Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,816 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing - Phones (383) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing (1102784 Views)

How To Root Infinix Hot Note X551 Android 5.1 Lollipop / This Infinix Hot Note Is Only N23,500. Will You Buy? - Jim's BIG Thing / Infinix Hot Note X551 Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (508) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:19am On Oct 09, 2015
alancash01:

is ur madam phone hot note pro?

No. 16 gb rom 1gb Ram . Hot Note x551
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:20am On Oct 09, 2015
Tvaddict:

bro, anyfix for the hotspot issue?

Did u try thr one i posted?
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by awofe20(m): 7:28am On Oct 09, 2015
Pls how to reduce d brightness in comfort rom
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Justiceotuya(m): 8:51am On Oct 09, 2015
alancash01:

for hot note pro after porting the kernel, copy libmali.so and hwcomposer.mt6592.so from stock to port.

zip and flash. that should work for the blank screen
i did it and same result. the question i want to ask is that am i taking he kernel, libmali.so and hwcomposer.mt6592.so fro the stock kitkat rom or from the lolipop rom
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:59am On Oct 09, 2015
Justiceotuya:

i did it and same result. the question i want to ask is that am i taking he kernel, libmali.so and hwcomposer.mt6592.so fro the stock kitkat rom or from the lolipop rom

lollipop stock rom na. CM12 is lollipop
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Justiceotuya(m): 9:03am On Oct 09, 2015
4llerbuntu:

so thats what i did. and am still getting a black screen. if i plug it to the computer, at intervals it makes the connect and disconnect sound
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by lordfalcao(m): 9:17am On Oct 09, 2015
4llerbuntu:

can infinix lollipop romwork on gionee m3?
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by alancash01(m): 9:50am On Oct 09, 2015
Justiceotuya:

you are to take the kernel from the Kitkat boot img and libmali.so from stock system/lib, hwcomposermt6592 from stock system/lib/hw.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Tvaddict: 9:57am On Oct 09, 2015
4llerbuntu:

Did u try thr one i posted?

yes, it didn't even boot my phone
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by swisscarter(m): 9:57am On Oct 09, 2015
alancash01:

you are to take the kernel from the Kitkat boot img and libmali.so from stock system/lib, hwcomposermt6592 from stock system/lib/hw.
the cm ROM has hotspot bug?
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Tvaddict: 10:00am On Oct 09, 2015
alancash01:

not for now... but you can use PDA net to share internet with Bluetooth or USB.

is PDA net an app ?
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by swisscarter(m): 10:01am On Oct 09, 2015
Tvaddict:

I think you should try Philz Recovery... It's best on cyanogen ROMs
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by alancash01(m): 10:16am On Oct 09, 2015
swisscarter:
the cm ROM has hotspot bug?

yes it does...
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by alancash01(m): 10:18am On Oct 09, 2015
Tvaddict:

is PDA net an app ?

Yes it's an app.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:20am On Oct 09, 2015
Tvaddict:

Boot ke? It has nothing to do with booting. Which ROM are u trying to fix sef?

If its the CM Rom i think its bad, i haven't been able to boot it at all myself let alone fix any bug.

If its another rom that was working before than you are doing something wrong. You should not extract the rom. Just open it with winrar, delete the old one in that directory and drag and drop the new one.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by alancash01(m): 10:31am On Oct 09, 2015
4llerbuntu:

If its the CM Rom i think its bad, i haven't been able to boot it at all myself let alone fix any bug.

If its another rom that was working before than you are doing something wrong. You should not extract the rom. Just open it with winrar, delete the old one in that directory and drag and drop the new one.

Because you have not been able to port it successfully does not mean the rom is bad, many people have ported it and it worked.

it is what am using right now. Always be sure of what you are saying before you make a confirmative statement.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by alancash01(m): 10:38am On Oct 09, 2015
Tvaddict:

If it is the CM 12.1 rom you are trying to port for your hot note pro you can upload the boot.img and let me help you to port it.

And also be sure you are using Philz recovery to flash this rom.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:32am On Oct 09, 2015
alancash01:

Because you have not been able to port it successfully does not mean the rom is bad, many people have ported it and it worked.

it is what am using right now. Always be sure of what you are saying before you make a confirmative statement.

