Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

My Open Letter To IKEDC (NEPA @ Ikeja) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Open Letter To IKEDC (NEPA @ Ikeja) (11148 Views)

NEPA Bill In 1984 Vs 2017 (Photos) / #occupyikedc....ojodu Abiodun Youth Protest To IKEDC, Ojodu Business District / PHCN And IKEDC Staff Caught In Their Shameful Act! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Open Letter To IKEDC (NEPA @ Ikeja) by nairalandbuzz(m): 7:04am On Mar 06, 2015
IKEDC

I am writing this with uttermost pain in my heart to be under your administration for power service. We all know of the epileptic power supply in Nigeria but it is just of recent under the administration of IKEDC have I been experiencing what I can describe as a an epileptic politically inspired power supply.

During the privatization process, we were all happy hoping to have fresh air of power administration in Nigeria neither do we know that we are going from another frying pan to fire. We were expecting a power house that will be more efficient that the water corporation but the reverse is the case. This is just another failed state of old wine in new wineskin. They are still practicing the ever Never Expect Power Always using alzheimer's formula... As they have totally forgotten some areas under their administration when it comes to power delivery.

IKEDC is Ikeja Electrical Distribution Company, which serves Oworonsoki ... ...where I stay. Directly opposite us is another area Bariga popularly known for the notorious act. Ever since I have been the the area for like six years now, I have never experienced good power supply.

You ask me of why? The funny thing is that they bring the bill on the 15th of every month and it has now been a ritual for us to have power on every 14th of every month (epileptic of course) for another week till they shut us down again. After numerous calls, they will tell us that they have issues with the fuse or they Dont have power to supply. Another annoying thing is that Bariga Shomolu that is under same administration is not under same fate as us. Their power is constant and their own fuse never goes out even though they are the one with the numerous printing press companies and other ones that efficiently utilize more electricity...

Sometimes, I begin to wonder if the issue is because of the numerous touts in Bariga that can go into their offices to break heads or the rumour that most of their officials around the environ lives in Bariga and they have refused to cut their neighbour out of the supply... I still wonder.

I have called their office numerous times, give us light una no gree. Give his prepaid meter na another issue. U have been asking for prepaid meter since last year and was told that we should have it by Dec 2014 and later January 2015.. Later it was February... March and yesterday, I was told its been suspended till May. They bring bills of around 12000 for each flat that uses generator to sleep every night... How do you want them to pay those bills in as much as they are using the money they have to fuel the I beta pass my neighbour generator that they use every night?

Tell this to your bill messengers that one day, monkey go go market and him no go come back... One day we in this environs will stop receiving your bill. There is just one entrance to Oworo and we shall await them there to send them back.

Do you guys know how frustrating it is to go home everyday seeing light at the other side of the road just five minutes walk away and you Dont have? Waking up every morning noticing that you burned up ur own money overnight on fuel whereas they had the light overnight and at the end of the month you all make same payment?

This so called act is neither sound morally nor religiously. You need to CHANGE. People are onlooking and one day after knowing they are left facing the wall, we shall all pounce on you and I so sure any public defender will be glad to take up a case that is concerning a community, huge, regarding a power delivery company and most importantly, that will put their name in the dailies.

Sorry for the typos... Sent while commuting.
Re: My Open Letter To IKEDC (NEPA @ Ikeja) by nairalandbuzz(m): 5:05pm On Mar 06, 2015
How is it in your own area?
Re: My Open Letter To IKEDC (NEPA @ Ikeja) by bintudon(f): 9:02am On May 25, 2015
Do you need prepaid meter?
Re: My Open Letter To IKEDC (NEPA @ Ikeja) by Portsmouth86(f): 2:43am On May 29, 2015
My Husband lives in Bariga, I visited from England twice in the last 6 months, both of these occasions there was no electricity not even for an hour, I call my husband everyday and I got back from Bariga on 1st April even to this day there has been no supply in Bariga, so I'm not sure how you can say Bariga has supply, when they are in the same situation as you and many other areas, many homes I noticed were reliant on their generators, which is a mission now with the fuel scarcity. It is appalling that you all get a bill despite not receiving a supply.
Re: My Open Letter To IKEDC (NEPA @ Ikeja) by nairalandbuzz(m): 12:59pm On May 30, 2015
Portsmouth86:
My Husband lives in Bariga, I visited from England twice in the last 6 months, both of these occasions there was no electricity not even for an hour, I call my husband everyday and I got back from Bariga on 1st April even to this day there has been no supply in Bariga, so I'm not sure how you can say Bariga has supply, when they are in the same situation as you and many other areas, many homes I noticed were reliant on their generators, which is a mission now with the fuel scarcity. It is appalling that you all get a bill despite not receiving a supply.

Confirm... They've got issues then. Everyone knows that here.

1 Like

Re: My Open Letter To IKEDC (NEPA @ Ikeja) by Portsmouth86(f): 4:52am On Jun 01, 2015
nairalandbuzz:

Confirm... They've got issues then. Everyone knows that here.

Update: Hubby told me they finally have electricity in Bariga ...I wonder how long it will last this time grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Did You Get Your Nickname??? / Nddy Is Back / N21.8b Appeal Fund Not For Jonathan’s Campaign Alone - Prof Jerry Gana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.