Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,894 members, 7,824,745 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Top 12 Misconceptions About Islam - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Top 12 Misconceptions About Islam (14607 Views)

Common Misconceptions About Islam / The French Seek Knowledge About Islam From Islamic Books (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 12 Misconceptions About Islam by drizzy009: 2:51pm On Mar 13, 2015
peace be unto you. thank you
Re: Top 12 Misconceptions About Islam by SHAAWA: 3:02pm On Mar 13, 2015
Masha Allah

Re: Top 12 Misconceptions About Islam by eluquenson(m): 3:21pm On Mar 13, 2015
Alhamdullilahi, this is an eye opener.
May Allah reward you abundantly
Re: Top 12 Misconceptions About Islam by umarionation(m): 3:27pm On Mar 13, 2015
Allahu akbar u jst made my day U May ALLAH mke Aljanatul firdaus our Abode
Re: Top 12 Misconceptions About Islam by umarionation(m): 3:27pm On Mar 13, 2015
Allahu akbar u jst made my day May ALLAH mke Aljanatul firdaus our Abode
Allahu akbar u jst made my day May ALLAH mke Aljanatul firdaus our Abode
Amin
Re: Top 12 Misconceptions About Islam by hybeenoni: 3:45pm On Mar 13, 2015
What a lovely and educative write up.
Would rilli love it if non Muslims r allowed to comment on the threads or hw else cn we show tolerancy?
Re: Top 12 Misconceptions About Islam by Kbraims(m): 3:49pm On Mar 13, 2015
As a matter of fact among d dominant religions,no one of dem encourage d killn of innocnt pple,bt among dem no one codemn killn of innocent pple to d maximum length lyk ISLAM.In Suratul maheeda Allah says:KILLING ONE INNOCENT PERSON IS LIKE KILLING THE WHOLE OF HUMANITY.Advice: Never let the media especially western media to educate/orient u abt islam because dey will teach u notin except hatred 2 islam!
Re: Top 12 Misconceptions About Islam by olalekan1(m): 3:54pm On Mar 13, 2015
May Allah SWT make them understand.
Re: Top 12 Misconceptions About Islam by qasmah(f): 4:06pm On Mar 13, 2015
kuss:
I can never be a Muslim
The tolerance of Islam is everywhere for us to see, even here on nairaland. I dare u to remove the restriction on this thread lets know how tolerant Islam is.
Christian and Muslim don't worship the same God. Allah is not God
All terrorists are Muslim But not all Muslim are terrorist
For your information i was a Muslim and my mother is still a Muslim .you may say then your mother is a terroris . She is Just like millions of Muslims who have been deceived or born into the religion.
mind you what shekau Boko Haram is doing today is not different from what usman dan fodio, prophet Muhammad did in their times . It's civilization that calls it terrorism.
Ban me if u like
Call Him what u like,The Lord ur God is one,n He alone is the creator of the heavens n d earth...He is Allah the only one,so pls don't be further confused.A Muslim can neva b a terrorist .I won't say ur mother is a terrorist,but I'll only say that she did not bring u up in the way of Islam that's why u think so lowly of the prophet whom it's obvious u know nothing about.Mind u anyone can go on the media to lay bogus claims like u by saying they were once Muslims..it doesn't make them Muslims.Moreso ,u do not even understand d meaning of the word tolerance,cos it's obvious from ur outburst dt u are not tolerant at all.Islam is the balm u need to soothe ur pains as well as rid u of all d bitterness u have within u..n I invite u to it so u can find n know peace

