Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,354 members, 7,826,387 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Letter To Bindex. . . - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Letter To Bindex. . . (1011 Views)

An Atheist's Letter To Nigerian Muslims (El Rufai's Tweet Didnt Result In Riots) / Letter Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery / My Open Letter To My Muslim Brothers And Sisters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter To Bindex. . . by Jarus(m): 8:58pm On Jan 12, 2009
Dear Bindex,
I first read your post in the thread where you were asking 'why is it that evil spirits attack only those who believe in them?'.
In that thread I read your post thus:
I visited my moslem relatives on the other end (I still lie to them that I am a muslim to gain acceptance) and experienced the same thing, there was a girl who is a relative of a wife of my cousin, she was attacked by Aljanu (evil spirits ), and was brought to a mallam who lives in my cousins vicinity, we took the girl there and the mallam began to pray for her using the Koran, once he started praying for her she began to scream, cry and roll on the floor, she begged them to stop reading the Koran and promised to leave the young lady alone and never to return, they asked the so called Aljani what his name was, his age, where he came from and the reason he got hold of the young girl, the girl said somethings and continued to shout and scream when ever the mallam read the verses from the Koran, the young girl kept saying things that were not very clear and of no particular meaning, she was speaking in tongues the way christains do, in short it was really a DRAMICTIC scene, having been brought up as a muslim i had witnessed such events about twice or trice when i was a kid but it was really strange and eerie since i no longer believe in islam and had never witnessed such a thing for a very long time.

I took special interest in you and followed your posts on Nairaland. I opened your profile and viewed your past posts. I can see that more than 80% of your posts are on religion, where you are seriously giving Christians and Muslims a challenge to their beliefs. I'm particularly surprised this can come from a Hausa, from kano for that matter. But I quickly remember the case of Prophet Noah's son, born into a Prophet's family. Allah surely guides whom He wills.
I read how you were born a Muslim, converted to Christianity by Mum at 14, before gradually dropping Christianity from 50% to 70% to 90% and now a full-fledged atheist.
Bindex, I'm not here to engage you in a debate; I'm not too good in debating. I'm also quite emotional a human being and easily drop tears, especially when I'm trying to pass a message of truth and the person continues to wallow in denial. This is why I respect Olabowale, for his long debates with Christians here. I fought back tears when I read your story. That was how pathetic I felt.
I'm not trying to use emotions to invite you back to Islam. I know you are too strong-minded for that. I know you are too civilized for that.
Like I have said debating has not been my strong point,but Bindex, let me attempt a simple poser to you: You said you witnessed where Qur'anic verses were recited on somebody and the jinn (speaking through the mouth of the person) was begging that the Qura'nic recitation be stopped, that it would leave the person possessed. This happened in your presence. Does science have an explanation for this? Could those words(verses) be ordinary? I believe that incident happening in your presence is a mercy from God, perhaps you may, from there, reason, reflect and make further research about this Qur'an and get to know the truth. I'm aware you were converted to Christianity by your mother and when you were about dropping Christianity, you were comparing Christianity with atheism. If you had been a Muslim at the time your atheistic instincts were developing, you will naturally be comparing Islam and atheism, and I'm sure you would have done more research on Islam and chances are that you find conviction in Islam. This is why it is very rare to see a person converting from directly Islam to atheism. The Tai Solarin,Fela etc, like you, left Christianity for atheism. Karl Marx was a son a a Jewish monk before becoming an atheist. I'm not saying you can never find a person converting from Islam to atheism, but history has it that it is very rare. It is naturally built in a Muslim, even with the slightest faith, that there is God. What is common is for some Muslims to ignorantly call another thing God, like converting to Christianity and calling Jesus God. But you will rarely find a Muslim, that had a slightest fiath before, to just come out one day and say there is no God again. Like you, many of them went through the Christianity route.
Bindex,why not do a futher research on this religion Islam. You may not necessarily look at we Muslims,look at the message of Islam.
I was also in similar state of confusion around 2000-2001 when I began to question my Islam, that was I not a Muslim just because my parents were? I did research and became convinced about this Islam, and saw it as God's mercy. After all many other people were favoured by God to be born into a Muslim family but squandered the mercy. My absolute conviction about this religion of Islam however came around the years 2002-2004 when a close family member was attacked by Jinn and I was forced to research into that topic. I found many amazing things that absolutely convinced me about the authenticity of this Islam. And like you, I saw the power of Qur'anic verses, live. No, this Qur'an could not have been concocted by man!

Bindex, I was about saying ''if you accept Islam and die a Muslim and on the day of resurrection, you regret dying a Muslim'', please do anything to me, when I remember you don't believe in resurrection. I swear by God almighty that this Islam is true(oh I've forgotten again that you don't believe in God) What else will I say?
But bindex, who knows, a deeper research into this religion Islam, may make you see the truth.

