Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,307 members, 7,954,233 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:04 PM

Where Or How Can I Get A Good Market For My Screenplay/script? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Where Or How Can I Get A Good Market For My Screenplay/script? (515 Views)

Professional Editor, Narrator/voice Over, Screenplay/interviewer Needed / Classic Movie Screenplay for sale / Nollywood Script Writer: Screenplay From Nollywood; How To Write And Sell It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where Or How Can I Get A Good Market For My Screenplay/script? by aerolandtravels(m): 5:58am On Mar 06, 2015
As a writer, I've been writing for years... I've got a lot of scripts but whenever I try to sell them, producers just turn me down. Am trying to gather funds to produce it myself but it's not been easy. Sometimes I feel like giving it all up. What should I do? I need an advice
Re: Where Or How Can I Get A Good Market For My Screenplay/script? by prof800(m): 8:14am On Mar 06, 2015
Why do producers turn your scripts down?
Could it be that there is something missing in your scripts?
Screenwriting is a profession and there are standards and set rules of writing a movie script. Does your script follow standards and set rules of a normal screenplay in terms of structure?
What is the theme and setting?
Is it a typical Hollywood story or typical Nigerian story.?
Will it cost too much too produce which scares off the producers?
Is your story too macaroni or watery?

Do the producers even know a good story?

These are just a few questions your may want to consider.

Have you ever given your scripts to a friend and received positive feedback?
Have you tried entering your screenplays into screenwriting competitions and festivals?
Have you given one of the scripts to a critic to help you review and give you constructive criticisms.?
Have you posted a sample work or excerpt of your script on an online forum like nairaland.com, indietalk, screenwritinggoldmine etc.. in order to catch the eye of possible buyers/ sponsors.?

These are a few things you might want to consider doing.

I just need to tell you that selling a screenplay is sometimes harder than writing it itself.
It takes patience and luck. I know a writer in Alberta who has been trying to sell his scripts since 2007... and this guy is very good, in fact one of the best writers I have seen. So be patient and hope for the best.

Here are some threads you might want to check out:

https://www.nairaland.com/1446740/mothering-heights-short-film-script

https://www.nairaland.com/1389587/short-script-hope-pray

https://www.nairaland.com/1449649/nigerian-horror-story-short-film

prof800 wishes you luck.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Rap Hook In BURSTED By Hodgreat Is Really Challenging All Naija Artistes / When Waz The Movie Incredible Hulk Started Existing? / Video: Police force On Duty (short Story) By A Nairalander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.