Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,075 members, 7,811,016 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

A New Tech Start-up, Can You Call It A Success After 3 Months? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A New Tech Start-up, Can You Call It A Success After 3 Months? (1037 Views)

Could You Start Up An Online Business? / How Do I Get My Money Back After 3 Weeks Atm Debited My Account? / My Tech Start-up Journey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A New Tech Start-up, Can You Call It A Success After 3 Months? by databoy247(m): 3:01pm On Apr 15, 2015
I have seen and read about start-ups that have excelled beyond expectations and i have always wondered what the secret ingredient is. But the more i searched aimlessly, the more i saw nothing. I resigned from my white collar job in 2011, roamed the streets till 2013 doing some freelancing which was not really productive. At the end i decided to pull myself together and really decide on what i needed to do. From the advice i got, it was imperative that i get organized and go official, hence my registration process with CAC in 2014.

When i started this journey, i created a thread for it (or you may call it a diary);

https://www.nairaland.com/1824660/5-star-global-company-start-up

My major aim of setting up shop was to become a contractor with government agencies and Oil companies. But i was a novice, the more i asked questions the more i got nothing. Nobody seems to be able to give me a clear cut definition on how to proceed as a contractor. A lot of people around me called themselves contractors but in reality they do not really know what they have gotten themselves into. There are alot of procedures, alot of paperwork, etc. So, i delved into some research and learned that it is not just about registering your company with CAC, there are tons of things to do.

And then an idea hit me! I carried out a brief survey (some of you can call it feasibility study) and realized that out of every 100 contractor in Nigeria, 96% don't really know what they are doing or what to do....they lacked information. Now what if i create a solution for them? What if i set up a web portal where they get direct access to information, procedures, contract offers, bid invitations from multinational companies and government agencies? Would they see it as a solution to their problem?

So, the Office Manager idea was born.

The Office Manager Project is a tech start-up initiative that came into fruition in November 2014, became fully active in January (after series of testing) and now has more than 1,200 subscribed contractors, company representatives and business owners spread across Nigeria in our web portal making it a very welcome initiative. We believe in a better Nigeria where existing and aspiring contractors can participate and enjoy the Local Content Act, as provisioned by the Nigerian constitution. We believe in helping as many Nigerians as we can attain success as contractors and business owners.

OM is currently operated as a web based portal utilizing latest web technology to deliver custom corporate solutions and we are doing our best to ensure customer satisfaction and retention especially with our unique mode of operation.

I have been running the project myself and in 3 months, it seems the workload is now much for me alone which has prompted the idea of getting extra hands (professionals) to help out, apart from my current office staff. The Office Manager project, in three months got more responses than i anticipated. And A LOT still needs to be done. Like the development of our custom apps (iOS, Android, and Blackberry) which every contractor will find super useful. This is still in the planning phase.

You are welcome to visit the website and give your assessment. For those interested, you can register and have a firsthand experience of what we offer. grin

This is an email i got this morning from one of our numerous members;

Good morning Office manager Team,

Firstly, I would like to congratulate you on the Marvelous work you are doing on this platform.
Since I subscribed to your news letter, I am very motivated to be a better person.
Currently, I am in the process of registering a Ltd company. I would let you know when I am done so you can show me the ropes on how to do or partake in the jobs you post.
I have tried to register to your website. But the link isn't working.
What other alternative measures do you have in place for rare incidents like this?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Do have an amazingly successful day.

Best Regards,

I get emails like this everyday, and this has given me joy and i can proudly say that The Office Manager project will be a successful tech start-up that will change lives and empower thousands of Nigerians. I wont term it successful yet! Your contributions are welcome.
Re: A New Tech Start-up, Can You Call It A Success After 3 Months? by 1k001(m): 6:47am On Apr 16, 2015
Your pivoting from 5 star global to office manager now? grin
Re: A New Tech Start-up, Can You Call It A Success After 3 Months? by databoy247(m): 7:07am On Apr 16, 2015
1k001:
Your pivoting from 5 star global to office manager now? grin

Lol....sometimes we just have to flow with the dynamics.
Re: A New Tech Start-up, Can You Call It A Success After 3 Months? by glintspot: 3:26pm On Oct 29, 2015
EARN UP TO N45,000 MONTHLY BY BEING OUR RESELLER
Become our reseller and get a complete sms website of your own @ www.glintsms.com Our sms component will be installed with our robust program that makes it possible for you to sell sms, manage your members, get orders, approve purchases, view transactions e.t.c.
As a reseller, you can get sms for as low as N0.80kobo and sell as much a N2.25k per sms.
1.) Buy your initial sms units at N0.80kobo
2.) Plus a free E-BOOK (How To WIN AND KEEP YOUR CUSTOMERS FOR LIFE)
3.) Free designed bulksms website
4.) Free domain name registration
5.) Free web hosting for a year
6.)Free 500 sms units
7.) Free manual to run your bulksms buisness(Ebook)
All this you will get for as low as N20,000,
BUY sms in Nigeria FOR AS LOW AS N0.80KOBO. act now this a limited time offer, bulk sms website has never been this cheap in Nigeria.
It could be your only chance to start making steady income online
RUSH NOW WHILE OFFER LAST .CALL FOR ENQUIRE. 08112669601 OR 07038980699

(1) (Reply)

Airtel Red Hot Promo – Win Millions From Airtel Promo Now / Business Proposal Sample ( On Poultry, Piggery, Fishery, Crop Production Etc.) / GTB Embarassed Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.