Easy bro, Easy. No offense meant. cheesy Nobody owes anyone explanation or help in this business, the disclaimer is always there.

its not like you have to share your work with us. clearly if it works for you and not us, its our business. nobody is maligning your work

meanwhile, let me get something straight: Do we have to port it to the 16Gb Rom 1Gb ram version too?

I thought you said it was already ported and would just be flashed......
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by alancash01(m): 11:46am On Oct 09, 2015
4llerbuntu:

Easy bro, Easy. No offense meant. cheesy Nobody owes anyone explanation or help in this business, the disclaimer is always there.

its not like you have to share your work with us. clearly if it works for you and not us, its our business. nobody is maligning your work

meanwhile, let me get something straight: Do we have to port it to the 16Gb Rom 1Gb ram version too?

I thought you said it was already ported and would just be flashed......

None taken, i only try to enlighten you on your choice of words.

I uploaded the rom because there was a request for it.

Back to the question you asked. You dont have to port, Just enter the recovery mode
click on clean to install new rom
flash the rom
wipe dalvik and cache.
then reboot.

Thats all
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Morkavictor: 11:51am On Oct 09, 2015
Pls what the price of inifinix X507.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Tvaddict: 12:33pm On Oct 09, 2015
4llerbuntu:

Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Tvaddict: 12:37pm On Oct 09, 2015
4llerbuntu:

was the cm ROM I was trying to fix.

the CM ROM is nice BT its faulty.

ussd in sim2(MTN) not working

hotspot is also not working* you can't share apps with flashshare.

besides that the ROM is okay BT I can't use it because of these bugs
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:03pm On Oct 09, 2015
alancash01:

None taken, i only try to enlighten you on your choice of words.

I uploaded the rom because there was a request for it.

Back to the question you asked. You dont have to port, Just enter the recovery mode
click on clean to install new rom
flash the rom
wipe dalvik and cache.
then reboot.

Thats all

OK. Thanks.

i wonder what is wrong at my end, i did this exactly but when i reboot the phone will light up and white out then go blank.

and i'm not the only one who has this issue with it seemingly..... wonder what is wrong...

I don't think my download is corrupt because i used the MEGA sync tool and i can actually unzip the rom with no issues.

Sad, i could have been of help in improving it but since i can't even boot it.....
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:04pm On Oct 09, 2015
Tvaddict:

was the cm ROM I was trying to fix.

the CM ROM is nice BT its faulty.

ussd in sim2(MTN) not working

hotspot is also not working* you can't share apps with flashshare.

besides that the ROM is okay BT I can't use it because of these bugs

these are bugs that are fixable, too bad i can't boot the rom
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by alancash01(m): 1:10pm On Oct 09, 2015
4llerbuntu:

these are bugs that are fixable, too bad i can't boot the rom

You cant fix the bugs, as the bugs is across all MTK Platform and again CM12.1 is not yet stable.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by iheanyi40(m): 2:00pm On Oct 09, 2015
Carlcaresophia MA hot note screen shaltered any idea on d amount una carlcare go charge me?, or will it b repaired 4 free ?,
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:15pm On Oct 09, 2015
alancash01:

You cant fix the bugs, as the bugs is across all MTK Platform and again CM12.1 is not yet stable.

ok, one last thing, before flashing this rom were you on kitkat or lollipop? i'm trying to figure out why it does not boot really
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Lanreallenjay: 6:20pm On Oct 09, 2015
4llerbuntu:

ok, one last thing, before flashing this rom were you on kitkat or lollipop? i'm trying to figure out why it does not boot really
If you flashed the ROM from lollipop, it MIGHT not boot. Other cm12 port(tesla) I've seen was supposed to be flashed from kitkat.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by alancash01(m): 6:42pm On Oct 09, 2015
4llerbuntu:

You must flash ur stock kitkat ROM before flashing the CM.
the CM ROM works with kernel 3.4.67 and not 3.10.xx
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:38pm On Oct 09, 2015
alancash01:

You must flash ur stock kitkat ROM before flashing the CM.
the CM ROM works with kernel 3.4.67 and not 3.10.xx

aha. so thats the catch.the phone was on lollipop.

i see.... ok thanks.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Chyjoey(m): 9:39pm On Oct 09, 2015
Infinix has released another rom..like a junky am rushing to download..hopin i wont have to downgrade again..xoxo in love with lollipop cry embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (508) (Reply)

How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc / Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.