Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,662 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Most Livable Cities In Nigeria For Expatriates - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Most Livable Cities In Nigeria For Expatriates (40075 Views)

10 Most Livable Cities In Nigeria / 10 Most Expensive Cities In Africa 2015 [photos] / 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Livable Cities In Nigeria For Expatriates by spyder880(m): 10:15pm On Mar 06, 2015
Before posting Enugu pictures, this is what we enjoyed at Veronica suits GRA Enugu. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Most Livable Cities In Nigeria For Expatriates by Olaone1: 10:18pm On Mar 06, 2015
spyder880:
Before posting Enugu pictures, this is what we enjoyed at Veronica suits GRA Enugu. cheesy
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2187098_20150306192509_jpege38d1b3fbbc7a04b42e9346d8d58d4e5
Kai! I pity you oo.

See cream shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
You for kuku order for cream only. Hmmmmm

People who still believe salad and cream must be served together. So last century tongue
Re: Most Livable Cities In Nigeria For Expatriates by Nobody: 10:20pm On Mar 06, 2015
Olaone1:

It is glaring. You really don't know your hometown. You can claim Ibadan, though. Talk about benevolence and Ibadan
I visit Ibadan every year, Yes there are some good parts, Like the images the OP showed, but the fact is, that's just like 15% of the whole City. Ibadan lacks basic amenities.. The electricity is poor, there isn't even a good water system, the public schools are nothing to write home about, The road network is not that great either, the transport system is terrible! This are the little things that makes up a city and Ibadan clearly lacks them... I'm sorry if Ibadan isn't my favorite holiday destination in Nigeria. But truth is, it's just as shitty as most places in Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Most Livable Cities In Nigeria For Expatriates by tranxo(m): 10:21pm On Mar 06, 2015
spyder880:
Hmmmmmm... Veronica! Been a while.

2 Likes

Re: Most Livable Cities In Nigeria For Expatriates by Nobody: 10:26pm On Mar 06, 2015
Volksfuhrer:

What is 'world class' about Abuja and Lagos?
Abuja is a world class City
1. Constant Electricity.. I can't even remember when last my Generator was fueled.
2. Good road network!
3. Good schools, both private and public
4. Good transport system
5. Clean water
6. Proper drainage system throughout the city
7. World class shopping malls.. e.g shoprite, next, grand square, xclusive stores.. The list goes on and on.
8. Really beautiful and we'll planned city.
9. Unemployment rate is minimal to some extent.
10. The security is also good!
I could go on and on, but I'll stop here..

3 Likes

Re: Most Livable Cities In Nigeria For Expatriates by Olaone1: 10:26pm On Mar 06, 2015
Toluwarni:
I visit Ibadan every year, Yes there are some good parts, Like the images the OP showed, but the fact is, that's just like 15% of the whole City. Ibadan lacks basic amenities.. The electricity is poor, there isn't even a good water system, the public schools are nothing to write home about, The road network is not that great either, the transport system is terrible! This are the little things that makes up a city and Ibadan clearly lacks them... I'm sorry if Ibadan isn't my favorite holiday destination in Nigeria. But truth is, it's just as shitty as most places in Nigeria
Alien in here. Mods alert.

See why I called you slothful?

Tell me the name of just one city in Naija that has immunity against what you listed. Have you seen pix of Lekki after a downpour?

#beenlightened

1 Like

Re: Most Livable Cities In Nigeria For Expatriates by Nobody: 10:30pm On Mar 06, 2015
Olaone1:

Alien in here. Mods alert.

See why I called you slothful?

Tell me the name of just one city in Naija that has immunity against what you listed. [b]Have you seen pix of Lekki after a heavy downpour? [\b]

#beenlightened
Abuja, Lagos even Osogbo..
@The bolded: is Lekki the only place in Lagos? Just face it, Ibadan is not even an average city, by international standards.. Except if it has suddenly become Miami in the last 3 months lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: Most Livable Cities In Nigeria For Expatriates by Olaone1: 10:32pm On Mar 06, 2015
Toluwarni:
Abuja, Lagos even Osogbo..
@The bolded: is Lekki the only place in Lagos? Just face it, Ibadan is not even an average city, by international standards..
So, what part of Lagos/Oshogbo really really gives you a hard-on?

