Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

How To Let Go Of Hate - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Let Go Of Hate (680 Views)

Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. / I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! / I'm Beginning To Hate My Mom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Let Go Of Hate by Buildingthelife(m): 12:14am On Mar 05, 2015
You just cannot forget the bad things your friend, spouse or neighbor has done to you. The harsh words and discourteous acts continue to linger in your memory. As a result the relationship you once had has been thrown away into the ocean and replaced with hate, resentment and bitterness. You try to forgive and forget the issue, but at the sight of the person you could heat up higher than mercury’s boiling point. Hmm, well to tell you the truth hate and resentment is not worth your attention, it is high time you let go of it, after reading this short but powerful post, you would realize that hatred, bitterness or resentment does more damage to you than the one you harbor it for.

What You should Know About Hate

Harboring resentment is like using a cane to hit your head and expect others to feel the pain. The hate you reserve in your heart would only hurt you, leaving the one you hate free from hurt.

It is important that you know that hatred or resentment is not the result of a problem or quarrel, it is a life must situation, and so a problem in its own self. (I’m guessing you didn’t get this, read it again).

Resentment undermines the very qualities which a relationship should be built, including trust, loyalty and love, so it breaks relationships.
You cannot control what someone else says or does, but you can control the way you react to it. Therefore resentment is one of the options you get to choose from after a quarrel or feud, no person is responsible for the hatred you feel in your heart but yourself, so it is baseless to say someone else made you resentful.

Keep all these at the back of your mind, the next time that feeling tries to pop up.

What To Do When You Hate Someone

Ask yourself questions like “How easily do I get offended? Do I make mountains out of hills? Am I inclined to bitterness? “ If your answer is yes, then I suggest you lay this in your heart, “The one who keeps harping on a matter, separates close friends”. Learn to be more patient and develop tolerance with people whether it is your friend or enemy, neighbor or stranger, spouse or whatever.

It is easy to blame your friend, no doubt about that, but also remember that being hateful is a choice, y (not complete)

To read complete post click this link>>>>> http://buildingthelife.com/how-to-let-go-of-hate/

(1) (Reply)

Ladies! These Are The Must Wear For You / Serious Date Needed / How Far Do Women Go In Protecting Their Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.