Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing - Phones (428) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing (1102158 Views)

How To Root Infinix Hot Note X551 Android 5.1 Lollipop / This Infinix Hot Note Is Only N23,500. Will You Buy? - Jim's BIG Thing / Infinix Hot Note X551 Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) ... (508) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by ishittu: 10:32am On Dec 05, 2015
samintegrity:

Okis ooo..I await an update that would solve fifa 16 problem once and for all.

I dont know why the update is not yet out, still waiting for their mail
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by pikapizy(m): 6:04pm On Dec 05, 2015
is there anyone around agbor delta state who have downloaded the infinix lollipop ROM ? so I can just flash it into my phone..I've tried downloading it twice now ...it always stops when it reaches 600mb or 700?b...my sub Don finish ..please help a brother
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by ishittu: 8:19pm On Dec 05, 2015
pikapizy:
is there anyone around agbor delta state who have downloaded the infinix lollipop ROM ? so I can just flash it into my phone..I've tried downloading it twice now ...it always stops when it reaches 600mb or 700?b...my sub Don finish ..please help a brother

Use PC bro
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by pikapizy(m): 5:40am On Dec 06, 2015
ishittu:

Use PC bro

No sub ,the network isn't good ...the last time I tried to download it, it drained my mb
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by ishittu: 8:30am On Dec 06, 2015
pikapizy:

No sub ,the network isn't good ...the last time I tried to download it, it drained my mb

Visit the nearest carlcare center then
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by smithwilliam: 11:19am On Dec 06, 2015
ishittu:

Visit the nearest carlcare center then
but what if you don't have the receipt,I bought mine fairly used
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 06, 2015
abeg no insult. it might like a silly question. my sis bought her hot note about two months ago.. while I just got mine a day ago...both from konga. but the app and their content looks quite different. I've checked other people's own too who got theirs long before mine too. quite different. I don't get it. the camera is sharp the same way..but even the features in the camera looks a bit different too. kinda worried.

modified: i just checked, hers came on an OS version of 4.4.2. mine is 5.1. thats suprising to me. didn't know hot note os had two versions. or did they recently update? could that be the reason for the difference I am seeing? forgive my ignorance not much of a tech person. please someone should just enlighten me. thanks
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by eraly(m): 11:58am On Dec 06, 2015
booqee:
abeg no insult. it might like a silly question. my sis bought her hot note about two months ago.. while I just got mine a day ago...both from konga. but the app and their content looks quite different. I've checked other people's own too who got theirs long before mine too. quite different. I don't get it. the camera is sharp the same way..but even the features in the camera looks a bit different too. kinda worried.

modified: i just checked, hers came on an OS version of 4.4.2. mine is 5.1. thats suprising to me. didn't know hot note os had two versions. or did they recently update? could that be the reason for the difference I am seeing? forgive my ignorance not much of a tech person. please someone should just enlighten me. thanks

Uv found out d ansa to ur questn ursef. Hot note have 2 OS variants. 4.4 kitkat and 5.1 Lollipop. That accounts for d difference u noticed on both phones.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by gameboy727(m): 1:16pm On Dec 06, 2015
Please how much does it cost to change a broken Calibrator? Is that of the hot note attached to the screen?
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by ishittu: 3:23pm On Dec 06, 2015
smithwilliam:
but what if you don't have the receipt,I bought mine fairly used

He no mean
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by pikapizy(m): 8:32am On Dec 07, 2015
is it free update from carlcare or do I have to pay? is it instant or will I have to leave my phone there for sometime
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by ishittu: 9:48am On Dec 07, 2015
pikapizy:
is it free update from carlcare or do I have to pay? is it instant or will I have to leave my phone there for sometime

free update just 2 hours waiting or less
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by KINGOFJAPAN: 10:22am On Dec 07, 2015
ishittu:

Yes their many significant improvement

Normal download: you download and flash it manually using infinix flashtool or d normal flashtool

TF card Download: you boot into recovery to update
So I can update to lollipop with my sd card? And is it with stock or custom recovery I'll use to update?
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by KINGOFJAPAN: 10:24am On Dec 07, 2015
mazado:

So much thanks for the head up Sir. More clarification needed pls... 1. I download Tf version, place it at the root of my memory card... 2. I boot into recovery mode... 3. Navigate to the downloaded zip file and click on it to apply update... 4. What's next? 5. Do I need to be rooted? Thanks again. Waiting....
Did you use stock or custom recovery?
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by ishittu: 10:41am On Dec 07, 2015
KINGOFJAPAN:

So I can update to lollipop with my sd card? And is it with stock or custom recovery I'll use to update?

