Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan (25834 Views)

ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership / Morocco Seeks To Join Ecowas As Full Member / Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result After Conceding Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by naza9ja(m): 7:04pm On Mar 07, 2015
SirShymexx:
Lol. Even Morocco doesn't want the plague of the clueless weasel a la GEJ around - everybody hates Chris. grin

This guy has to be the most disrespected president on the international scene ever.

Obama never liked him.

David Cameron doesn't rate him - visited Nigeria but only visited Lagos.

EU can't stand him.

Putin doesn't know who he's.

China avoids him like a rash.

Mugabe dissed him.

Jacob Zuma thinks he's inconsequential.

Like who takes GEJ seriously? Every time I see that monkey's face - I see a stark illiterate that should be somewhere in the
zoo. grin

How will you feel if someone talks about your father like that? You don't need to come here and show everyone how you lack home training. If you have PVC vote for your candidate and stop acting stupid, unless you are.

1 Like

Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by United4lyf(m): 7:09pm On Mar 07, 2015
Bonapart:
Muslim is never a religion but a violent organisation. Organised for the sole purpose of killing and sharing blood. Why would they be happy when they are hearing the killings of their brothers (boko haram). To err with morocco
dolo wawan banza,did u read their reason at all?
Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by tivereegega(m): 7:10pm On Mar 07, 2015
mcquin:
Goodluck Ebele Nnamdi Azikiwe Jonathan is an embarrassment to Nigeria. His wife is worse.

Who will deliver us from the backwardness of PDP's 16yrs govt. In the past 16yrs, Morocco has done enough to be proud of. They have no reason to associate with Nnamdi Jonathan cos he is a failure.
we no
Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by saudatu(m): 7:20pm On Mar 07, 2015
mcquin:
Goodluck Ebele Nnamdi Azikiwe Jonathan is an embarrassment to Nigeria. His wife is worse.

Who will deliver us from the backwardness of PDP's 16yrs govt. In the past 16yrs, Morocco has done enough to be proud of. They have no reason to associate with Nnamdi Jonathan cos he is a failure.

Don't worry God is going to use GMB to save our dear nation.
Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by richidinho(m): 7:21pm On Mar 07, 2015
Pic of the letter or..........idonbilivit
Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by minister2015: 7:30pm On Mar 07, 2015
why is GEJ despised everywhere?my fear is, hpe he win Otuoke!
sai GMB/OYO
Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by Lanretoye(m): 7:42pm On Mar 07, 2015
skyfall:
(Roughly translated by Google)

King Mohammed VI has not seen as appropriate to grant the request for a telephone interview requested by the Nigerian authorities. The Moroccan news agency (Maghreb Arab Press) quoting a statement from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation explained this refusal that "the approach is related to important elections in this country." Nigerian presidential elections are scheduled on 28 March, after 6 weeks of postponement.

Remember, Morocco and Nigeria share historical, cultural and religious ties through the Tariqa Tijania, Sufi form of Islam that prevails in Fez in Sokoto. The Muslim electorate, attentive enough to progress in the fight against Boko Haram in which they are the worst-hit victims, has resulted in complicated relationships with incumbent President Goodluck Jonathan.

Here is the full statement issued on this occasion by the Moroccan Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation:
"The Nigerian authorities, through the Office of the President, submitted a request for a telephone conversation between the President of this country and His Majesty the King - and want to send an emissary to Morocco. His Majesty the King has not seen fit to grant that request because the process is linked to important elections in the country and might suggest a rapprochement between Morocco and Nigeria, and because of the positions the country with regard to national causes and sacred Muslim Arab. The request of the Nigerian authorities to be more akin to an act of recovery of the Muslim electorate of this country than normal diplomatic approach."

http://www.financialafrik.com/2015/03/06/maroc-nigeria-pas-de-telephone-entre-mohammed-vi-et-goodluck-jonathan/

In summary: We don't want to talk to Jonathan because he's only pretending to like our Muslim brothers because of elections, while he abandoned them to their fate in the hands of terrorists for the past 5 years. We don't mind talking to him about security, but only after the elections of March 28.

Any sane leader would do the same.