Where electricity is regularly supplied. And, water system................world-class?
Re: Most Livable Cities In Nigeria For Expatriates by Nobody: 10:36pm On Mar 06, 2015
Olaone1:

So, what part of Lagos/Oshogbo really really gives you a hard-on?

Where electricity is regularly supplied. And, water system................world-class?
Do I really need to start naming them? The electricity in Lagos and Osogbo is clearly better than IB's.. Now I'm not just talking of a few places, I'm talking of the city in General..
QUESTION: You stay in IB right? If yes, where in IB do you stay?

3 Likes

Re: Most Livable Cities In Nigeria For Expatriates by Tbamo(m): 10:39pm On Mar 06, 2015
Egbagirl:
Biko OP, add ISI to your list of schools. If you're going to add BIS/BIC, then you need to include ISI.
Don't mind him oh he forgot ibadan ' realest' school!

1 Like

Re: Most Livable Cities In Nigeria For Expatriates by Olaone1: 10:39pm On Mar 06, 2015
Toluwarni:
Do I really need to start naming them? The electricity in Lagos and Osogbo is clearly better than IB's.. Now I'm not just talking of a few places, I'm talking of the city in General..
Enjoy your Oshogbo. lipsrsealed
Bye undecided
Re: Most Livable Cities In Nigeria For Expatriates by Tbamo(m): 10:43pm On Mar 06, 2015
Toluwarni:

Road network is bad? Dude I grew up in ib and now live in ph and on a daily basis I miss ibadan road network! It may not be comparable to Abuja but it sure beats most cities in nigeria. It's the only city where u will call ur guys from the four ends of the city and they can meet up in one hour!
Re: Most Livable Cities In Nigeria For Expatriates by Missy89(f): 10:43pm On Mar 06, 2015
Toluwarni:
Abuja and Lagos alone are probably the only world class cities in Nigeria... The rest though!! I've got nothing more to say lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

There is no word class city in Nigeria #fact!

4 Likes

Re: Most Livable Cities In Nigeria For Expatriates by Nobody: 10:47pm On Mar 06, 2015
Tbamo:

Road network is bad? Dude I grew up in ib and now live in ph and on a daily basis I miss ibadan road network! It may not be comparable to Abuja but it sure beats most cities in nigeria. It's the only city where u will call ur guys from the four ends of the city and they can meet up in one hour!
I said *Not that great* can you drive a Lamborghini in Ibadan Peacefully?

1 Like

Re: Most Livable Cities In Nigeria For Expatriates by Nobody: 10:47pm On Mar 06, 2015
Missy89:

There is no word class city in Nigeria #fact!
Seconded tongue I withdraw my former statement

1 Like

Re: Most Livable Cities In Nigeria For Expatriates by Nobody: 10:48pm On Mar 06, 2015
Toluwarni:

The electricity of where you visits might be bad but here in Apata axis, its okay. It's true that for most part Ibadan is shitty but same goes for each and every city in this country even the FCT is at least 60% shitty, but life is good for us who can find happiness in the little we have, thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Most Livable Cities In Nigeria For Expatriates by Olaone1: 10:49pm On Mar 06, 2015
Toluwarni:
No. Nah... Only in Oshogbo undecided

1 Like

Re: Most Livable Cities In Nigeria For Expatriates by Nobody: 10:49pm On Mar 06, 2015
spyder880:
Oga, u enjoyed oh. The salad looks delish tongue

1 Like

Re: Most Livable Cities In Nigeria For Expatriates by Missy89(f): 10:50pm On Mar 06, 2015
Toluwarni:

Dude are you sure you have been to Ibadan? what do u mean by can someone drive a Lamborghini in Ibadan peacefully?
Re: Most Livable Cities In Nigeria For Expatriates by emmatok(m): 10:50pm On Mar 06, 2015
dirtymoney:
Op has forgotten to mention what the expatriates would be doing in Ibadan. Its not all about having shopping malls, estates and recreational centres. What these foreigners care about is where they can site their multi-billion dollar investment...where they can invest and get food returns for their investments... the technicians look for where they can be gainfully employed and enjoy that fat five-digits-dollar-salary.