You can but gat some problem associated with it so better use PC, u r flashing the stock
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by KINGOFJAPAN: 11:02am On Dec 07, 2015
ishittu:

You can but gat some problem associated with it so better use PC, u r flashing the stock
So you're saying stock recovery is better or I should just use PC?
I just noticed something, tried downloading the TF card version of stock lollipop and I noticed the size is small compared to the normal version.
Normal version is around 800mb while TF card is only 150mb,should I download?
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by ishittu: 11:09am On Dec 07, 2015
KINGOFJAPAN:
So you're saying stock recovery is better or I should just use PC?
I just noticed something, tried downloading the TF card version of stock lollipop and I noticed the size is small compared to the normal version.
Normal version is around 800mb while TF card is only 150mb,should I download?

Yes flash the stock rom using PC
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by loulynx(m): 11:26am On Dec 07, 2015
lilwayneme:
please add me to the WhatsApp group... my no is 08153005630...thanks

Me to add me tooo 08168731894
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Reediano(m): 1:58pm On Dec 07, 2015
booqee:

Yours was already updated to lollipop before it was sold out..... It's the same phone just diff Android version...

**But they can also update theirs though
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by eltalentino(m): 2:59pm On Dec 07, 2015
geek in the house, please is it possible for me to also upgrade infinix hot not hot note to lollipop os? awaiting a response
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Sssage(m): 3:48pm On Dec 07, 2015
I rooted my phone, and I want to update my phone to lollipop now, planing on taking it to carlcare tomorrow. Hope they won't complaining that it already rooted?
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by ishittu: 3:55pm On Dec 07, 2015
eltalentino:
geek in the house, please is it possible for me to also upgrade infinix hot not hot note to lollipop os? awaiting a response

Yes
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by ishittu: 3:56pm On Dec 07, 2015
Sssage:
I rooted my phone, and I want to update my phone to lollipop now, planing on taking it to carlcare tomorrow. Hope they won't complaining that it already rooted?

No remeber to back up your files
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Sssage(m): 4:03pm On Dec 07, 2015
ishittu:

No remeber to back up your files

Ok, thanks.. I still wanna ask something, once it updated can I still root the fone and change the Imei?
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by ishittu: 5:14pm On Dec 07, 2015
Sssage:

Ok, thanks.. I still wanna ask something, once it updated can I still root the fone and change the Imei?

100%
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by kolomax(m): 8:24pm On Dec 07, 2015
Anybody selling new hot note 2gb 16gb ram here? Should quote me with price mind you am in Abuja
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by MazadoGoodman: 8:58pm On Dec 07, 2015
kolomax:
Anybody selling new hot note 2gb 16gb ram here?
Should quote me with price mind you am in Abuja

If you have anyone in JOS, we could have a deal.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by kolomax(m): 9:00pm On Dec 07, 2015
MazadoGoodman:

If you have anyone in JOS, we could have a deal.
I have no one
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Mizzzbeee(f): 9:35pm On Dec 07, 2015
Hello guys just got the 16gb 2gb version today plus can someone put me Tru how I can update to the latest update by infinix (lollipop) tnx
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by MazadoGoodman: 9:35pm On Dec 07, 2015
kolomax:
I have no one

No wahala. Good luck.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by smithwilliam: 10:45pm On Dec 07, 2015
ishittu:

He no mean
thanks,I will go there as you've said
### receipt doesn't matter

### they don't care if it's rooted or not

### they don't care if you changed the imei

### they don't care if you change your fonts

Because am guilty if all those things listed there where can offence or voiding the warranty
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by ojialo(m): 12:06am On Dec 08, 2015
I still can not root this phone after upgrade.

(1) (2) (3) ... (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) ... (508) (Reply)

How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc / Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.