4 Likes

Re: Top 12 Misconceptions About Islam by jomoh: 4:07pm On Mar 13, 2015
zionzoe:
I stand to prove you wrong in what you said that"No religion (even idolators)
preaches violence." If Islam doesnot preach violence why did Mohammed practise Violence. So when you Hadit says they should kill Jews and Christians and others that is not Violence? Moreover your Jesus is diffrent from my Jesus. My Jesus is not going to come so that he can help propagate islam, that Jesus that ur book taught you will come is a Deciever, he will decieve many to accept islam, calling down fire from heaveN and doing many signs and wonder, he wIll also say it is a lie he did not die for our sins and he never ressurected. Can you see? My Jesus died for the whole world including you, He does not want you killed like you are told to kill us, if you accept him, your eternity is sure, He is now in heaven unlike your man dat you still pray for to make heaven.My Jesus is not just an ordinary prophet in d ranks of Moses or whoever, He is Sinless and Loves us! I rest my case.[color=#006600][/color]

Please read this topic. After reading we can now discuss the issue u have with islam here.
Re: Top 12 Misconceptions About Islam by Kbraims(m): 4:20pm On Mar 13, 2015
kuss:
I can never be a Muslim
The tolerance of Islam is everywhere for us to see, even here on nairaland. I dare u to remove the restriction on this thread lets know how tolerant Islam is.
For your information i was a Muslim and my mother is still a Muslim .you may say then your mother is a terroris . She is Just like millions of Muslims who have been deceived or born into the religion.
mind you what shekau Boko Haram is doing today is not different from what usman dan fodio, prophet Muhammad did in their times . It's civilization that calls it terrorism.
Ban me if u like
It rily a pity 2 see pple ignorant abt islam nd tries 2 critisize it,surely if ur mother hav raised in d true way nd teachns of islam u wouldnt av speak lyk dis,wch maks me realise dat u jst voice out wat u ar taught in d church.
Re: Top 12 Misconceptions About Islam by superted87: 4:46pm On Mar 13, 2015
op,KARFARALLAHU MIN ANFALI(we pray 4 more of u) they won't change coz they keep holding on to that which syncs with their believe. hope they read and understand. JAZAKALLAHU KHAYRAN.
Re: Top 12 Misconceptions About Islam by pinkyruledworld(m): 5:33pm On Mar 13, 2015
Good Work, May God Bless u. I Hope It Gets Into Their Hearts Cuz Some Are Stoned, Wont Agree...
Re: Top 12 Misconceptions About Islam by Alman: 6:08pm On Mar 13, 2015
Good job. May Allah reward u amazingly. Unfortunately, non Muslims don't read about Islam as we read about their's.
Re: Top 12 Misconceptions About Islam by BabaPeace: 7:03pm On Mar 13, 2015
Op.- I don't know what to say cos I'm really very happy with your write-up. May the Almighty Allah bless you abundantly for this eye opener. And may He guide all the lost souls aright.
Re: Top 12 Misconceptions About Islam by ayinba1(f): 8:10pm On Mar 13, 2015
Ameen
Re: Top 12 Misconceptions About Islam by Nobody: 9:00pm On Mar 13, 2015
nice one OP.
Re: Top 12 Misconceptions About Islam by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 13, 2015
Nice article op
Re: Top 12 Misconceptions About Islam by Icudkill: 10:14pm On Mar 13, 2015
Why are only Muslims allowed to comment on this thread...
Oh I get.. We don't wanna allow comments to annoy one angry jihadist up north..
He might blow up nairaland servers..
Or in the usual custom take a few lives as retaliation..

The fact that Muslim threads here on nairaland are alwayz locked.. Is a finger in your face (all ye jihadist sympathizers) that your religion is one laden with strife. Oppression and violence that can't be quantified by ordinary adjectives..

I wish ye speedy recovery from this malaise that has inhabited your very sense of rreasoning.. Causing you to think like pathetic neanthertals..

I cant just sit here and allow these guyz feel themselves..
#modz ban if u like.
I'll know I was a matyr
Peace

1 Like

Re: Top 12 Misconceptions About Islam by Icudkill: 10:15pm On Mar 13, 2015
Icudkill:
Why are only Muslims allowed to comment on this thread...
Oh I get.. We don't wanna allow comments to annoy one angry jihadist up north..
He might blow up nairaland servers..
Or in the usual custom take a few lives as retaliation..