Who do think work @ IITA,Coca-Cola , Nigerian Breweries , Procter and Gamble ,British American Tobacco and Zartech Limited. Just to name a few.
Re: Most Livable Cities In Nigeria For Expatriates by Olaone1: 10:51pm On Mar 06, 2015
Shymexx, if I see your a*se on this thread, I will KILL you grin
Nothing derogatory, okay? Only appreciative comments allowed. Okay? cool
Re: Most Livable Cities In Nigeria For Expatriates by Tbamo(m): 10:52pm On Mar 06, 2015
freshcvv:
Ibadan for expatriate? Lol

If you have not seen another man's farm, you end up claiming yours is the biggest..

Now let's go with real fact, answer this: which city host more expatriate in Nigeria? Is ibadan even in the top 5?
Actually ibadan already has the second largest expat population after lagos due to its relative peace! In fact a Lebanese guy is one of the king makers in the town and the governors wife is half arab!
I had so many expat as school mates in isi so free call the census board if it's really paining you!
Re: Most Livable Cities In Nigeria For Expatriates by 100Cents: 10:53pm On Mar 06, 2015
Everywhere is livable on earth.

Your money and creativity makes the whole difference.

3 Likes

Re: Most Livable Cities In Nigeria For Expatriates by Nobody: 10:54pm On Mar 06, 2015
emmatok:

Who do think work @ IITA,Coca-Cola , Nigerian Breweries , Procter and Gamble ,British American Tobacco and Zartech Limited. Just to name a few.

Lol, don't mind that ignorant guy. There are 4th generation Lebanese in Ibadan. So much more there is a Lebanon street in the heart of Ibadan.

2 Likes

Re: Most Livable Cities In Nigeria For Expatriates by Olaone1: 10:57pm On Mar 06, 2015
django1:

Lol, don't mind that ignorant guy. There are 4th generation Lebanese in Ibadan. So much more there is a Lebanon street in the heart of Ibadan.
They are so settled and comfy in Ibadan they even wear Agbada grin grin

They are many in Jericho. They even chew "pako" cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Most Livable Cities In Nigeria For Expatriates by Tbamo(m): 10:58pm On Mar 06, 2015
django1:

Was in ib last easter and the malls had more whites than blacks! The expats that come to IITA alone yearly number in thousands!
Re: Most Livable Cities In Nigeria For Expatriates by forgiveness: 10:59pm On Mar 06, 2015
mcchaka:
...How about JOS....JTown?

Well, Jos religious crises, coupled with terror attacks in the North have over shadowed all its potentials and that have ruled it out from the list.
Re: Most Livable Cities In Nigeria For Expatriates by Nobody: 11:05pm On Mar 06, 2015
Nice post. God bless Eba Odan.
Re: Most Livable Cities In Nigeria For Expatriates by forgiveness: 11:06pm On Mar 06, 2015
[quote author=Egbagirl post=31372072]Biko OP, add ISI to your list of schools. If you're going to add BIS/BIC, then you need to include ISI. [/quote

Do you mean Ibadan international school in U.l?
Re: Most Livable Cities In Nigeria For Expatriates by Raiders: 11:09pm On Mar 06, 2015
Toluwarni:

Abuja is a world class City
1. Constant Electricity.. I can't even remember when last my Generator was fueled.
2. Good road network!
3. Good schools, both private and public
4. Good transport system
5. Clean water
6. Proper drainage system throughout the city
7. World class shopping malls.. e.g shoprite, next, grand square, xclusive stores.. The list goes on and on.
8. Really beautiful and we'll planned city.
9. Unemployment rate is minimal to some extent.
10. The security is also good!
I could go on and on, but I'll stop here..
Abuja is an average city not a world class city. You cant call Abuja "world class" city when it cant compete with other international cities like London, LA and NY

1 Like

Re: Most Livable Cities In Nigeria For Expatriates by forgiveness: 11:09pm On Mar 06, 2015
[quote author=IYANGBALI post=31372098]Op se omo ibadan ni o ni abi family Ajumobi? grin[/quote.

O ti o, emii kin se omo ibadan tabi omo Ajumobi o....

Omo naija lemi o.....
Re: Most Livable Cities In Nigeria For Expatriates by IYANGBALI: 11:11pm On Mar 06, 2015
[quote author=forgiveness post=31375304][/quote]ok now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sewage Truck Falls In Asaba (Photos) / Container Truck Fell Flat On A Car In Port Harcourt And Driver Survives (Photo) / FRSC Recovers N27.1M At Scene Of Osun Road Crash That Killed Six Persons (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.