Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan (25811 Views)

ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership / Morocco Seeks To Join Ecowas As Full Member / Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result After Conceding Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by skyfall: 10:56am On Mar 07, 2015
(Roughly translated by Google)

King Mohammed VI has not seen as appropriate to grant the request for a telephone interview requested by the Nigerian authorities. The Moroccan news agency (Maghreb Arab Press) quoting a statement from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation explained this refusal that "the approach is related to important elections in this country." Nigerian presidential elections are scheduled on 28 March, after 6 weeks of postponement.

Remember, Morocco and Nigeria share historical, cultural and religious ties through the Tariqa Tijania, Sufi form of Islam that prevails in Fez in Sokoto. The Muslim electorate, attentive enough to progress in the fight against Boko Haram in which they are the worst-hit victims, has resulted in complicated relationships with incumbent President Goodluck Jonathan.

Here is the full statement issued on this occasion by the Moroccan Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation:
"The Nigerian authorities, through the Office of the President, submitted a request for a telephone conversation between the President of this country and His Majesty the King - and want to send an emissary to Morocco. His Majesty the King has not seen fit to grant that request because the process is linked to important elections in the country and might suggest a rapprochement between Morocco and Nigeria, and because of the positions the country with regard to national causes and sacred Muslim Arab. The request of the Nigerian authorities to be more akin to an act of recovery of the Muslim electorate of this country than normal diplomatic approach."

http://www.financialafrik.com/2015/03/06/maroc-nigeria-pas-de-telephone-entre-mohammed-vi-et-goodluck-jonathan/

In summary: We don't want to talk to Jonathan because he's only pretending to like our Muslim brothers because of elections, while he abandoned them to their fate in the hands of terrorists for the past 5 years. We don't mind talking to him about security, but only after the elections of March 28.

142 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by Lilyomi(f): 11:16am On Mar 07, 2015
Hmmmmmmmm

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by LASTNIYI: 11:29am On Mar 07, 2015
Waiting for someone to deny this.

running mate, see ur guy in front page.........watin man no go see.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by mcquin(m): 11:31am On Mar 07, 2015
Goodluck Ebele Nnamdi Azikiwe Jonathan is an embarrassment to Nigeria. His wife is worse.

Who will deliver us from the backwardness of PDP's 16yrs govt. In the past 16yrs, Morocco has done enough to be proud of. They have no reason to associate with Nnamdi Jonathan cos he is a failure.

199 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by Omololu007(m): 12:01pm On Mar 07, 2015
Jonathan just dey yeye we Nigerians up n down

102 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 07, 2015
This Azikwe is indeed fake. Different from the one we knew in the post independence era.

If this one says good morning, just go back to bed. I don't really know sha. But some would shout he is a christian president.

He has visited Rome and seen the Pope. What else? He wants Saudi Arabia, Morocco, Libya, Tunisia, Kuwait, Turkey, Syria, Iraq, Egypt to support his candidacy for 2015 undecided His foreign policy is like unboiled rice and pepperish stew with wingless chicken. Just grab the chicken and pass the rest to the bin.

This is really pathetic!

Another premium spot spotted.

This government seff...

100 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by SLIDEwaxie(m): 12:03pm On Mar 07, 2015
Wetin he wan talk before?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by Gbawe2: 12:08pm On Mar 07, 2015
King Mohammed VI of Morocco not ready to indulge or listen to insincerity and duplicity. Surprise, surprise. As I always say, GEJ is an embarrassment to leadership and other leaders, from sane climes where sentiments does not overcome everything else, fully recognise this. They know GEJ is, without any doubt , a failure who gives leadership a very bad image. Most leaders would avoid GEJ if they could because they host deep disdain for him and do not respect our President or deem him a fit leader.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2091462_twitterac62287jpg_jpegcb0ef9a0cec948ad22344d4b5a7bd020

101 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by mumumugu(m): 12:08pm On Mar 07, 2015
Naija better than morrocco

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by taharqa: 12:10pm On Mar 07, 2015
Beware of APC. Beware of unrepentant LIARS.

You have been warned!!

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by Orunto: 12:20pm On Mar 07, 2015
I hope you are now hearing and understanding me very well that people like this Mohammed V1 and Idriss of Chad are the real bokoharam in Nigeria.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 12:20pm On Mar 07, 2015

27 Likes

Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by crownprince102: 12:22pm On Mar 07, 2015
Wise people.... They don't want Jonathan to infect their King with cluelessness. grin

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by naijaking1: 12:39pm On Mar 07, 2015
Morocco, which Morocco!
The Morocco that pulled out of AU? They're saying that they're really more European than African? It's good to know that he doesn't want to speak, because it might suggest that he prefers GEJ to his fellow muslim brothers? Good, because at the end of the day, this election is going to be based on religion, and it's a wake up call to those liberal and confused christians who really don't know Buhari. Morocco should be contacting us, not the other way round. The Polisario group has been waiting to take on Morrocco for years, and my support goes out for them.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 12:44pm On Mar 07, 2015
skyfall:
(Roughly translated by Google)

King Mohammed VI has not seen as appropriate to grant the request for a telephone interview requested by the Nigerian authorities. The Moroccan news agency (Maghreb Arab Press) quoting a statement from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation explained this refusal that "the approach is related to important elections in this country." Nigerian presidential elections are scheduled on 28 March, after 6 weeks of postponement.

