Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,750 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

Did Lot Actually Encourage Pre Marital Sex According To Genesis 19:8? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Lot Actually Encourage Pre Marital Sex According To Genesis 19:8? (535 Views)

Mohammed's Perfect Advise: Pre-marital Sex And Pregnancy / 5 Ways Pre-marital Sex Will Destroy You / The Period Of Wet Sahara Connected To Genesis? Theories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Lot Actually Encourage Pre Marital Sex According To Genesis 19:8? by charleff512(m): 10:49pm On Mar 07, 2015
Please I want a mature interpretation to Genesis 19:8 thank you all.
Re: Did Lot Actually Encourage Pre Marital Sex According To Genesis 19:8? by Mattpopson101: 10:57pm On Mar 07, 2015
New International Version
Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don't do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof."

New Living Translation
Look, I have two virgin daughters. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do with them as you wish. But please, leave these men alone, for they are my guests and are under my protection."

English Standard Version
Behold, I have two daughters who have not known any man. Let me bring them out to you, and do to them as you please. Only do nothing to these men, for they have come under the shelter of my roof.”

New American Standard Bible
"Now behold, I have two daughters who have not had relations with man; please let me bring them out to you, and do to them whatever you like; only do nothing to these men, inasmuch as they have come under the shelter of my roof."

King James Bible
Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof.
Re: Did Lot Actually Encourage Pre Marital Sex According To Genesis 19:8? by adahgold(m): 11:03pm On Mar 07, 2015
Wow,I talk am...

1 Like

Re: Did Lot Actually Encourage Pre Marital Sex According To Genesis 19:8? by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 11:23pm On Mar 07, 2015
Desperate time demand desperate action.

1 Like

Re: Did Lot Actually Encourage Pre Marital Sex According To Genesis 19:8? by RikoduoSennin(m): 8:21am On Mar 08, 2015
It PROBABLY was Lot's strategy to dissuade the gathered Mob from doing something bad to the Men/Angels-

1) He Knew his daughters have fiance's who were members of the community (Genesis 19:14) - Many of the men should also know this or some of their relatives might have been among those unruly men- any attempt to molest the women of their own citizen would have resulted in discord between themselves.

2) Probably those Men are straight Homosexual who consider women not sexually attractive at all, so Lot's offer would have Shocked them and reduce their Heightened Libido for those two men (act as a TURN OFF BUTTON). Since Lot figured that the sexual needs of these men, made them behaved in such a way.

All of the Above is just speculation on my part, I can't know for sure until I ask Lot himself- what he meant by offering his two daughters to those men.

NB: Pre-marital Sex is not supported by the Scriptures.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Forests-the-great-teachers / Three Kinds Of People And Children Learn What They Live / Oritsejafor’s Wife Lied, Says Borno Pastor, Dikwa. Insust GEJ Gave CAN 7billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.