Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,131 members, 7,811,194 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

My Tech Start-up Journey - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Tech Start-up Journey (41448 Views)

Could You Start Up An Online Business? / Journey: (DAY 20 - $105 so far) Follow Me As I Make Money On Fiverr From Scratch / A New Tech Start-up, Can You Call It A Success After 3 Months? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Tech Start-up Journey by suxes2005(m): 7:59pm On Nov 14, 2020
Fairview1:

Hello,

Helium Health?

Helium raised 10 million USD

SHALOM

1 Like

Re: My Tech Start-up Journey by xammax(m): 11:35pm On May 15, 2021
1k001:

Wow you're still following.

Yes, we're still in business. Staff strength of 15 people. Thousands of customers, Raised over $300,000. Making rapid progress in a market with lots of opportunities.

Not been without its ups and downs though. With covid now and an impending recession, business is going to be tougher than ever. If you've followed this from the beginning, you will all know however that I'm tougher than any tough situation. I will survive this.

Hello sir,

Saw you still log in to nairaland. I’m still following your thread and would know how the startup is still going.

I know it wouldn’t be easy after the COVID lockdown.

Hoping to hear from you soon. I’ll soon be on my own entrepreneurial journey.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tech Start-up Journey by xammax(m): 10:50pm On May 25, 2021
1k001:

Wow you're still following.

Yes, we're still in business. Staff strength of 15 people. Thousands of customers, Raised over $300,000. Making rapid progress in a market with lots of opportunities.

Not been without its ups and downs though. With covid now and an impending recession, business is going to be tougher than ever. If you've followed this from the beginning, you will all know however that I'm tougher than any tough situation. I will survive this.

Yet to hear from you sir, still following your journey.

1 Like

Re: My Tech Start-up Journey by 1k001(m): 3:42pm On Jun 29, 2021
xammax:

Yet to hear from you sir, still following your journey.

Still alive and kicking.

Recently raised $520,000

Now approaching an annual revenue run rate of $60,000.

Team size is 22 and we're adding more customers and team members.

Not easy but making plenty progress.

5 Likes

Re: My Tech Start-up Journey by xammax(m): 3:52pm On Jun 29, 2021
1k001:

Still alive and kicking.

Recently raised $520,000

Yipeeee. I love startup progress, following your story for a year now. Hopefully I’ll be joining that part soon, I’ll have loved to know the startup but it’s good that it’s still alive, hale and hearty. It feels good chatting with a startup founder, I only read about startups on TechCrunch.

More grease to your elbow sir

1 Like

Re: My Tech Start-up Journey by suxes2005(m): 11:52am On Jul 15, 2021
1k001:

Still alive and kicking.

Recently raised $520,000

I can imagine the burn rate!

22 team members not easy mehn

All the best in your quest
To the mooooon!

SHALOM

2 Likes

Re: My Tech Start-up Journey by Goodnigga: 10:00pm On Dec 24, 2021
1k001:

Still alive and kicking.

Recently raised $520,000

Congrats bro, how many %shares do you still have in your company with all these funds and how did you get into these accelerators?

1 Like

Re: My Tech Start-up Journey by 1k001(m): 8:41pm On Dec 26, 2021
If you're still following this I respect you a lot!

Coming to the end of the year and we're having our best year yet.

We've surpassed $300,000 in revenue, now have 35 team members and are raising a round of a few million dollars going into the new year.

It's been a very tough ride with many sacrifices and difficulties but so glad we're able to make significant progress now.

I went back to read the threads from years ago and it's remarkable how much we went through and how much we've forgotten. Reminds me of the importance of writing things down. Will try in the coming year to write even more not for anyone else but for my future self.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tech Start-up Journey by 1k001(m): 8:43pm On Dec 26, 2021
Goodnigga:

Congrats bro, how many %shares do you still have in your company with all these funds and how did you get into these accelerators?

Founders still retain the majority of the shareholding. We raised so far via SAFE and convertible notes. We're doing an equity round in the coming year that will convert everyone into equity. It will be clearer then what everyone owns. The reality is that it's always difficult to retain significant ownership in one's first venture.

For the accelerators, I just kept applying and building my network and story. The advice I give to people applying is to focus on the 3 "T's".

Team, Traction and TAM.

Make sure you have a great team with domain expertise, Build and get traction and always be progressing regardless of any difficulty, target a large and growing market with a total addressable market in billions of $$.

4 Likes

Re: My Tech Start-up Journey by Goodnigga: 9:14pm On Dec 26, 2021
1k001:

Founders still retain the majority of the shareholding. We raised so far via SAFE and convertible notes. We're doing an equity round in the coming year that will convert everyone into equity. It will be clearer then what everyone owns. The reality is that it's always difficult to retain significant ownership in one's first venture.

For the accelerators, I just kept applying and building my network and story. The advice I give to people applying is to focus on the 3 "T's".

Team, Traction and TAM.

Make sure you have a great team with domain expertise, Build and get traction and always be progressing regardless of any difficulty, target a large and growing market with a total addressable market in billions of $$.
I was guessing so, because the more the investors, the less the control, however, I have a tech start up to launch soon, can I PM you so as to learn the ropes from you personally?
Re: My Tech Start-up Journey by Fairview1: 10:11pm On Dec 26, 2021
1k001:

We've surpassed $300,000 in revenue, now have 35 team members and are raising a round of a few million dollars going into the new year.

It's been a very tough ride with many sacrifices and difficulties but so glad we're able to make significant progress now.