Remember, Morocco and Nigeria share historical, cultural and religious ties through the Tariqa Tijania, Sufi form of Islam that prevails in Fez in Sokoto. The Muslim electorate, attentive enough to progress in the fight against Boko Haram in which they are the worst-hit victims, has resulted in complicated relationships with incumbent President Goodluck Jonathan.

Here is the full statement issued on this occasion by the Moroccan Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation:
"The Nigerian authorities, through the Office of the President, submitted a request for a telephone conversation between the President of this country and His Majesty the King - and want to send an emissary to Morocco. His Majesty the King has not seen fit to grant that request because the process is linked to important elections in the country and might suggest a rapprochement between Morocco and Nigeria, and because of the positions the country with regard to national causes and sacred Muslim Arab. The request of the Nigerian authorities to be more akin to an act of recovery of the Muslim electorate of this country than normal diplomatic approach."

http://www.financialafrik.com/2015/03/06/maroc-nigeria-pas-de-telephone-entre-mohammed-vi-et-goodluck-jonathan/

there is more to this than meets the normal ears.
what election discussion Gej wants to start with Morocco?
and the request is conflicting with religion, islam?
i still dont get the angle gej is playing here

5 Likes

Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by SirShymexx: 12:45pm On Mar 07, 2015
Lol. Even Morocco doesn't want the plague of the clueless weasel a la GEJ around - everybody hates Chris. grin

This guy has to be the most disrespected president on the international scene ever.

Obama never liked him.

David Cameron doesn't rate him - visited Nigeria but only visited Lagos.

EU can't stand him.

Putin doesn't know who he's.

China avoids him like a rash.

Mugabe dissed him.

Jacob Zuma thinks he's inconsequential.

Like who takes GEJ seriously? Every time I see that monkey's face - I see a stark illiterate that should be somewhere in the zoo. grin

89 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 07, 2015
SirShymexx:
Lol. Even Morocco doesn't want the plague of the clueless weasel a la GEJ around - everybody hates Chris. grin

This guy has to be the most disrespected president on the international scene ever.

Obama never liked him.

EU can't stand him.

Mugabe dissed him.

Like who takes GEJ seriously? Every time I see that monkey's face - I see a stark illiterate that should be someone in the zoo. grin

Very unfortunate

30 Likes

Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 12:49pm On Mar 07, 2015
gej till 2019 - 4

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by Ralphlauren(m): 1:00pm On Mar 07, 2015
SirShymexx:

Obama never liked him.

EU can't stand him.

Mugabe dissed him.

Like who takes GEJ seriously? Every time I see that monkey's face - I see a stark illiterate that should be somewhere in the zoo. grin

You've captured it perfectly.

31 Likes

Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by pegasusautos: 1:10pm On Mar 07, 2015
You are an embarrassment without a mind of your own, you think its trending to abuse the president?

mcquin:
Goodluck Ebele Nnamdi Azikiwe Jonathan is an embarrassment to Nigeria. His wife is worse.

Who will deliver us from the backwardness of PDP's 16yrs govt. In the past 16yrs, Morocco has done enough to be proud of. They have no reason to associate with Nnamdi Jonathan cos he is a failure.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by Gbawe2: 1:17pm On Mar 07, 2015
SirShymexx:

Obama never liked him.

EU can't stand him.

Mugabe dissed him.

Sad but true. Even more tragic some brainwashed Nigerians are planning to vote for this ultra-failed looter parading himself as a 'leader'. Beyond Nigeria, the unanimous verdict is that GEJ is a highly inept, unserious, duplicitous and corrupt failure. A total embarrassment to leadership. Imagine the Moroccan King does not even wish to hear what GEJ has to say. This is how low Nigeria has sunk under the unserious GEJ who is now regarded worldwide by other leaders as nothing but a macabre joke.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 07, 2015
Gbawe2:

Sad but true. Even more tragic some brainwashed Nigerians are planning to vote for this ultra-failed looter parading himself as a 'leader'. Beyond Nigeria, the unanimous verdict is that GEJ is a highly inept, unserious, duplicitous and corrupt failure. A total embarrassment to leadership.

there is more to this
why is gej consulting morocco? what is he planning?
i still dont get it. do you?

