Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Before You Post On Nairaland - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Before You Post On Nairaland (857 Views)

When You Post Something, And It starts An Argument In Your Comments. / Insecure, Narcissistic People More Likely To Post On Facebook – Report / Celebrating Nairaland @ 10!!! Represent Your First Post On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before You Post On Nairaland by elfico(m): 8:04pm On Mar 07, 2015
Salient facts about posting on Nairaland and front page
Nairaland is truly a large and popular forum in Nigeria today and most people visit it almost everyday. A lot of topics are created everyday and lots of comments and likes are generated for each topic. Here are some observations about posting vommenting and 'liking' on Nairaland
1. Not all front page worthy post makes front page.
Hundreds if not thousands of posts are created everyday on the various sections and sub-sections. It is the job of the admin to put relevant topics on the front page. With a lot of very relevant post, the admin has to make a difficult choice. Put this in mind when your post doesn't make front page.
2. Admins are sometimes biased.
Yes, they are. So is English FA, Howard Webb(lol). Who isn't? Are they not human? You create a topic and somebody creates the same topic after you have created yours. The admin moved the second post to front page and you are left thinking what happened. No, they don't hate you. They don't even know you. Maybe your topic did not get a lot of traffic. Its nothing personal, just business.
3. Front page : an Oscar award.
With respect to the first point, I think you can understand why people rejoice when their topics make front page. It means you have succeeded in evading every evil checkpoint that the witches in your village have put up to stop your topic from making front page. Maybe that's why you see many of them thanking their pastors...grin
4. FTC : a Grammy.
If front page is an Oscar award, First To Comment is the Grammy equivalent. Some see it as testament to their internet speed, foresight or insomniac indisposition. Which ever it is, some people take it very serious. So, next time you see a vote of thanks to telecomms company, pastors, parents, siblings and even caffeine, just know that it took these people a lot to win their 'Grammy' and they wouldn't want you disregarding it.
5. The best posts do not necessarily get the highest likes.
Its a fact that some people scroll down a topic looking for the comments with the highest 'likes'. But it doesn't really mean that particular comment is the most sensible. It could be the most senseless, the funniest, the most sarcastic or even the most insulting comment. Some people follow crowd mentality and like posts that have a high number of likes. Am not condemning anybody o..
6. Nairaland gives you an idea of Nigeria.
Am not the first to say this, but its true. If you want to get a picture of Nigeria and Nigerians, visit Nairaland often and through the topics and comments made, you will have an idea of what kind of people are in Nigeria. From total idiots to intellectuals, ethnic and religious bigots, political e-thugs and so on. Almost every imaginable kind of person that makes up this great nation can be found here. You think you know Nigeria, visit Nairaland you never can tell what surprises you might find.
Disclaimer: The above represents the author's view. Contrary views may exist. None of the above is intended as an insult. Any perceived insult is coincidental.
Re: Before You Post On Nairaland by hrykanu231(m): 8:12pm On Mar 07, 2015
Just in case I have to take the Grammy

1 Like

Re: Before You Post On Nairaland by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 8:18pm On Mar 07, 2015
I will take the Oscer
Re: Before You Post On Nairaland by ifex370(m): 8:21pm On Mar 07, 2015
BET AWARDS kon undecided
Re: Before You Post On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:28pm On Mar 07, 2015
*shaking my head vigorously*
Re: Before You Post On Nairaland by 4everisaac(m): 8:32pm On Mar 07, 2015
mkpakanaodogwu:
I will take the Oscer

Sorry o. Nobody remembers the 2nd TC. :-). I could be rejoicing as 4th.
Re: Before You Post On Nairaland by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 8:35pm On Mar 07, 2015
4everisaac:

na lie,sometimes STC de gather more likes than Ftc,go and check ngwo masqurade on fp i am ftc how many likes i get?
Re: Before You Post On Nairaland by elfico(m): 8:35pm On Mar 07, 2015
ifex370:
BET AWARDS kon undecided
make we give dat one to post with highest likes..
Re: Before You Post On Nairaland by elfico(m): 8:43pm On Mar 07, 2015
Tandullceblog:
*shaking my head vigorously*
y now?? no 'kill' my Grammy o..
Re: Before You Post On Nairaland by akinsadeez(m): 8:50pm On Mar 07, 2015
4everisaac:

Dont discourage him. Haven't you seen a situation wherein the first comment is hidden and d second comment becomes first? something like that might happen in this case. grin

(1) (Reply)

#Xenophobia, I Am Deleting South Africans, See Photo & Do Same! / Im I Doing Good In South Africa / 10 Types Of People You Will See On Nairaland{New Version}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.