I went back to read the threads from years ago and it's remarkable how much we went through and how much we've forgotten. Reminds me of the importance of writing things down. Will try in the coming year to write even more not for anyone else but for my future self.

Welldone man and congratulations for your conquests so far. I have been following this thread with keen interest. So proud of what you have achieved with this vision which the Lord placed in your heart. Many congratulations Chief. Keep going!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Tech Start-up Journey by Fairview1: 10:12pm On Dec 26, 2021
1k001:

Welldone man and congratulations for the conquests so far. I have been following this thread with keen interest. So proud of what you have achieved with this vision which the Lord placed in your heart. Many congratulations Chief. Keep going!
Re: My Tech Start-up Journey by Ynix(m): 1:44am On Dec 27, 2021
Fairview1:

Welldone man and congratulations for the conquests so far. I have been following this thread with keen interest. So proud of what you have achieved with this vision which the Lord placed in your heart. Many congratulations Chief. Keep going!
Just came across your awesome Nairaland Diary.
Can you please help us by being a guest speaker in a webminar that will be put on YouTube, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Some days ago I answered a question here for someone in need of joining network of software developers and to my surprise over 100 persons chatted me up.
This led to the launching of a tech community focused on empowering IT professionals (and potential professionals) seeking for growth and opportunities.
My job is to act as a bridge a visionary builder that will prepare them for opportunities.
Please reach out to me via 08089456258
Your story can be helpful for them or whoever you delegated.

Thanks
Re: My Tech Start-up Journey by Ynix(m): 1:44am On Dec 27, 2021
1k001:
I've recently founded a tech start-up and it's been quite a whirlwind.

I've had to try figure out so many things on my own so thought it would be useful to relate some of the things i experience to help me reflect and perhaps help others who may be looking at something similar.

Feel free to jump in and comment or ask questions
Just came across your awesome Nairaland Diary.
Can you please help us by being a guest speaker in a webminar that will be put on YouTube, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Some days ago I answered a question here for someone in need of joining network of software developers and to my surprise over 100 persons chatted me up.
This led to the launching of a tech community focused on empowering IT professionals (and potential professionals) seeking for growth and opportunities.
My job is to act as a bridge a visionary builder that will prepare them for opportunities.
Please reach out to me via 08089456258
Your story can be helpful for them or whoever you delegated.

Thanks
Re: My Tech Start-up Journey by xammax(m): 7:22am On Apr 01, 2022
1k001:

This is nice, still following your journey sir. I’ll join the the startup train hopefully soon. Greater heights to your business

1 Like

Re: My Tech Start-up Journey by Fairview1: 2:04pm On Jul 17, 2022
Still checking...
Re: My Tech Start-up Journey by lordally(m): 2:47pm On Jul 17, 2022
1k001:

Team, Traction and TAM.

How's the Start-up going currently I hope to hear good news... I'm gonna be elated by it!!

I'm currently self learning Software development ( JavaScript ) and I hope to be part of the team when I'm done learning!!

1 Like

Re: My Tech Start-up Journey by 1k001(m): 12:56am On Jul 18, 2022
Always surprises me that people still follow this thread.

So things are going okay still. We've raised over $1 million now. We have a team of 55 people and we have surpassed last year's revenue of $350k already this year. The economic slowdown is slowing our growth but we're still excited about what we're building and the difference we're able to make.

Whatever you do as an entrepreneur, never give up. Your dreams are valid.

6 Likes

Re: My Tech Start-up Journey by Avast(m): 7:14am On Jul 18, 2022
1k001:

So things are going okay still. We've raised over $1 million now. We have a team of 55 people and we have surpassed last year's revenue of $350k already this year. The economic slowdown is slowing our growth but we're still excited about what we're building and the difference we're able to make.

Kudos
Re: My Tech Start-up Journey by DonX001: 9:07am On Jul 19, 2022
1k001:

Wow, I'm really happy for you.
More wind to your sails.
Your toughness and persistence over the years is paying off, and hopefully will continue to pay off even more in future.
Don't stop updating here pls. You'll always have readers and continue to inspire people, and show what's possible with persistence and doggedness.
I wish you and your company a billion dollar valuation sometime in the future.
Cheers to a great future ahead.
Re: My Tech Start-up Journey by xammax(m): 1:55pm On Aug 20, 2022
1k001:

Nice to hear that, still following

1 Like

Re: My Tech Start-up Journey by xammax(m): 12:41pm On Apr 07, 2023
1k001:

Still following, any update on how it’s going. Thank you, just remembered you
Re: My Tech Start-up Journey by MrCounselor: 10:30am On Jan 09
I love this.
Kudos to you, sir.
Re: My Tech Start-up Journey by 1k001(m): 4:10pm On Jan 10
xammax:

Still following, any update on how it’s going. Thank you, just remembered you

Thanks for keeping up.

We did just under 1 billion Naira last year in revenue and employ about 60 people across several cities.

Your dreams are valid but it will require a lot of hard work and perseverance.
Re: My Tech Start-up Journey by databoy247(m): 5:58pm On Jan 10
1k001:

Thanks for keeping up.

We did just under 1 billion Naira last year in revenue and employ about 60 people across several cities.

Your dreams are valid but it will require a lot of hard work and perseverance.

Can we know the name of your startup now? Or its still being kept a secret?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Hannatu Dantata Talks About Trump Muslim Ban. Cries Out For Help / Oyinlola Market In FESTAC Demolished Without Warning, Shops Looted / Friend Refuses To Pay Twitter User After He Lent Him Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.