7 Likes

Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by Gbawe2: 1:22pm On Mar 07, 2015
diluminati:

there is more to this
why is gej consulting morocco? what is he planning?
i still dont get it. do you?

I have stopped trying to figure out GEJ's actions ages ago. Everything he does is cynically self-serving and entirely about his own self-preservation so I doubt this attempt at 'dialogue' with the Moroccan King is any different. Instructive that King Mohammed is not even interested in hearing what GEJ has to say. What an openly disdainful treatment of the leader of the biggest black nation on earth .

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by SirShymexx: 1:32pm On Mar 07, 2015
Gbawe2:

Sad but true. Even more tragic some brainwashed Nigerians are planning to vote for this ultra-failed looter parading himself as a 'leader'. Beyond Nigeria, the unanimous verdict is that GEJ is a highly inept, unserious, duplicitous and corrupt failure. A total embarrassment to leadership. Imagine the Moroccan King does not even wish to hear what GEJ has to say. This is how low Nigeria has sunk under the unserious GEJ who is now regarded worldwide by other leaders as nothing but a macabre joke.

For an authoritarian leader like the Moroccan leader to disown GEJ - it shows that no one outside the sycophants and paid hacks in Nigeria, takes this man seriously. I believe he was looking for some sort of solidarity in the Arab league, since Morocco is somewhat active there. And perhaps, the AU must have disowned him as well. Lowest of the low - and he knows his time is up.

He should do the best thing and leave the stage now, else he'll be disgraced out of office. He has no support anywhere - and those who matter want regime change.

22 Likes

Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by SirShymexx: 1:33pm On Mar 07, 2015
Ralphlauren:

You've captured it perfectly.

Lol. The horseman! grin

3 Likes

Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by skyfall: 1:34pm On Mar 07, 2015
diluminati:

there is more to this than meets the normal ears.
what election discussion Gej wants to start with Morocco?
and the request is conflicting with religion, islam?
i still dont get the angle gej is playing here

What they're saying is that Jonathan wants to speak with him, ostensibly to discuss regional security. However, they believe that it's an attempt to make political capital out of the discussion, since elections are coming up shortly.

They don't mind talking with him, but only after the elections. They only mentioned Islam to reiterate that Morocco has a lot in common with Nigeria, being a fellow African country, and also having a large Muslim population which unfortunately is at the receiving end of terrorist attacks.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by adenine02: 1:45pm On Mar 07, 2015
I think d saTANs will say they are d once sponsoring bokoharam

5 Likes

Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by januzaj(m): 1:45pm On Mar 07, 2015
lollll
TEACHER:
Jonathan, 2+8?
JONATHAN:
March 28, Sir.
TEACHER:
This boy, I wonder how dull you
are. Did I
ask you of the
month of March. Sit down!
(turns to a female student) You
Patience, solve
this problem.
PATIENCE:
Sir no e me start d problem. Na
Jega, dat
boy weh de sit by d
door. Make you send am out, d
problem go
solve be dat.
TEACHER:
If I send him out, what will I do to
dull
students like Jonathan and
you?
PATIENCE :
Make you allow us repeat class,
Sir.
BUHARI: (Raises hand and cuts in)
Don't agree sir. They'll always fail.
Dismiss
them. The answer is
TEACHER:
Very good! But give me 10
reasons why
Jonathan should be
dismissed, first. Remember he's
still the
class captain.
BUHARI:
1. He never speaks the truth.
2. He is wicked.
3. He sees nothing wrong in stealing
4. He cheats.
5.He sold all the bulbs in this
classroom,
that's why we can't
read when it is dark.
6. He dances even when the class
is in
trouble.
7. He over sleeps.
8. He keeps rats in the same box
we keep
our monthly
contributions.
9. He doesn't take correction and
10. He Hates to be advised.
TEACHER:
Class, what Buhari listed are bad
qualities of
a leader. So I will
give you the chance to choose
another class
captain before the
end of March.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by Deltagiant: 1:46pm On Mar 07, 2015
The Morrocans were simply silly to play the inconsequential religious card. As far as Africa's politics is concerned, Morrocco is a marginal player. Harlot of a country that voluntarily left OAU/AU forcing herself to be admitted into European Union with no success.

To hell with small time players!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by helphelp: 1:46pm On Mar 07, 2015
Ok
Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by Aspireahead(m): 1:47pm On Mar 07, 2015
just trying to make as much fp today as possible....life is to short to live it playing politics.
Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by Gboskee(m): 1:47pm On Mar 07, 2015
Lilyomi:
Hmmmmmmmm
sad
Lilyomi:
Hmmmmmmmm
what does that mean,,?? Eh?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hillary Clinton Declared Victory In Iowa Caucus / Justin Trudeau Pelted With Gravel During Campaign Trail In Ontario / London Train Attack: 18 People Injured And Hospitalised After Failed Bucket Bomb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.