of this occurrence.
Source: today.com

Proof to those who said Cain and Abel couldn't have different fathers
Re: Mind-blowing Facts You Never Knew About Twins by k4kenny(f): 2:28pm On Mar 04, 2015
ANIEXTY:
Nearly half of twins invent their own languages.

Babies that are extremely close have been known to form autonomous languages that only they can understand. Since the babies must be extremely close, autonomous languages are far more common in twins, with around 40% of twins forming their own languages before they learn one that we can understand. Below is an adorable example…
Source: huffingtonpost.com

Reading this brought a smile to my face. When we were much younger. Most times just looking at eachother's faces passed the message across. Used to frustrate my elder sis ehn cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Mind-blowing Facts You Never Knew About Twins by floragregs(f): 2:48pm On Mar 04, 2015
Double the wahala
Re: Mind-blowing Facts You Never Knew About Twins by Nutase: 6:29pm On Mar 04, 2015
undecided
Re: Mind-blowing Facts You Never Knew About Twins by RoyalRoy(m): 7:46pm On Mar 04, 2015
So this is a thread for those who are wishing and praying for twins....funny....am a twin and not a bit freaked about having them myself....odd right?
Re: Mind-blowing Facts You Never Knew About Twins by VickJames(m): 8:05pm On Mar 04, 2015
I don't want twins, I need it.

God, grant me my heart desire!

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Best Approach To Catch A Cheating Wife. / Should I Let My Wife Cheat? / Help Save Our Marriage...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.