1 Like

Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by babestella: 8:09pm On Mar 07, 2015
Morrocco just played a religious card on us and some e-diots arr here spewing rubbish. It's good they did, but one thing that is sacrosanct is that come May 29 GEJ will be sworn in for his second term and the s.illy Morrocan king can go to hell.

I'm beginning to think that buhari made some secret moves while in UK and is in alliance with the arab world.
We will see what they will do when GEJ wins.

1 Like

Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by babestella: 8:10pm On Mar 07, 2015
saudatu:

Don't worry God is going to use GMB to save our dear nation.

Don't worry you will have to wait until 2019 for GMB to save you.

1 Like

Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by mkdboy: 8:34pm On Mar 07, 2015
Please in what way did they try to help there said brothers?
Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by mcquin(m): 8:43pm On Mar 07, 2015
Jaisman26:

truth they said is bitter, why do u want all these so called leaders to like him for? u stay in room not knowing a thing about what GEJ has done positively to Nigeria. All these people u mentioned knows very well Nigeria economy is growing fast under GEJ and he has stop importation of many foreign goods. GEJ refused to dance to their tune just imaging if country like North Korea, Oman, Vietnam could resist the evil intention of the west and move forward then we can also do it. to held with their likeness.... GEJ till Nigeria turns to African Dubai..... tell APC there's not vacancy in Aso Rock.

The question is, with all you have said, why is Jonathan still calling them?
Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by omenka(m): 10:10pm On Mar 07, 2015
Gbawe2:

I have stopped trying to figure out GEJ's actions ages ago. Everything he does is cynically self-serving and entirely about his own self-preservation so I doubt this attempt at 'dialogue' with the Moroccan King is any different. Instructive that King Mohammed is not even interested in hearing what GEJ has to say. What an openly disdainful treatment of the leader of the biggest black nation on earth .
Just a hunch; perhaps he's calling to negotiate asylum for himself and his wife.
Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by StOla: 10:30pm On Mar 07, 2015
omenka:
Just a hunch; perhaps he's calling to negotiate asylum for himself and his wife.

Very likely.

GMB! Ijaya!
Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by enomakos(m): 10:37pm On Mar 07, 2015
who the Bleep is king mohammed?

morocco is just a useless country

thanks caf for banning the fucking country
Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by myproperty(m): 10:55pm On Mar 07, 2015
CaptainAmerica1:

There's no basis for comparison. Absolutely none. What stops Goodluck from speaking at Chatham house. Goodluck is reaching out to a particular set of people (Morocco) while Buhari spoke to the world. Remember Buhari is not even the president

Remember, Morocco and Nigeria share historical, cultural and religious ties through the Tariqa Tijania, Sufi form of Islam that prevails in Fez in Sokoto. The Muslim electorate, attentive enough to progress in the fight against Boko Haram in which they are the worst-hit victims, has resulted in complicated relationships with incumbent President Goodluck Jonathan.

^^ There's the political gain
In summary: We don't want to talk to Jonathan because he's only pretending to like our Muslim brothers because of elections, while he abandoned them to their fate in the hands of terrorists for the past 5 years. We don't mind talking to him about security, but only after the elections of March 28.

^ Read and digest it well

I can see nothing in your statement but biased. To you whatever has to do with GEJ, GEJ must be wrong. It is not about your political lineage, it is about the truth or fact. Morocco has no influence whatsoever with the so called Sufi form of Muslims in Nigeria and secondly Boko Haram was formed by Muslims and Christians and Churches were their basic targets. Why should you people be deceiving people by saying Muslims are the worst hit by Boko Haram? How many mosque were destroyed by the sect, How many of the kidnapped school girls are Muslim?How many of the communities destroyed are mainly Muslim communities?
No single mosque is totally destroyed by the sect, only 15 of the Chibok girls that were kidnapped are Muslims and most of the communities destroyed by the sects are Christian communities. Most northern leaders that are Muslims initially supported the sect see https://www.nairaland.com/2167921/why-troops-winning-war-against
They only reason they gave to GEJ for not talking to him is an Islamic solidarity reason don't you know what Christians face in Morocco. You are talking about political gain is there no political gain when GMB went to Chatham house? or to you the political gain should be one sided.
Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by Vithouston: 11:20pm On Mar 07, 2015
Morocco is a muslim state and has clearly proved that muslims are against Nigeria having a christian president.
The terrorists are their fellow muslims and so what are they saying.
They can go to hell and rot there. Denying a telephone call with GEJ is a good thing for us.
Na wa oo, common Morocco kwa. Let me hear something. GEJ till 2030.
Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by Lilyomi(f): 1:04am On Mar 08, 2015
Gboskee:
sad what does that mean,,?? Eh?
Too bad
Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by castrogee(m): 1:17am On Mar 08, 2015
appini:
With Russia and China on our side, the gayest countries should all go and die.