Regards
Re: Letter To Bindex. . . by tpia: 3:32am On Jan 13, 2009
Re: Letter To Bindex. . . by earTHMama: 7:26am On Jan 13, 2009
Bindex, I was about saying ''if you accept Islam and die a Muslim and on the day of resurrection, you regret dying a Muslim'', please do anything to me, when I remember you don't believe in resurrection. I swear by God almighty that this Islam is true(oh I've forgotten again that you don't believe in God) What else will I say?
But bindex, who knows, a deeper research into this religion Islam, may make you see the truth.
Proof please undecided
Re: Letter To Bindex. . . by Jarus(m): 10:08am On Jan 13, 2009
OK, WHO DELETED THE PREVIOUS RESPONSES TO THIS THREAD? WHATS GOING ON AND WHAT KIND OF NONSENSE IS THAT?

DID JARUS ASK FOR THE REMOVAL OF ANY COMMENTS HE DOESNT LIKE? Huh CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN THE LOGIC BEHIND THE CENSORSHIP AND WHY THIS THREAD IS MORE HOLY THAN ALL OTHER THREADS ON NAIRALAND.

I DO NOT LIKE SNAKES OH.
What's the fuss about?
I meant to start the thread in Islam for Muslims section but mistakenly did so in Religion section. I moved it here and asked that the one in Religion section be deleted. And that was done. Afterall, it is qualified for both sections but I prefer it here. The mods displayed responsiveness, rather than favouritism as you were already accusing them of.

tpia, get a life!!!
Re: Letter To Bindex. . . by bindex(m): 11:36am On Jan 13, 2009
Asalamualiakum, There is No God But Allah and Mumammed(SAW) is His Last prophet. grin grin grin

@ Jarus

Thanks for your concern but I have made my choice, Men created all the gods and thats all i have to say for now.
Re: Letter To Bindex. . . by Jarus(m): 3:24pm On Jan 13, 2009
Wa alaikum,
I have always known you still have some 'sympathy' for Islam, as I can see from your posts I went through that you focused more on tackling these Christian beliefs as you engage davidylan, Olaadegbu and others in Religion section. You mentioned somewhere that the Koranic account of creation is saner than the biblical account. The issue with you, I think, is not believing in the existence of God.

Why not simply open your heart and do more research.

Regards
Re: Letter To Bindex. . . by tpia: 6:27pm On Jan 13, 2009
Re: Letter To Bindex. . . by earTHMama: 2:01am On Jan 14, 2009
Asalamualiakum, There is No God But Allah and Mumammed(SAW) is His Last prophet. Grin Grin Grin

@ Jarus

Thanks for your concern but I have made my choice, [size=14pt]Men created all the gods [/size]and thats all i have to say for now.

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Letter To Bindex. . . by bindex(m): 3:25pm On Jan 16, 2009
Jarus:

Wa alaikum,
I have always known you still have some 'sympathy' for Islam, as I can see from your posts I went through that you focused more on tackling these Christian beliefs as you engage davidylan, Olaadegbu and others in Religion section. You mentioned somewhere that the Koranic account of creation is saner than the biblical account. The issue with you, I think, is not believing in the existence of God.

Why not simply open your heart and do more research.

Regards

I have no sympathy for Islam, Its all a joke as far as am concerned. I am more focused on Christianity because that is the religion that I understand better not because Islam is a better reigion than it(Infact Islam is more of a joke than christainity as far as I know).

earTHMama:

shocked shocked shocked shocked

Who wrote the bible and the koran? Men did
Re: Letter To Bindex. . . by olabowale(m): 1:28am On Jan 17, 2009
Bindex sound rebellious. He has become an angry man. Now, this will proof to the non-muslim's southern people that Islam is not an exclusive property of the Northern people. Infact, you have many among them whose bloodline is Christianity and never purified by Islam.

Bindex, I have not known any joke in Islam as a religion. Please tell me which part of Islam is a joke? My knowledge of Islam is little, but my root in it, is very deep. I can handle a person like you with my eyes closed. I think you are angry because of a tribal sentiment masked ignorantly by your murderous friends with Islam. Tell me where Islam played any part in that ignorance. I wanna know where Islam is a joke?

I am not surprised anyhow. There are arabs who take harder stand than yours. Often they are ignorant about Islam. They are the ones who didn't pray and all they did was paying attention to "today, the immediate illusion of this world." I have news for you, man, look up, there are the heavens in layers on to of each other. The closest on top of the earth, enveloping it. And so each even above enveloping the one under it, and what it enveloped. Do you see any pillar in keping the heavens from falling? And is there an apparent thread that suspended the earth in its hanging position, which allows everyone on it to have equal advantage?

All of these are easy for Allah. Unfortunately, when you ventured out of Nigeria, you went to a society that does not believe in the existence of God. I know better, even in the "crazy and harsh dog day afternoon society called America."

(1) (Reply)

Daily Tafsir From The Holy Quran / Leadership Role Muslim Women / Being Kind Is The New Fly!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.