Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,497 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Anyone With Information On Treculia Africana (ukwa In Igbo Language)? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Anyone With Information On Treculia Africana (ukwa In Igbo Language)? (1041 Views)

pandoro / Update On My Grafted Plants; Mango ,avocado, Treculia Africana / Join Me In This Lucrative Bread Fruit("ukwa" In Igbo;"afon" In Yoruba) Business. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anyone With Information On Treculia Africana (ukwa In Igbo Language)? by Primegold: 12:04pm On Mar 06, 2015
Hi All,

I am interested in learning more about Treculia Africana popularly called ukwa in Igbo language.

Does anyone know a nursery where seedlings could be bought?
Re: Anyone With Information On Treculia Africana (ukwa In Igbo Language)? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Mar 06, 2015
I don't know how or where it's cultivated but I love eating it like ki lode. It's very costly in the market but the damn meal na balm. smiley

1 Like

Re: Anyone With Information On Treculia Africana (ukwa In Igbo Language)? by Adeeko007(m): 2:52pm On Mar 06, 2015
You should go to those igbos around you and ask
Re: Anyone With Information On Treculia Africana (ukwa In Igbo Language)? by Pavore9: 4:33pm On Mar 06, 2015
lt is more of an igbo food and still cultivated the traditional way. some of the ones we are eating now were not purposely planted as they sprouted on their own. l recall there is nursery in Nsukka, I will try and get the contact.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone With Information On Treculia Africana (ukwa In Igbo Language)? by Primegold: 10:44pm On Mar 06, 2015
Pavore9:
lt is more of an igbo food and still cultivated the traditional way. some of the ones we are eating now were not purposely planted as they sprouted on their own. l recall there is nursery in Nsukka, I will try and get the contact.

You're a walking encyclopedia!

Many thanks Pavore9. I'm looking forward to it.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone With Information On Treculia Africana (ukwa In Igbo Language)? by Primegold: 10:48pm On Mar 06, 2015
Adeeko007:
You should go to those igbos around you and ask

Thanks Adeeko007.

Problem is that it appears 90% of supplies still depend on the old way - happenstance.
Re: Anyone With Information On Treculia Africana (ukwa In Igbo Language)? by Primegold: 11:45pm On Mar 17, 2015
Pavore9:

Dear Pavore9,

Any progress on this sir?

BR
Re: Anyone With Information On Treculia Africana (ukwa In Igbo Language)? by Pavore9: 12:44am On Mar 18, 2015
Primegold:

Dear Pavore9,

BR

I have been contacting those l worked with years back around Nsukka-Adani-Omasi region but none seem to still have the contact of the guy who showed us around his ukwa nursery and this was way back 2009!

I will still be on it to get you a link to the seedlings, on lighter note you have provoked my tongue to salivate as it has been long l tasted ukwa. grin

Food for thought....'If a man plants ten breadfruit trees in his life, which he can do in about an hour, he would completely fulfil his duty to his own as well as future generations'.
Re: Anyone With Information On Treculia Africana (ukwa In Igbo Language)? by Opiosko: 3:51am On Mar 18, 2015
Primegold:

Dear Pavore9,

BR
How many do you want....?
Re: Anyone With Information On Treculia Africana (ukwa In Igbo Language)? by Primegold: 11:41am On Mar 26, 2015
Opiosko:
How many do you want....?

Can you provide details of what you have?
Re: Anyone With Information On Treculia Africana (ukwa In Igbo Language)? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Mar 26, 2015
I may not know your location but I can raise treculia for you.
I want you to note that I can graft it as well so you can call me on 08057021372 or www.splash agro. to .known more

(1) (Reply)

Farmers Are Kings (AGBE LOBA) / Agricultural Machinery's For Sale / Highhill Organic Pineapple Hub. Fresh,New AndReady For Just 20 Serious Investors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.