Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,494 members, 7,823,156 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

How Do You Relate With Your Neighbors? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Relate With Your Neighbors? (2095 Views)

12 Photos You Can Relate With If You Grew Up With A Nigerian Step Mom / Ten Things Nigerian Neighbors Share Together / 10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Relate With Your Neighbors? by lobaloba88: 9:34pm On Mar 06, 2015
Hello House!

I have shared living spaces with people of diverse backgrounds since my many years in Lagos.
The experience has been rewarding in some cases and very unpleasant in other cases.

Unpleasant experiences have stemmed from different scenarios with generator use,security fees, electricity power supply to water issue.
Others have been closure time for access gate, dispute on PHCN bill etc.

Pleasant experiences have only been recorded with neighbors who have a high level of maturity, are also professionals who leave home early and arrive late in the night.(We probably don't know each other well enough).

The level of harmony or otherwise enjoyed in a neighborhood is a result of the relationship and understanding existing between neighbors.

How do you relate with your neighbors?
Re: How Do You Relate With Your Neighbors? by Evina(f): 10:33pm On Mar 06, 2015
My neighbours always ask me, "did you travel?" On the few occasions they see me.

Leave early, come back late. When I don't have to go out, I can't get enough of my indoor activities. wink grin

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Relate With Your Neighbors? by itstpia99: 10:42pm On Mar 06, 2015
who is asking?
Re: How Do You Relate With Your Neighbors? by Richy4(m): 2:12am On Mar 07, 2015
meeting them on my way out at the ground floor
ME: Hello!

Them: hi
me jump into my car, and off i go

four days or five days later. at ground floor

Me: hello
them: Hi
me jump into my car again and zoom off.
na so I see am. very peaceful way of living. I do not even know their names but have to pretend that i do. we have been living like that for two years

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Relate With Your Neighbors? by Noloss(f): 4:09am On Mar 07, 2015
Hum dats serious oo

Richy4:

na so I see am. very peaceful way of living. I do not even know their names but have to pretend that i do. we have been living like that for two years
Re: How Do You Relate With Your Neighbors? by GboyegaD(m): 6:12am On Mar 07, 2015
I see my roommates daily and we cook together however, I don't know those upstairs and all I know is we see in the laundry room once in a while our when the bring our bill.
Re: How Do You Relate With Your Neighbors? by Nobody: 7:32am On Mar 07, 2015
No unnecessary familiarity..

Do things on my own,stay indoors while at home..

Thank God,fiance shares same idea with me..

Not proud,just don't want contempt.
Re: How Do You Relate With Your Neighbors? by lobaloba88: 1:55pm On Mar 07, 2015
Richy4:

Wow! That's something.

Yomieluv:
No unnecessary familiarity..
Do things on my own,stay indoors while at home..
Not proud,just don't want contempt.
They'll already believe you're looking down on them.
Re: How Do You Relate With Your Neighbors? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 07, 2015
I feck mine. She is sexy.
Re: How Do You Relate With Your Neighbors? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 07, 2015
Go to work come back in the afternoon, straight to dad's shop. On weekends i do my chores n stays indoor, they only thing that connect us is good morning, afternoon n evening.
Re: How Do You Relate With Your Neighbors? by Pavore9: 5:52pm On Mar 07, 2015
Here in Nairobi, u don't owe your neighbour a hello & they see nothing wrong in that. you can live on the same floor with someone for 3 years & still haven't exchanged greetings. Even the kids don't greet & l feel like giving them knocks on the head!
Re: How Do You Relate With Your Neighbors? by danot1030: 9:12pm On Mar 07, 2015
From my own experience I have found out that sacrifice is the best way of living above regret with neighbours. Many of them are never ready to take the initiative or even exercise their responsibility in ensuring development in coexistence. A scenario was my present house of four flat. I came to the house to found that some of them don't participate in contributing to make things work in the compound, I shared a meter with one of the flat and there was an outstanding of 26,000naira on the meter, he and the previous tenant in my apartment has abandon using the public power supply and only used gen. As I came in I took it upon me to clare the bill and I recharged for a new subscription, all these with the aim of tolerating for few time while I encourage him to become responsible, after which I intended to cut off his wire. But on realising the move I made, he cleared up his previous debt without waiting for me to carry out my plan and there after promised to recharge the next subscription. I also took up some development personally in the compound and with this everyone began to participate in the compound development at their different capacity. Mind you I was not doing all these to impress them, I was only doing them to give myself and my family the little comfort I can afford.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Relate With Your Neighbors? by veave(f): 10:09pm On Mar 07, 2015
Hmmmmn.
Re: How Do You Relate With Your Neighbors? by Bootybuttchic(f): 11:18pm On Mar 07, 2015
Hmmn...just came to read comments.dnt have neighbours cheesy
Re: How Do You Relate With Your Neighbors? by barakah(m): 12:02pm On Mar 10, 2015
What about where there's an emergency?
Who'll come to your rescue?

Fire service arrives a scene of fire at least 30 minutes after the fire starts.
Nigeria police arrives the scene of a crime a day after.
Your neigbors will respond almost immediately, if you have a good relationship with them and treat them well...

Don't ever forget that this is Africa where you musn't live in isolation.

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

"witch" Children Of Nigeria, How Can We Help Them? / Gun For Protection / Ladies If Ur Parents Strongly Opposes Ur Wedding To Ur Fiance, Wat Will U Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.