America cannot stop us, we have used their ways and all we got was only intrigues and manipulations; china came to give us succour in the areas of infrastructural developments without interfering in our internal matters.

This is the last fight, let Tinubu and OBJ promise their paymasters in the west whatever they like. Excepting they want to form another country, the transformational agenda must go on. Bunch of greedy people.

We are ready,they should bring it on.

You deserve a national award!
Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by nwaanambra1(m): 2:33am On Mar 08, 2015
ROSSIKE:
Coward shouting from London. Why not come to Nigeria and open your rotten mouth like that and see how inconsequential you'll be in a cell or 6 ft under. Slaveboy kissing white man's asss overseas since 1972 and feeling funky.

THAT COMMENT REALLY TOUCHED YOUR BONE MARROW grin grin grin

I CAN BORROW U SOME ALABUKUN - IT CAN COOL THE PAIN cheesy cheesy
Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by nwaanambra1(m): 2:36am On Mar 08, 2015
mcquin:

The question is, with all you have said, why is Jonathan still calling them?

BRO! STOP ASKING A GOAT TO APPLY LOGIC - YOU WILL BE WASTING YOUR VALUABLE TIME undecided
Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by tammie24: 2:49am On Mar 08, 2015
SirShymexx:
Lol. Even Morocco doesn't want the plague of the clueless weasel a la GEJ around - everybody hates Chris. grin

This guy has to be the most disrespected president on the international scene ever.

Obama never liked him.

David Cameron doesn't rate him - visited Nigeria but only visited Lagos.

EU can't stand him.

Putin doesn't know who he's.

China avoids him like a rash.

Mugabe dissed him.

Jacob Zuma thinks he's inconsequential.

Like who takes GEJ seriously? Every time I see that monkey's face - I see a stark illiterate that should be somewhere in the zoo. grin
Because they all hate Nigeria, they feel threatened by us
Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by CaptPlanet(m): 6:27am On Mar 08, 2015
shinejackie:

Seconded, on point....bar man give them whatever they want and all bills on me...... cool

You guys are indeed enlightened. Great minds think alike.

When you're done at the bar, you can proceed to the club...

All expense paid.
Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by akigbemaru: 6:48am On Mar 08, 2015
Moroccan king rejects nigeria conversation.
Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 6:55am On Mar 08, 2015
CaptPlanet:

You guys are indeed enlightened. Great minds think alike.

When you're done at the bar, you can proceed to the club...

All expense paid.

No worries my gee......... cool
Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by Gboskee(m): 7:40am On Mar 08, 2015
Lilyomi:

Too bad
sad
Lilyomi:

Too bad
Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by seyiade50: 4:04pm On Mar 08, 2015
Dang my first speech on here was screwed up and pathetic. I wish to relaunch my Nairaland Career lols. I went and insinuated Fashola only worked for the rich when modernizing lagos; that he did nothing about housing, education or employment. I am right now tendering an unreserved apology to the great leader and anyone irked by my ill_adviced assault. He did/does care for people. But I still insist that Nigerians in general are like GEJ and wife, simple. So b4 u insult him first look inside, do I help my people more than I dominate them? Am I incorruptible?
Re: Morocco Rejects Phone Conversation Between Mohammed VI And Goodluck Jonathan by Gboskee(m): 3:23pm On Mar 12, 2015
Lilyomi:

Too bad
*in eminem voice* so bad, so good, ooh!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Justin Trudeau Pelted With Gravel During Campaign Trail In Ontario / US Reps Reintroduce #EndSARS Resolution For 117th Congress / Trump Wins Again, Trump Scores Big Win In Nevada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.