Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,460 members, 7,819,677 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Yakubu Aiyegbeni: I’ll Fight To Play In Wembley - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yakubu Aiyegbeni: I’ll Fight To Play In Wembley (760 Views)

Anthony Joshua Devours His Meal After Wembley Victory. PICS / Coventry City FC Terminates Yakubu Aiyegbeni's Contract / Yakubu Aiyegbeni Celebrates His 33rd Birthday Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Yakubu Aiyegbeni: I’ll Fight To Play In Wembley by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 06, 2015
Reading striker Yakubu Aiyegbeni, whose goal qualified Reading for the quarter-finals of the FA Cup, is optimistic his team has all what it takes to triumph over giant-killers Bradford, and qualify for the semi-finals, scheduled to be played at the prestigious Wembley Stadium. Yakubu missed out on a trip to Wembley with Everton in 2009 due to an injury, but this time around he admits it will be a dream come true for him and his teammates to play the semi-final at the stadium.Yakubu-Aiyegbeni
“It’s just one game and then we’re there, it’s a dream for the players and it’s great for the fans. every player wants to play at Wembley, it’s not going to be easy but it will be a great feeling to be there,” he said.
The former Everton striker has started just one game since joining the team on the deadline day of the Winter transfer window, due to question marks over his fitness, but this time around he insists he is ready to start tommorow at Valley Parade.
“I’m 100% fit and whenever the manager thinks I’m ready, I will be. Every player wants to play but you have to give credit to the guys who have been playing.
“It’s not easy but I’m ready to give it my best. If I get my chance then I will take it, I always believe in myself so if I get my chances then I will take them.
“Bradford are a really good team, they fight for each other and make it difficult for any team that plays there. We’re not getting carried away, it’ll be difficult but as players we’re going to stick together and give everything.
“I saw their win over Chelsea, they played a good game, and it wasn’t a freak result where they were lucky, they deserved to win.”

SOURCE: Vanguard Nigeria

Re: Yakubu Aiyegbeni: I’ll Fight To Play In Wembley by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 06, 2015
story of the gods
Re: Yakubu Aiyegbeni: I’ll Fight To Play In Wembley by enomakos(m): 2:18pm On Mar 07, 2015
the yak is back

(1) (Reply)

Super Eagles Arrive Port Harcourt / FACT.....ON RADAMEL FALCAO. Is It A Curse Or Blessing? / Photos: Arsenal Star Asisat Oshoala Unveiled As Nairabet Ambassador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.