Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,171 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Oil In Exhaust And Lots Of Smoke - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Oil In Exhaust And Lots Of Smoke (1000 Views)

Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 / Is It Possible For A Car Not To Smoke At All? / Pls Help: Catalytic Converter Missing In Exhaust Pipe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oil In Exhaust And Lots Of Smoke by erictoonice: 8:13am On Mar 05, 2015
Good day nairalanders, please what could be the cause of this problem, I recently noticed, the oil shorts too, pls help out, thanks
Re: Oil In Exhaust And Lots Of Smoke by kakameks: 8:42am On Mar 05, 2015
Probably your piston rings are gone, which causes an oil leak into the combustion chamber.

Do you experience loss in power especially during hill climb?

Change your piston rings, also check your valves ( both intake and exhaust) to ensure they are ground properly for tight fit. lastly you might as well replace your top gasket to be sure there are no vacuum leaks from there as well.
Re: Oil In Exhaust And Lots Of Smoke by erictoonice: 9:22am On Mar 05, 2015
OK bro, thanks a lot, the car is a honda bulldog I've asked some mechanics here they all are insisting on new engine that its hard to fix that engine, that if its ringed it won't last, please is this true?
Re: Oil In Exhaust And Lots Of Smoke by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:04pm On Mar 05, 2015
erictoonice:
OK bro, thanks a lot, the car is a honda bulldog I've asked some mechanics here they all are insisting on new engine that its hard to fix that engine, that if its ringed it won't last, please is this true?

Buy a new engine.
Re: Oil In Exhaust And Lots Of Smoke by erictoonice: 7:48pm On Mar 05, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Buy a new engine.
OK thanks, please is it advisable fr me to buy half or the full engine, the mechanic is advising me to buy half, is that OK pls?
Re: Oil In Exhaust And Lots Of Smoke by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:06pm On Mar 05, 2015
erictoonice:

OK thanks, please is it advisable fr me to buy half or the full engine, the mechanic is advising me to buy half, is that OK pls?

Safer to buy an engine without any accessories no (intake,alternator,power steering pump.starter motor) just head and block. Should cost less than 50k
Re: Oil In Exhaust And Lots Of Smoke by erictoonice: 12:05am On Mar 06, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Safer to buy an engine without any accessories no (intake,alternator,power steering pump.starter motor) just head and block. Should cost less than 50k
thanks a lot

(1) (Reply)

Hello My Fellow N/landers, I Need Help On Which Car Make To Choose. / FRSC Van Seen In The Gutter (photos) / Photos: 20 Die In Ebonyi Motor Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.