The fact that Muslim threads here on nairaland are alwayz locked.. Is a finger in your face (all ye jihadist sympathizers) that your religion is one laden with strife. Oppression and violence that can't be quantified by ordinary adjectives..

I wish ye speedy recovery from this malaise that has inhabited your very sense of rreasoning.. Causing you to think like pathetic neanthertals..

I can just sit here and allow these guyz feel themselves..
#modz ban if u like.
I'll know I was a matyr
Peace

Re: Top 12 Misconceptions About Islam by terefe(m): 10:53pm On Mar 13, 2015
Icudkill:

bro, i believe it is because of comments similar to urs that there's a restriction on the group, its aim is to educate but when people come and start throwing tantrums , making false claims n accusations without the intention of learning, it derails the thread and its purpose it defeated. Its expected that as a Muslim, islam guides ur use of words, even if u disagree with a matter or have a contrary opinion, u present it a good manner that it becomes educative. Unfortunately, from experience, its not been so from some of our brothers on the other side, its usually about insulting our creed, and instead of trading words......its better closed..

Ps: its not tolerance when someone aims for ur eye with a stick without dodging it.
When u r always attacking other ppl ignorantlyignorantly like u just did..then thats intolerance!
The thread is addressing misconceptions in Islam, instead of learning from it, ur insulting! How intolerant is that! Im sure u cldnt tolerate to inform urself with d article b4 commenting talkless of tolerating the truth yet u accuse other ppl of being intolerant..
I

2 Likes

Re: Top 12 Misconceptions About Islam by sinhin(m): 11:19pm On Mar 13, 2015
Best thread ever.
Re: Top 12 Misconceptions About Islam by DanGombe1: 12:02am On Mar 14, 2015
Masha Allah OP !!! May Allah Accept this as Ibadah for you. You have touched on so many valid points that any person with an open mind devoid of sentiments can comprehend. Sadly, our brothers & sisters who are not Muslims have had their minds clouded with hate & sentiments that they cannot see clearly the truth staring them in the face.
Re: Top 12 Misconceptions About Islam by thirty1(m): 6:10am On Mar 14, 2015
May Allah reward you and bless every one of us.
Re: Top 12 Misconceptions About Islam by eherbal(m): 8:48am On Mar 14, 2015
kuss:
I can never be a Muslim
Ban me if u like
Salaam Alaekum Bro. What Level Of Knowledge Did You Attain Before Becoming A Non Muslim ?what Are The Basis Of Your Non belief? Was Your Islamic Faith Deeply Rooted Or You Were Just A Surface Muslim? What Was Your Islamic Background Like? Are Your Parents Staunch Muslim's. Were Trained With Your Observation Of Salat?
Brother, I've Been There Done That. I wasn't Even Fortunate To Grow Up With Both Parents. My Late Father,Though A Muslim, Was Not Really Versed In It. I went From One Church To The Other.The Catholic Church Being My First Port Of Call. Then The C&S ,then the CCC, Then The House On The Rock, Four Square, I Had Jehovah witnesses Coming For Teachings Every Sunday's. The Redeemed, Even went For A Christian Embassy Crusade At The National Stadium In '98.The Church I Stayed The Most,Was The Christ Apostolic Church, because Of Their Strong Morals, Devoid Of Materialism. But Bro, I needed To Fill The Vacuum, The Void In My life. I went Back To The begining, Which Was ISLAM, My Birth Religion. I First Got To Know My Creator Before Knowing His Religion. This is By Reading The Holy Book, The AL Quran, The Book That Guides To The Straight ,The Illuminating Masterpiece .
I Suggest YIU Do Same Before Casting Aspersions With Ya ignorance. Tuanks

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Muslim Group To Form Shield Of Protection For Churches On Sunday / Islam Forbids Men From Forcing Their Wives / An Islamic Perspective Of The World Muslim Beauty Pageant Innovation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.